Leto in Alexander

Discuss former or new projects of Jared Leto ("Jordan Catalano") in this forum.
Nothingman
Liberty High Graduate

Post by Nothingman » Nov 23rd 2004, 8:53 pm

I've seen the teaser for this movie several times on TV, but I just can't buy Colin Farrell as a great leader. I can't imagine a pretty boyish looking man with golden locks is who I'd want to follow into battle, but I suppose I wouldn't have a choice in the matter. Either way, I just can't evision him as a great warrior, am I the only one?
"To come to your senses, you must first go out of your mind." - Alan Watts

Nostradamus
Marshall Wannabe

Post by Nostradamus » Nov 24th 2004, 6:13 pm

Yeah, I think it's a likely case of historical revision. For all we know, the real Alexander was a narsty, smelly, ugly bastard, but he was depicted as charming and handsome because anyone who said differently was put to the sword.

:-P
I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure.
-- Clarence Darrow

I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it.
-- Mark Twain

schris
Between Names

Post by schris » Nov 26th 2004, 1:16 am

Here is a pic of Jared Leto at the 'Alexander' premiere that we all can enjoy!

SanDeE*
So-Called Addict

Post by SanDeE* » Nov 28th 2004, 5:29 pm

That photo is rather yummy!!!

Does anyone else think that these epic war period films are supposed to be picking up after Lord of the Rings is over now? I mean that the fans that went to LotR will go to see Troy or Alexander? I'm not going to see Alexander.
Um, in my room, one seam is a little off and I stare at it constantly. It's, like, destroying me.

~~Kristin~~

emmie
Liberty High Graduate

Post by emmie » Nov 28th 2004, 7:20 pm

Nothingman wrote:I've seen the teaser for this movie several times on TV, but I just can't buy Colin Farrell as a great leader. I can't imagine a pretty boyish looking man with golden locks is who I'd want to follow into battle, but I suppose I wouldn't have a choice in the matter. Either way, I just can't evision him as a great warrior, am I the only one?
isn't Leonardo Dicaprio supposed to play Alexander in Scorsese's version? if it's between the two, I'd think I'd rather follow Colin Farell. not commenting at all on acting ability or whatever, but Leo still looks like he's 14! and yet he's getting all these roles for great historical characters. I don't understand.

Sascha
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Sascha » Nov 29th 2004, 9:26 am

Films aimed at the family were spinning gold at the boxoffice in North America, with the top five films all appealing to that audience and between them contributing an impressive $118 million to what will be the second-biggest three-day Thanksgiving weekend on record. But in a disappointing debut, the expensive R-rated "Alexander" from Warner Bros. Pictures and Intermedia could only conquer sixth place.
[...]
The Oliver Stone-directed "Alexander" had a weak start with an estimated $13.4 million during the three-day weekend and an estimated $21.6 million since its release on Wednesday. The Colin Farrell starrer had several factors working against it -- a nearly three-hour running time, R rating, poor reviews and a low theater count. The feature, which reportedly cost $160 million-plus to make, was produced by Intermedia while Warner Bros. picked up the rights in North America.
http://hollywoodreporter.com/thr/articl ... 1000727212

whitespy12
Three Rivers Resident

Post by whitespy12 » Nov 29th 2004, 5:04 pm

If anyone's interested, there's an interview with Jared at Filmforce IGN. The interview is mostly on his role in Alexander and working with Oliver Stone and such, but there's also a mention of Thirty Seconds to Mars. The link is below:

http://filmforce.ign.com/articles/568/568853p1.html
"I'm hungry, I want eggs" - Claire Danes' impression of Arnold Schwarzenegger, Late Night with Conan O'Brien (January 22, 2003)

TooCool4Skool
Liberty High Student

Post by TooCool4Skool » Nov 29th 2004, 5:08 pm

Yes... I heard that Alexander wasn't very good. This depresses me greatly... :cry:

I don't know if this is really true, but I heard that in the movie, an airplane had been accidentally videotaped in the sky! :? :!: :?: :!: :?:

Has anyone seen it? If so... is it as bad as I've heard???
Moltar- Well hey, Thom asked me if he could see my knife, and Thom's doing a song about knife, and he wanted to see what one looked like. Isn't that right Thom? (Pulls out knife again)
Space Goast- (Turns to Thom Yorke) Is that right?
Thom- ...No.
Space Goast- Cuz it sounds like a good idea... so do it.

-Space Goast With Thom Yorke

SanDeE*
So-Called Addict

Post by SanDeE* » Nov 29th 2004, 6:00 pm

TooCool4Skool wrote: I don't know if this is really true, but I heard that in the movie, an airplane had been accidentally videotaped in the sky! :? :!: :?: :!: :?:
:lol: :lol: :lol: That's hilarious!!! I heard of that in another movie, but I can't think of it off the top of my head.
Um, in my room, one seam is a little off and I stare at it constantly. It's, like, destroying me.

~~Kristin~~

Gilly
Let's Bolt Regular

Post by Gilly » Jan 1st 2005, 9:43 pm

Alexander isn't bad, it's more of a historical film than an action film though. It is somewhat slow going at times but it's also very interesting with good visuals. I guess it depends on what you look for in a movie.

Angela_Catalano
Between Names

Post by Angela_Catalano » Jan 6th 2005, 11:35 pm

I saw Alexander.. I didnt really want to, but I wanted to see Jared Leto in it. Surprisingly I really liked the movie. I really think Jared acted really well as Colin's lover... Very beleivable.. The cast was really good! I think it was worth the money to go see. Its on my list of dvd's to own!

chelle797
Tino

Post by chelle797 » May 26th 2005, 11:48 pm

does anyone know when Alexander comes out of video?, Ive looked on blockbuster.com, and yahoo movies
thanks

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » May 27th 2005, 12:27 am

According to amazon, the R1 release date is August 2.
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

chelle797
Tino

Post by chelle797 » May 31st 2005, 9:29 pm

thanks!.. man it seems like it should be out already

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » May 31st 2005, 10:08 pm

The theatrical release was last November, and I figure as long as the DVD comes out within a year it's on schedule. The first LotR movie was in theaters in December and the first DVD came out in August which is about the amount of time I expect to wait for a DVD.
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?