Jared engaged?

Discuss former or new projects of Jared Leto ("Jordan Catalano") in this forum.

Post by Guest » Oct 29th 2003, 1:12 pm

I dont know what that means either... to each his own? that makes no scence... I honestly have never heard of that...

Nik
Liberty High Student

Post by Nik » Oct 29th 2003, 1:18 pm

dont know what that means either... to each his own? that makes no scence... I honestly have never heard of that...
where are you from? I thought it was a common saying, but maybe only in certain areas. I'm from the Pacific Northwest, and It's a very common saying.

It basically means---

something that may be right for you, may not be right for me--but that's okay.
Nik

“Well, I guess it depends on how-- badly you need wallpaper”
“I would say pretty badly”

Post by Guest » Oct 29th 2003, 1:21 pm

I am not an avid reader and sometime it takes me a minute to understand things... really I dont mean to come off sounding dumb but sometimes I do... it really is sad... in MHO!!!

Nik
Liberty High Student

Post by Nik » Oct 29th 2003, 1:44 pm

it really is sad... in MHO!!!
What is sad??

I dind't think you were coming off as dumb at all. You were just asking for clarification. I hope my response didn't make you feel dumb--it wasn't meant to!
Nik

“Well, I guess it depends on how-- badly you need wallpaper”
“I would say pretty badly”

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Oct 29th 2003, 2:53 pm

Nik wrote:
dont know what that means either... to each his own? that makes no scence... I honestly have never heard of that...
where are you from? I thought it was a common saying, but maybe only in certain areas. I'm from the Pacific Northwest, and It's a very common saying.

It basically means---

something that may be right for you, may not be right for me--but that's okay.
I'm in the NorthEast and I have always heard that saying. I too thought it was very common.

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Oct 29th 2003, 3:40 pm

I lived in Chicago for ten years and have lived in California the rest of my life, and I have heard the saying "to each is own" all over the country (New York, Washington D.C., Florida, Colorado, Ohio, Nevada).

Nik, I don't think that you were being curt. You bring up very good points about marriage and relationships. A piece of paper does not guarantee a good relationship. Some people feel it is important to be legally married, while others feel it is important to be married in a religious ceremony, and others see no need for either. I have no problem with the institute of marriage, and I have no problem with people who don't want to be married. What is more important is that you have a healthy relationship with each other. If you want the state or the church to recognize that relationship, that's your call.
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

MarsJunkie
Nicky Driscoll

Wow

Post by MarsJunkie » Oct 29th 2003, 5:36 pm

Wow, I didn't mean to get a whole thing started about "to each his own". What I meant is that, while I feel marriage is a great thing, others may not. What works for them works for them, and what works for me works for me. It's a common saying here, so I kinda took it for granted that everybody would know what it meant. My apologies. :oops:
"He flopped on the floor uncontrollably, okay? Rickie had to hold down his tounge..."
"...And I wasn't even there!"

Hunee
Between Names

Post by Hunee » Oct 29th 2003, 6:06 pm

LOL!!! this was all started because I did not understand a saying... LOL ok even my brother knows what it means and I dont... forgive me all because I am to slow and it takes my mind a minute to take on things... I really honestly have never heard this saying before and now that I know it is common in other places I feel like my world is a little closed off to reality... maybe its just the company I keep or something but I swear to god I feel really stupid... BTW i am from vegas and not that people here from vegas dont know what that means because im sure they do but i was just asking a couple of friends and they did not know either... maybe its the desert heat that makes me and my girls a little off beat... :oops:
so make the best of this test, and dont ask why
its not a question, but a lesson learned in time its something unpredictable, but in the end is right i hope you had the time of your life

MarsJunkie
Nicky Driscoll

lol

Post by MarsJunkie » Oct 30th 2003, 7:18 pm

It's okay! I thought it might be a Kentucky thing! There are a lot of phrases I don't understand either! :D
"He flopped on the floor uncontrollably, okay? Rickie had to hold down his tounge..."
"...And I wasn't even there!"