Devon Gummersall in "The L Word"

Discuss former or new projects of Devon Gummersall ("Brian Krakow") in this forum.
Sascha
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Devon Gummersall in "The L Word"

Post by Sascha » Feb 3rd 2004, 5:23 am

Devon ("Brian Krakow") is currently guest-starring on the new Showtime series "The L Word". He will appear in the upcoming episode "Lies, Lies, Lies" (Feb 8).

Jenny Schecter (MIA KIRSHNER) is a writer of fiction who has just graduated from college and arrives in Los Angeles to begin her "adult life" with her boyfriend Tim Haspel (ERIC MABIUS). They reside in West Hollywood, next door to Bette Porter (JENNIFER BEALS) and her partner Tina Kennard (LAUREL HOLLOMAN), who are trying to find the perfect sperm donor to help them start a family. Bette's and Tina's close network of friends includes Shane McCutcheon (KATHERINE MOENNIG), who is the resident heartthrob; Dana Fairbanks (ERIN DANIELS), a professional tennis player not yet out of the closet; bisexual journalist Alice Pieszecki (LEISHA HAILEY), and Bette's half-sister Kit Porter (PAM GRIER), who is a musician and a recovering alcoholic. In the two-hour pilot, Jenny's plans for her future are shaken when Marina (KARINA LOMBARD), a beautiful and compelling woman who owns a West Hollywood cafi, makes a pass at her at a party hosted by Bette and Tina.

Anne Archer guest stars as Alice's "B" actress mother; Roseanna Arquette portrays the wife of a studio head who comes in to get her hair cut by Shane and changes more than her haircut; Lolita Davidovich plays a costume designer who is also Marina's lover; Ossie Davis plays Melvin Porter, father of Bette and Kit; Devon Gummersall plays "Lisa" a lesbian identified man who has a relationship with Alice; Kelly Lynch portrays "Ivan," a drag King who falls for "Kit"; Tammy Lynn Michaels portrays a jilted lover of Shane who stalks her; Julian Sands plays a college professor of Jenny's; Snoop Dogg is "Slim Daddy," a rap star who samples a song that "Kit" wrote a number of years ago; and Holland Taylor plays "Peggy Peabody," an eccentric and wealthy art collector whom Bette convinces to allow her controversial Provocation collection to show at the CAC.

Source: http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/031203/nyw152_1.html

He also attended the "L Word" premiere in LA last month - small pictures can be seen here: http://www.dailyceleb.com/production/?v ... gummersall (Are Majandra Delfino and Devon a couple?)

Devan Gummersall FTM

Post by Guest » Jul 23rd 2004, 6:38 pm

I was watching the L-word a couple of weeks ago and one of the main characters got with this FTM (Female to Male) and I totally recognized him, but instead of saying it's "Devan Gummersall" I was like it's "Brian"

than in the next episode the same girl is getting with this other guy and there is a knock on the door and it's devan and The star is all "ohh HI Lisa" and her new boy toy is like "Dude your name is Lisa" and they fight some and the straight guys says "shut up " and Than devan Screams sooo funny " no you shut up, my Name is Lisa nd I'm her Lesbian Lover" ahhh sooo funny!

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Jan 20th 2005, 7:23 am

Jennifer Beals, Ilene Chaiken, Erin Daniels, Pam Grier, Leisha Hailey, Laurel Holloman, Mia Kirshner, Eric Lively, Katherine Moennig, and Sarah Shahi have been announced as The L Word panelists for the Museum of Television and Radio William S. Paley Television Festival on March 10. Chances are that Devon won't be added to the panel, but you never know!
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

Jody Barsch*
Lifehead

Post by Jody Barsch* » Feb 8th 2005, 3:11 am

OH! You guys beat me to this! I've been meaning to post this for months but haven't been able to find the time. Actually I'm surprised it wasn't posted a year ago. I love this show, I really got drawn into it. I hate the little brunette writer chick (she seems much more suited to the Party of Five style of female acting), but other than that, I love the show. Devon was also in a very small scene in Unscripted.
Sometimes I write a little MSCL fanfiction: https://www.fanfiction.net/u/1039807/Jody-Barsch
Also, after multiple V. Mars reiterations, and finally a Deadwood movie, still wishing for some continuation of The Riches !

Sascha
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Sascha » Feb 8th 2005, 5:24 am

Jody Barsch* wrote:Actually I'm surprised it wasn't posted a year ago.
It was posted a year ago :)

Cami A.
Catalano

Devon Gummersall on THE L WORD

Post by Cami A. » May 19th 2009, 4:13 am

Moderator note: merged with existing topic

I searched the forum and couldn't find a post on this, so I decided to bring your attention to it. Devon Gummersall appears for a few episodes in Season 1 of Showtime's "The L Word" as Lisa, a male lesbian. Watch the clips below, and let me know what you guys think of him in this role.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0CkuK8vteg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LcxrSbqA ... re=related

Sorry guys, these were all the clips I could find.
He's a pretty strange guy on the show.
"So, the mouse makes pressure, just by breathing?...I can relate."

Cami A.
Catalano

THE L WORD (Music & Parallels)

Post by Cami A. » May 22nd 2009, 3:16 am

Moderator note: merged with existing topic
JodyBarsh* wrote:[On a TV show / Leonard Cohen note, there were some great uses of his songs in the early seasons of the L Word -- before that show wacked out and went super crazy and trashy (the first season had such great music moments, then Betty took over (ugh!)). Sorry. I can't hold back from an L Word rant.]
So I just watched all 6 seasons of the L word in like a week. It was an awesome show. And you are right. The music in the first few seasons is awesome. I'd never heard "In My Secret Life" before it was used in the end of an episode. Definitely the earlier seasons are better, but I don't really think it got trashy until season 6 - and the series finale was f**king frustrating. I'm not sure if you watched it...

One non-Cohen song that I'm hooked to from THE L WORD is "Brother" by The Organ

Curious - who is your favorite character and why?

THE L WORD SEASON 6 SPOILER ALERT:

Plot Parallels to MSCL:

I've always thought that Shane was the Rayanne of THE L WORD!

In season 6, when Shane hooks up with Jenny's ex Niki, it totally reminded me of Rayanne "umming" with Jordan in the "Betrayal" episode of My So-Called Life because Shane and Jenny were best friends.

Shane says to Jenny, "You can not forget that 10 days ago, you told me she was dead to you...and for some reason in my f**ked up brain that gave me permission." (WATCH THE SCENE) Sound familiar? Angela claimed that she was over Jordan Catalano the morning of Rayanne's betrayal.

When Jenny found out, she shunned both Shane and Niki, like Angela did to Jordan and Rayanne. Then Shane sort of hovered around trying to get back into Jenny's life, just like Rayanne did with Angela.

However, I don't recall Rayanne and Angela making up then HOOKING UP in MSCL like Shane and Jenny do in The L Word, LOL!
"So, the mouse makes pressure, just by breathing?...I can relate."