Jared Leto in Chapter 27

Discuss former or new projects of Jared Leto ("Jordan Catalano") in this forum.
Angela_Catalano
Between Names

Jared Leto in Chapter 27

Post by Angela_Catalano » Nov 4th 2005, 5:27 pm

Just got the scoop that Jared Leto and Lindsay Lohan have signed on to the movie Chapter 27. Its a movie about who killed the beatle.. Jared is going to be the killer who is befriended by Lindsay Lohan! The more movies Jared is in, the better!!!

Here is the link to the artical...

http://movies.yahoo.com/mv/news/eo/2005 ... 32000.html

Angela_Catalano
Between Names

Post by Angela_Catalano » Jan 24th 2006, 1:23 pm

Hey, I dont know if you all know about the site http://www.Jared-leto.org but there are pictures of Jared playing Mark David Chapman! I dont know if he had to gain weight to play the part or if its a body suit and make up! But I thought maybe some people would want to check it out!

SanDeE*
So-Called Addict

Post by SanDeE* » Jan 24th 2006, 7:29 pm

I heard he gained 30-40 pounds for the part.
Um, in my room, one seam is a little off and I stare at it constantly. It's, like, destroying me.

~~Kristin~~

Miss_Leto
Tino

Post by Miss_Leto » Feb 26th 2006, 9:00 am

i also heard he gained 40 pounds...

Sascha
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Sascha » Feb 27th 2006, 6:04 am

Yes, it's Jared. :shock:

SanDeE*
So-Called Addict

Post by SanDeE* » Feb 27th 2006, 6:58 pm

God, that looks a lot like a fat suit. I know it's not, though. Just... wow.
Um, in my room, one seam is a little off and I stare at it constantly. It's, like, destroying me.

~~Kristin~~

Sascha
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Sascha » Mar 1st 2006, 1:19 pm

From a recent 30seconds to Mars newsletter (no idea how I got subscribed to that newsletter ;-)
On a side note our favorite lead singer just finished shooting on thursday night and has started a fast to help him lose the 62 lbs he gained for his role in the film "Chapter 27"... While we were resting, rehearsing and preparing for Forever Night Never Days, Jared was force feeding himself and transforming into Mark David Chapman, John Lennons killer. Now that the film is completed we are all together preparing for what will be an amazing next few months...

Miss_Leto
Tino

Post by Miss_Leto » Mar 2nd 2006, 7:33 pm

why haven´t i received that newsletter?? :wink:

i actually subscribed on purpose unlike you :wink:

Jody Barsch*
Lifehead

Jared Leto as Mark Chapman ...

Post by Jody Barsch* » Apr 23rd 2006, 6:41 pm

This is just my guess. I haven't read anything official on this, but I was looking through some images on the internet, and it seems like the most likely conclusion... First I saw:
Image And decided that this new look must be for an upcoming role. I looked a little further and came up with these:ImageImage concluding that it must have something to do with Mark Chapman, the man who killed John Lennon. Image
It wasn't, however, until I finally found the following (showing a film camera) that I was sure it was for a job.
I was having fun entertaining the idea that Jared had finally completely lost it, and adopted this new look as his solipsistic tongue-in-cheek affront to the media's obsession with him. Really, when I guy poses for pictures like this: (imagine that horrible mesh nipple picture (I can't get it to link)) and then becomes totally paranoid and resentful of people looking at him, you really can’t be too sure of what he’ll do. Well, Maybe I’m not being fair, but I was having a good time thinking about how Jared was embodying the Mark Chapman persona to drive away the girlies and the cameras.
Of course, I don’t think that’s what’s actually happening; I think they’re making a movie. …
[On the topic of John Lennon’s murder, I saw a two person play earlier this year (staring one of the guys from Chips), based on the FBI’s years of surveillance on Lennon. There was a really nice scene when the very conservative middle-aged agent tells about a cup of coffee he once shared with John while they talked about the responsibilities of being a father, while the young idealistic agent reflects on his disillusionment in John Lennon and his ideals when he saw him openly coming on to and sleeping with women in front of Yoko Ono. It was an interesting play.] Anyway, depending on how what they focus on, this might be an intriguing film (assuming I’m right and this is what they’re doing).
Sometimes I write a little MSCL fanfiction: https://www.fanfiction.net/u/1039807/Jody-Barsch
Also, after multiple V. Mars reiterations, and finally a Deadwood movie, still wishing for some continuation of The Riches !

lalaisfun
Frozen Embryo

yeah it is for a movie role.

Post by lalaisfun » Apr 23rd 2006, 9:56 pm

Yes, Jared Leto gained the weight to play the murderer of John Lennon. The movie is called Chapter 27 and it is supposed to come out on 2007. He already lost the weight so I doubt that he has lost it.

Jody Barsch*
Lifehead

Re: yeah it is for a movie role.

Post by Jody Barsch* » Apr 24th 2006, 2:03 am

lalaisfun wrote:He already lost the weight so I doubt that he has lost it.
Too bad; I love crazy and entertaining stories about Jared Leto. :mrgreen: Thanks though lalaisfun for the confirmation. On another note, as silly as this sounds, it'sweird for me to see that album in those pictures. That album cover has been up in my apartment for several years, and it's strange to see it out of the context of my living room. Ok, that's all I have to say.
Sometimes I write a little MSCL fanfiction: https://www.fanfiction.net/u/1039807/Jody-Barsch
Also, after multiple V. Mars reiterations, and finally a Deadwood movie, still wishing for some continuation of The Riches !

Sascha
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Sascha » Apr 24th 2006, 6:52 am

We also have a thread for "Chapter 27" over here.

Jody Barsch*
Lifehead

Post by Jody Barsch* » Apr 24th 2006, 10:22 am

Ooh, I'm sorry!! I did a search, before I posted, but not knowing the name of the project, I must have been searching with the wrong words. :oops:

Jody Barsch*
Lifehead

Post by Jody Barsch* » Apr 24th 2006, 10:29 am

Wow, I'm never trusting my searching abilities again. I searched "Jared Leto" "Mark Chapman" and "John Lennon", (all of which actually do appear in this thread) and limited the search to this forum, and it still didn't come up. :( I hate that feeling of forum failure (alliteration can only help though, right?). Oh well, at least my deductive reasoning skills are up to par if my mscl.com searching skills are weak.

Jody Barsch*
Lifehead

Post by Jody Barsch* » Apr 24th 2006, 10:35 am

Hmm, new thought: I'm guessing the title "Chapter 27" is in reference to Chapman's fixation(?) on Catcher in the Rye? My copy's at work right now, but I'm pretty sure there's 26 chapters in Salinger's novel.