I MET JARED LETO!

Discuss former or new projects of Jared Leto ("Jordan Catalano") in this forum.
NsyncL4L
Frozen Embryo

I MET JARED LETO!

Post by NsyncL4L » Aug 13th 1999, 7:15 pm

My friend and I were at Seattle Center on July 26, 1999. In front of the Center House in Seattle Center there was this sign that warned us we were entering a film-making area, so when we passed it I saw this REALLY hot guy. Amber points right at him while he's staring at her and she's like, "THAT'S JARED LETO!" Okay so I didn't have any idea who that was, turns out he starred in "My So-Called Life" and "Prefontaine" and "Urban Legend", but he was really cute so who cares. =) K then he and this blonde haired woman got in a cart to drive over to the fountain, and as they pass us they both turn around and wave at Amber, the woman being CAMERON DIAZ. Well now that was odd. Turns out he and her are an item right now, and she was just visiting, but when she left she waved to me so its all good. Anyways the two stars of the new movie they were filming, "A Leonard Cohen Afterworld" were Jared Leto (from "Urban Legend", "Prefontaine, "My So-Called Life", etc; here's a pic of him) http://www.geocities.com/Hollywood/Lot/3420/US3.JPG
and SELMA BLAIR from "Zoe, Duncan, Jack and Jane" and "Cruel Intentions". To make a very long story short, I ended up getting her and Jared's autographs, waved at Cameron Diaz, was on KISS 106.1 talking about Cameron's visit, got Michael Fredo's autograph, and got to watch a movie in the making all that day.

The next day we found out where they were filming and it was very cool too, Amber and I each got a pic with Selma Blair, she's really short compared to me! Jared said, "You already got a pic of me" so that means they actually remembered us so that was nifty. Then he grabbed the BSB keychain hanging out of Amber's pocket and said, "Got your Backstreet Boys keychain!" and Selma was like, "Backstreet's back, alright!" (ah, ya liked that, didn't cha?!?) Thought that was pretty funny...anyways I gave Selma a beanie baby and she signed for me again (this time not on the back of a 25% off coupon).

The day after that was their last day of filming downtown, how sad! And MAN we almost got to be extras!!! We had made friends with one of the production assistants (pretty cute actually hehe) and he asked us, "Are you guys gonna be here all day?" and he said a bunch of extras had just bailed on them...but then it turns out they had already filled up the spots! Ah! Not like we were ASKING for anything to be extras, like money, we just wanted to be in the movie! He even said he had tried once to get us in the background, but then a group of guys cut across the street at the same time so they cut that part out! Grrr...oh well I'm very happy I got to meet them and I just got my pics back recently. I have some very cool scanned pics.

Re: I MET JARED LETO!

Post by Guest » Aug 14th 1999, 6:55 am

Insulting comments edited out cause I didn't like them and they have no point here!

Mike Glenn
Project Manager for MSCL.COM

NsyncL4L
Frozen Embryo

I'M NOT LYING SO DEAL WITH IT!!!!

Post by NsyncL4L » Aug 15th 1999, 2:51 am

WELL PEOPLE LIKE YOU OUGHTA CHECK WHAT THEY'RE SAYING UNLESS THEY'RE SURE!!!! I'm not resorting to that kinda language 'cause uhhh that's stupid. I would EMAIL you the pics of Jared TWO FEET AWAY FROM US but since you DIDN'T LEAVE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS I CAN'T!!!! If anybody else doesn't believe me then EMAIL ME AT NSYNCL4L@AOL.COM AND I PROMISE I'LL SEND YOU THE PICS! I'm not a liar and I don't appreciate being called one. If ya think about it what happened to me ISN'T ALL THAT UNLIKELY! Don't yell at me just 'cause it didn't happen to you, whoever you are. By the way people when you go see the movie look for R.A. under production assistants, he was the one trying to get us in.

So-Called Loon
Angela's best friend

Post by So-Called Loon » Jan 7th 2003, 10:11 am

Hmm.

Very interesting story. I never knew he was linked with Ms. Diaz.
I commented on it because i just felt like bumping an ancient thread up. I hadn't even joined when this one was written.

Appy-polly-loggies if i'm being a pain.
Been a member since sometime BR (before Ross)

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Jan 7th 2003, 4:15 pm

According to yesterday's IMDB report, Cameron and Leo are now an item so Jared is single once again!

Of course, how much do you trust celebrity gossip?

:wink:
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Jan 7th 2003, 5:58 pm

candygirl wrote:According to yesterday's IMDB report, Cameron and Leo are now an item so Jared is single once again!

Of course, how much do you trust celebrity gossip?

:wink:
More importantly how much do you trust Nsync/BSB fans? :lol:

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Jan 7th 2003, 6:09 pm

Hey, leave my sister out of this!

:D

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.

Megs
Lifehead

Post by Megs » Jan 7th 2003, 11:47 pm

Wow. Jared and Cameron have been together for a few years. I hope that's not true.
"I have all these dreams where I know exactly what to say. And you tell me, you know, that you forgive me."

GaryEA
So-Called Addict

Post by GaryEA » Jan 8th 2003, 3:29 am

Cameron and Leo... ? Nah, I don't buy it. :wink:

I should pay attention this late at night. I almost closed this thread because of the shenanigans that went on when it first started.

I'm going to bed...

Gary

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Jan 8th 2003, 5:55 am

GaryEA wrote:Cameron and Leo... ? Nah, I don't buy it. :wink:
Me either. Why not? Cameron and Jared have been dating since 1999, and if they were able to stay together admidst all the travelling, promotion, and publicity required for Charlie's Angels, Requiem for a Dream, and 30 Seconds to Mars, I doubt that the release of Gangs of New York would affect their relationship enough to cause them to break up.

(The press is making it sound like Cameron and Leo's "romance" is connected to filming the Gangs of New York together, but the movie was actually filmed from September 2000 through April 2001 so you would think that they wouldn't wait another year and a half until the movie was actually released to get it on. Believe me, I'm not saying that Jared and Cameron were meant to be and no one will ever come between them and they will live happily ever after, etc. but this Cameron/Leo thing - the timing is too coincidental and I think the gossip columns are making something out of nothing yet again!)

Lindsay
Overlooked Sibling

cameron & jared

Post by Lindsay » Jan 8th 2003, 6:54 pm

I thought they were still together as well. I seem to remember reading somewhere that Cameron & Leo had problems with the whole love scene in "Gangs..." because it didn't come off "hot" enough, and I really don't think that they are now an item. I could be wrong.... hopefully not though. I think Cameron & Jared make a nice match. WHO KNOWS!! All the hollywood info we read could very well be a mesh of rumors.

Hunee
Between Names

Post by Hunee » Oct 22nd 2003, 10:49 am

THE RUMOR MILL KEEPS RUNNING!!!
so make the best of this test, and dont ask why
its not a question, but a lesson learned in time its something unpredictable, but in the end is right i hope you had the time of your life

Jody Barsch*
Lifehead

Re: I MET JARED LETO!

Post by Jody Barsch* » Aug 17th 2004, 8:24 am

NsyncL4L wrote:JARED LETO... filming "A Leonard Cohen Afterworld"
With Sascha's help I was looking at the casts' ages and saw this movie title as one of Jared's credits. It was one I had not heard of before, and this is the only thread it was mentioned in. Has anybody seen it? I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LEONARD COHEN!!! I can't imagine what this movie is actually about, I'm guessing it actually has very little to do with Leonard, but you never know... And after all, great music and a good looking boy can't be all that bad.
Sometimes I write a little MSCL fanfiction: https://www.fanfiction.net/u/1039807/Jody-Barsch
Also, after multiple V. Mars reiterations, and finally a Deadwood movie, still wishing for some continuation of The Riches !

Jody Barsch*
Lifehead

Post by Jody Barsch* » Aug 17th 2004, 8:34 am

Okay, I googled it, the film was based on the book A Leonard Cohen Afterworld by Stefan Banz
First of all: this book has no connection with Leonard Cohen - except the title, and even that has been adapted from a song by Nirvana...
That's a bummer, but I thought that that would probably be the case.
Sometimes I write a little MSCL fanfiction: https://www.fanfiction.net/u/1039807/Jody-Barsch
Also, after multiple V. Mars reiterations, and finally a Deadwood movie, still wishing for some continuation of The Riches !