Wilson Cruz in tick, tick...BOOM! tour (2003)

Discuss former or new projects of Wilson Cruz ("Rickie Vasquez") in this forum.
ttb

Wilson Cruz in tick, tick...BOOM! tour (2003)

Post by ttb » Oct 4th 2002, 6:17 pm

Wilson Cruz will be playing the role of Michael on the 2003 tour of the Off-Broadway musical "tick, tick...BOOM!" by Jonathan Larson (RENT). Rehearsals begin December 2002. The tour runs from January to May 2003. source: Playbill.com

Jan 7-12 Dallas, TX
Jan 14-Feb 2 Ft Lauderdale, FL:Parker Playhouse
Feb 4-16 Palm Beach, FL Royal Poinciana Playhouse
Feb 18-23 Lansing, MI Michigan State University Wharton Center
Feb 25-Mar 2 Philadelphia, PA Merriam Theatre
Mar 4-9 Baltimore, MD Mechanic Theatre
Apr 8-13 Washington D.C. Warner Theatre
Apr 29-May 11 Pittsburgh, PA Byham Theater
May 13-25 Chicago, IL Shubert Theatre

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Dec 8th 2002, 9:20 pm

More info from the official website

I saw Wilson Cruz in Rent and he was incredible - see this if you can!
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Jan 20th 2003, 9:33 pm

The following tour dates have been added:

March 11 - 23 Minneapolis, MN Pantages Theatre
March 25 - 30 Hershey, PA Hershey Theatre
April 1 - 6 Nashville, TN Polk Theatre

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » May 21st 2003, 4:45 am

Last stop:

May 27 - June 8 Boston, MA Wilbur Theatre

mwb
Tino

I met Wilson Cruz

Post by mwb » Jun 10th 2003, 9:26 am

I had the opportunity to see "tick, tick...BOOM" (starring Joey McIntyre and Wilson Cruz) in Boston on Friday night (June 6). My husband, the sweetheart that he is, surprised me with tickets, knowing my decade-long obsession with My So-Called Life and also my middle school crush on Joey McIntyre of New Kids on the Block.

Though it was panned by critics around here, "tick, tick...BOOM" was actually really good. And I’m not a huge fan of musicals. It was really funny and included a lot of upbeat, fun songs (kind of similar to the songs in "Rent"). Wilson Cruz was fantastic. He was hilarious and has a great voice. Joey McIntyre was very good, as well.

After the show, I actually met Wilson! He was in the lobby collecting money for Broadway Cares. My husband handed me a $5 bill to donate and looked on as I approached Enrique Vasquez himself! I told him what a great job he did in the musical. Then I told him how much I loved My So-Called Life. He smiled, touched my hand, and said "Thank you, baby." Adorable.

That’s my story. :)

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Jun 10th 2003, 2:29 pm

Wow, that is awesome! How thoughtful of your husband to bring you to a show where TWO of your obsessions were indulged simultaneously :D And it's always nice when you meet a celebrity who is gracious in person. You must be floating on air!

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Jun 10th 2003, 3:01 pm

candygirl wrote:Wow, that is awesome! How thoughtful of your husband to bring you to a show where TWO of your obsessions were indulged simultaneously :D And it's always nice when you meet a celebrity who is gracious in person. You must be floating on air!
Yeah that is very cool, and it is cool that he was nice about the MSCL mention. I could understand that it must be tough to only really be recognized for something you did nearly a decade ago. He sounds like a cool guy.

It is always a bummer when you meet someone famous and they are asses. Ooh I think I smell a new off-topic thread subject :)

Jody Barsch*
Lifehead

Post by Jody Barsch* » Apr 8th 2006, 3:15 am

A couple months ago a date, knowing my love for Jonathon Larson, and my absolute love for My So-Called life, got us tickets to see Tick-Tick-Boom. We drove from LA to Ventura to see it. The theater was awesome, it was an old converted church, very cool. We stayed after to say hi to Wilson. It was very quick, but he was very nice, and of course I told him I love MSCL. (I brought my DVD case for him to sign, but I didn't ask him, because I didn't want to dork-out too much in front of the date, little did I know then that that wasn't really an issue).