Jared Leto in The Cool and the Crazy

Discuss former or new projects of Jared Leto ("Jordan Catalano") in this forum.
Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Jared Leto in The Cool and the Crazy

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Apr 2nd 2003, 3:33 am

This is a movie that Jared Leto did pre-MSCL, and apparently he isn't exactly proud of this particular piece on his resume. At any rate, I have never seen it so I can't comment on the actual movie, but one of the recappers at Television Without Pity has a segment called the Most Awesome Thing I Saw on TV Last Week (invariably a cheesy movie, often on Lifetime) and this week's pick was the Cool and the Crazy!

:D

You can read her comments about the movie here
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

jared leto

Post by lance » Apr 3rd 2003, 10:21 am

Wow,

:shock: You continue to astound me as the reigning font of knowledge.

Thanks for the info.

Best,

Lance Man

Megs
Lifehead

Post by Megs » Apr 3rd 2003, 11:02 am

Love Kim's recaps on TWoP. I liked her little segue (sp?) from the Real World into that movie. :lol:
"I have all these dreams where I know exactly what to say. And you tell me, you know, that you forgive me."

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Apr 4th 2003, 1:49 am

I made a special topic just for you Megs!

TMATISOTTW by Kim

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.

Megs
Lifehead

Post by Megs » Apr 4th 2003, 10:13 am

candygirl wrote:I made a special topic just for you Megs!

TMATISOTTW by Kim
:oops: Awww, shucks. Thanks!

:wink:
"I have all these dreams where I know exactly what to say. And you tell me, you know, that you forgive me."

Surya

The Cool and The Crazy

Post by Surya » Apr 20th 2003, 11:48 pm

Hi. I own this movies and I have to say that the ONLY redeaming quality it has is that Jared Leto gets naked in it. The movie is horrible. There is simply no other word to describe it.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a HUGE fan of his...I own many of his movies...but this one is just plain BAD.

Don't shoot the messenger :0)

Surya
flannelgoddess@aol.com

Post by Guest » Apr 30th 2003, 3:11 pm

Naked, really????? :shock:

Hunee
Between Names

Post by Hunee » Oct 22nd 2003, 10:41 am

yeah really this movie was just... horrible!!! dont waste whatever money they want you to rent or buy it for because even the scene when he does get naked is not worth the money!!! well it is but thats just my opinion!!! really the movie is just horrible!!!
so make the best of this test, and dont ask why
its not a question, but a lesson learned in time its something unpredictable, but in the end is right i hope you had the time of your life

Angela_Catalano
Between Names

Post by Angela_Catalano » Aug 16th 2004, 4:48 pm

I really really like Jared Leto! Im just having some problems getting some of his movies. I read a little about what cool and Crazy is about. I thought it might sound good. Is there anyone who can tell me a little more about the movie?? other than he gets naked..??

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Aug 16th 2004, 6:05 pm

I have never seen this movie, but there is a TWoP recap of the movie in this thread.

Jody Barsch*
Lifehead

Post by Jody Barsch* » Aug 16th 2004, 7:27 pm

Okay, so I read that link at TWoP, two things: 1. the reviewer refers to him as Jordan reather than Jared :lol: (unless that his character's name in this movie, which I doubt), 2. It is Jared and Alicia, which is a little strange since they were thinking of casting her as Angela.

Wait! I totally hadn't finished reading it before I posted this, it gets SO MUCH better!
And Jordan starts hanging out at her apartment and then Jack Kerouac and Neal Cassady come by (no, I'm not kidding) and do drugs and wave guns around.
Um, what??? That's RANDOM!!!

This is the first time I've followed CG's link to this site, Kim is totally funny and well-paced!! Just a sample:
So Jordan gets scared because he's bourgeois at heart. And Alicia gets scared because of her crazy greaser boyfriend...
Sometimes I write a little MSCL fanfiction: https://www.fanfiction.net/u/1039807/Jody-Barsch
Also, after multiple V. Mars reiterations, and finally a Deadwood movie, still wishing for some continuation of The Riches !

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Aug 16th 2004, 9:58 pm

Jody Barsch* wrote: the reviewer refers to him as Jordan reather than Jared :lol: (unless that his character's name in this movie, which I doubt)
Kim's installments of TMATISOTTW are usually tv movies featuring 90210 alumni, and she tends to refer to them by the character that we know them as rather than by their real names.

:mrgreen:

Megs
Lifehead

Post by Megs » Aug 17th 2004, 6:18 pm

Kim is awesome.

That is all.

Angela_Catalano
Between Names

Post by Angela_Catalano » Aug 18th 2004, 12:55 pm

Thanks Candygirl!! Ill go check that out!!