Jared Leto in "Awake"

Discuss former or new projects of Jared Leto ("Jordan Catalano") in this forum.
Sascha
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Jared Leto in "Awake"

Post by Sascha » Sep 3rd 2004, 6:53 pm

from http://www.filmstew.com/Content/Article ... =9477&Pg=1
New York-based GreeneStreet Films producing drama from writer-director Joby Harold.

By FilmStew Staff Report

Requiem for a Dream star Jared Leto has signed on for the independent drama-thriller Awake for director Joby Harold. The project is scheduled to begin lensing this November in New York with Fisher Stevens and John Penotti's Big Apple-based GreeneStreet Films producing.

Awake, which Harold also wrote, stars Leto as Clay, the heir to a huge family fortune who needs to have a heart transplant. During the surgery, Clay becomes aware of a plot by the surgeons to get his money. In order to survive, he must outthink, outwit and outlast the team.

Leto, who will soon be seen in Oliver Stone's Alexander, is now shooting the Andrew Niccol drama Lord of War. Other big screen credits for the CAA-repped actor include Panic Room, Fight Club and Urban Legend. He got his start on the cult television series My So-Called Life.

GreeneStreet is the company behind films such as Pinero, In the Bedroom and, more recently, Uptown Girls.

raineedazed
Nicky Driscoll

Post by raineedazed » Sep 6th 2004, 8:12 pm

WOOOOOO!!!!!!!! :D :D

That has seriously made my day, btw.

8 weeks and 4 days until Alexander...
"I don't like to leave the house, unless I have to. I would prefer living in a cave, with a door. Maybe a giant hobbit cave, with furry rugs. Something really cozy, with a fireplace--something you could stay in for six to 15 months at a time."
~Jared Leto

Angela_Catalano
Between Names

Post by Angela_Catalano » Sep 9th 2004, 4:52 pm

Thats great to hear! but since its independent it probably wont come around my area and Ill have to wait for it on dvd.. :(

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Aug 28th 2005, 9:53 pm

Update! The film also stars Helen Mirren and is set to begin filming in October 2005.
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

Miss_Leto
Tino

Post by Miss_Leto » Mar 3rd 2006, 6:49 pm

still sure he´s starring? jared´s name doesn´t appear in the imdb-list anymore :cry: at least that was a few weeks ago, i would have to look again....

Miss_Leto
Tino

Post by Miss_Leto » Mar 3rd 2006, 6:50 pm

nope...can´t find him:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0211933/fullcredits

:-(

or am i blind??? or is it the wrong movie? ;-)

Sascha
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Sascha » Mar 3rd 2006, 7:33 pm

No, Jared is no longer attached to this project. It was supposed to be shot in late 2004, but something delayed the production. There were some rumors about financing problems. When the project got resurrected in 2005, Jared got replaced by Hayden Christensen.