Devon Gummersall in Independence Day

Discuss former or new projects of Devon Gummersall ("Brian Krakow") in this forum.
Jack
Yearbook Team

Devon Gummersall in Independence Day

Post by Jack » Oct 29th 1999, 2:49 pm

I know this is a stupid question, but where is Devon Gummersall in "Independence Day"?
I rented it recently and for the life of me, I never saw him.

mglenn
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Re: Devon/ID4

Post by mglenn » Nov 1st 1999, 9:42 am

If memory serves me correct, all of his parts were cut. But I also seem to remember that if you watch the part where the guy comes out asking for anyone with flight experience at area 51, Devon is said to be sitting by the camp fire that is burning on the tarmac...

Mike Glenn
Project Manager for MSCL.COM

worldsapart
Between Names

Devon Gummersall in ID4

Post by worldsapart » Jun 30th 2000, 6:14 pm

I knew that Devon was in Independence Day, but heard that most of his scenes got cut. One time, I put my VCR in slow motion and managed to see what I think is his head (how can you miss that hair?) in one of the scenes, but not much.

ANYWAY...I just bought the new special edition ID4 DVD (sorry that this won't be helpful to all you without players), and guess what! There are two versions of the movie on disc 1, the theatrical version and then a version with 9 minutes of restored footage (which is cool since most dvds just have the deleted stuff in separate sections- I like it incorporated into the movie- most of the stuff is just little 10 second clips anyway). So, I was watching the uncut version and there are TWO Devon scenes included!! He's in it quite a bit for the very tiny part that he has. Just thought you guys might want to know. This special edition dvd is very cool, and I haven't even watched the second disc (where all the special stuff is)! I was very impressed by even the menus at the beginning (sometimes I think that they just want to get the movies out on dvd so they come up with some crappy picture with some things to click on and that's it, but this one is VERY cool). So that's all- if you liked the movie and you have a dvd player, you need this dvd for your collection!

Tracey

Where's Devon Gummersall (Brian) in Independence Day???

Post by Guest » Sep 7th 2000, 4:48 pm

I've been watching the movie at least a billion times now and I can't find him! Anybody who knows?

worldsapart
Between Names

Re: Where's Devon Gummersall (Brian) in Independence Day???

Post by worldsapart » Sep 8th 2000, 3:44 pm

If you've just got the regular version, you won't be able to find him. I think you might see the top of his head or something, but that's it. You have to buy or rent the special edition dvd and watch the long version. It's got like 9 minutes of extra footage or something and there's a decent amount of Devon (for an extremely minor character, at least) in it.

Tracey

I mock you with my monkey pants

NIGHTJESSI
Angelica

Re: Devon Gummersall in ID4

Post by NIGHTJESSI » Mar 24th 2002, 7:41 am

This is probably only going to be useful info for those of you who are in the Chicago area, but ID4 is slated to run on WFLD, the Fox affiliate, Sunday, 3/24, from 6 to 9 p.m. CST. Since MSCL's Brian's part is pretty nonexistent in this one, I'm guessing that he might even be cut out of this airing since the movie is undoubtedly cut for network airing. And judging from Tracey's post, I'm guessing the only way we're really going to see Devon is if we have the special edition DVD.

"When you drink from the cup of life, chug." ~ Citibank billboard