Jared Leto in The Thin Red Line

Discuss former or new projects of Jared Leto ("Jordan Catalano") in this forum.
NIGHTJESSI
Angelica

Jared Leto in The Thin Red Line

Post by NIGHTJESSI » Jan 22nd 2002, 4:36 am

From looking at the Internet Movie Database on this one, it looks like it's a two-parter so I'm wondering if this one is even worth checking out. I would appreciate any insight into this flick where Jared plays a second lieutenant.

The movie/mini-series is slated to air the first part Tuesday, 1/22, on USA from 8 to 10 p.m. Eastern time and repeat early Wednesday, 1/23 (or late Tuesday, 1/22, depending on how you look at it), from 2 to 4 a.m. Eastern time. It appears that the second part is slated to air Wednesday, 1/23, on USA from 8 to 10 p.m. Eastern time and repeat early Thursday, 1/24 (or late Wednesday, 1/23, depending on how you look at it), from 2 to 4 a.m. Eastern time.

"When you drink from the cup of life, chug." ~ Citibank billboard

Dengar
Jody Barsh

Re: Jared Leto in The Thin Red Line

Post by Dengar » Jan 24th 2002, 6:09 pm

yaknow, i dont think he says a single word in the whole 5 minutes hes in the movie. dare i say its a good performance? it realy is, and then he gets shot and killed. hope i didnt spiol that for anyone;) if youre gonna rent this just for Jred, than youll be disopointed. other than that the cinamatography is amazing.

NIGHTJESSI
Angelica

Post by NIGHTJESSI » Jan 25th 2002, 9:24 pm

Given Jared's small part in this one, I'm not too bummed that I got spoiled. In any case, I just taped it off cable and am planning to watch it sometime this weekend when I have some extra time. I am always into movies that feature great cinematography, so this one sounds right up my alley, Dengar.

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Jan 26th 2002, 5:36 am

Well, Jared (and many others in the movie) were supposed to have much larger roles in the film but due to the fact that the movie was still over four hours long after the first edit, they started leaving people on the cutting room floor. One kid (I forget which one) had the starring role (according to the script) and it was his first big movie. He had his whole family come out for the premiere only to find that his role had been cut down to about five minutes total in the entire film.

I didn't particularly care for this movie. I agree that the cinematography was beautiful but that did not make the entire ass-numbing three hour experience.

NIGHTJESSI
Angelica

Post by NIGHTJESSI » Jan 26th 2002, 8:09 pm

What a bummer that Jared and a number of his co-stars had much of their time cut. I guess that's how the movie business goes, but it's still disappointing. Thanx for the info, candygirl.

NIGHTJESSI
Angelica

Post by NIGHTJESSI » Feb 5th 2002, 5:39 am

SPOILERS

Like a fool I taped this and I was pretty sorry that I bothered to hold four hour's worth of tape time for this one. I'm not that much into war movies to begin with, and it was actually bothering me how much star power was in this movie. I could tell from the amount of actors in it, that there was absolutely too much going on for many stories to have the chance to be fleshed out.

While I do believe Jared got to say a line or two, he certainly wasn't in there for long. And to be honest, the tape of this movie ran the whole time, but I remember dozing in and out of it. I guess I didn't turn it off because I kept thinking it would get better, but it never did for me. The cinematography, though, was pretty amazing.