Claire Danes in Homeland

Discuss former or new projects of Claire Danes ("Angela Chase") in this forum.
Sascha
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Claire Danes in Homeland

Post by Sascha » Nov 17th 2010, 4:10 am

Nellie Andreeva over at deadline.com reports that Claire Danes is in talks for the lead of a new Showtime drama show titled "Homeland". It is described as a psychological thriller from former "24" executive producer/showrunner Howard Gordon about a female CIA case officer (Claire Danes) who tracks down threats to homeland security coming from the Middle East.

More details at deadline.com.

To be honest, the role of a tough CIA officer doesen't sound quite right for Claire in my ears. But still, it's her first TV project since "My So-Called Life" in 1994, so I'm looking forward to it -- hopefully Showtime picks it up.

Sascha
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Re: Claire Danes will come back to TV for Showtime pilot

Post by Sascha » Nov 19th 2010, 3:40 am

Sascha
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Re: Claire Danes returns to TV for "Homeland"

Post by Sascha » Apr 13th 2011, 12:10 pm

Quick update: the pilot has finished shooting, Showtime picked the show up for an entire first season and there's even a trailer:

Jody Barsch*
Lifehead

Post by Jody Barsch* » Apr 13th 2011, 10:01 pm

Oooh I love Mandy Patinkin! Looks good. It might take me a couple episodes to see Claire Danes as the character rather than herself. I like how emphatic she is though.
Sometimes I write a little MSCL fanfiction: https://www.fanfiction.net/u/1039807/Jody-Barsch
Also, after multiple V. Mars reiterations, and finally a Deadwood movie, still wishing for some continuation of The Riches !

Greybird
Let's Bolt Regular

Post by Greybird » Jun 7th 2011, 9:55 pm

On the one hand: I detest the whole premise of this series, given that it's extremely unlikely to question why the U.S. government is intervening in these countries and is slaughtering people wholesale. The previews seem to be at least half-glorifying the military and the CIA, and I get enough of that from the rest of the culture.

I especially detest the title, as these gyrations and this pouring of money and blood into the sand does nothing whatsoever to actually protect the "Homeland" — quite the opposite.

On the other hand: It's immensely satisfying to see any project being billed with "Emmy Award winner Claire Danes." And if she does half as well as she did in dramatically redeeming "The Flock," another preposterous premise, she'll further prove her acting chops.

Is this enough to make me re-subscribe to cable TV? No, not even with Claire. Yet I will procure the first episode / pilot (you know what I'm talking about) and give it an honest hearing and viewing. That should show whether Claire is mastering this material or is being used by it.
Last edited by Greybird on Jan 27th 2012, 8:50 am, edited 2 times in total.
Greybird of Starhaven
"MSCL" crazy since March 1995

Sascha
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Sascha » Oct 27th 2011, 3:50 am

"Homeland" has been renewed for a second season!

"The show, which is Showtime's highest rated freshman series ever, will go back into production in the spring of 2012"

http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethebox ... eries.html

Sascha
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Is Claire Danes’s Homeland Character Secretly Angela Chase?

Post by Sascha » Oct 31st 2011, 8:10 am

Interesting comment at nymag.com: Is Claire Danes’s Homeland Character Secretly Angela Chase?
[...]

When Carrie uncomfortably watches surveillance footage of her main suspect having sex with his wife, it's hard not to think of the MSCL episode "Father Figures," where Angela gets a flu shot and considers having sex with Jordan Catalano. She's intrigued, but kind of put off, and feels a little guilty for even thinking about it as much as she has been. That wasn't the only moment in Homeland that overlapped a little bit with My So-Called Life. Here are some moments that made it seem like Carrie just may be Angela, all growed up.

[...]
http://nymag.com/daily/entertainment/20 ... danes.html

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Dec 11th 2011, 8:48 am

Interview with NY Magazine with a sweet tidbit about MSCL:
My So-Called Life has had such a long afterlife. Did that make you think more seriously about the next TV project you did?

You know, I love the show and I'm still very close with Winnie who wrote it and the two Devons who were in it. It was a momentous event for me, and so I don't feel dogged by it and I'm incredibly flattered that it continues to resonate. I loved Saved By the Bell, but it wasn’t like that; it was a very special show. I’m not remotely embarrassed by it. I got a little bit annoyed when people were saying that, you know, Carrie Mathison is just Angela Chase grown up. That is preposterous.
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Re: Claire Danes in Homeland

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Dec 15th 2011, 11:00 am

Congratulations to Claire Danes for her Golden Globe nomination! She was nominated for her role as Carrie on Homeland in the category of Best Performance by an Actress in a Television Series - Drama. She's up against Mireille Enos (The Killing), Julianna Marguiles (The Good Wife), Madeleine Stowe (Revenge), and Callie Thorne (Necessary Roughness).

Homeland was also nominated for Best Television Series - Drama (along with American Horror Story, Boardwalk Empire, Boss, and Game of Thrones). Damian Lewis was nominated in the category of Best Performance by an Actor in a Television Series - Drama.

The Golden Globes will air Sunday, January 15, 2012.

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Jan 16th 2012, 7:01 am

Congratulations to Claire Danes for winning her third Golden Globe tonight! Her acceptance speech was very sweet. She said that the first time she won a Golden Globe was for My So-Called Life when she was only 15 and she was so flustered that she forgot to thank her parents, so this time she wanted to thank them first.

I haven't seen Necessary Roughness or The Killing so I can't say anything about the actresses nominated from either of those shows, but as someone who watches Homeland, Revenge, and The Good Wife, this was a well-deserved win. Homeland also won for best drama, which was a pleasant surprise since it was also up against some tough competition.

kinderwhore
Frozen Embryo

Post by kinderwhore » Jan 17th 2012, 5:11 am

congrats to claire danes for winning...she is one of my fave actor/esses.. :angel:

Greybird
Let's Bolt Regular

Post by Greybird » Jan 27th 2012, 8:52 am

I procured and watched the first three episodes. The amoral glorification of CIA operatives, and of how Claire's character brazenly trashed the Bill of Rights at every turn, finally became too repellent for me.

I also fear that Claire is still relying on acting tics, such as the constant swearing, to get past any limitations in her technique. Obviously the Golden Globe voters didn't think so, and I congratulate her on her award trifecta. Yet the artifice and statism are still too much to endure.
Greybird of Starhaven
"MSCL" crazy since March 1995

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Sep 24th 2012, 12:23 am

Congratulations to Claire Danes for winning an Emmy for Outstanding Lead Actress in a Drama Series.

Her costar Damian Lewis also won an Emmy for Outstanding Lead Actor in a Drama Series, and Homeland won for Outstanding Drama Series. Alex Gansa, Howard Gordon, and Gideon Raff also won an Emmy for Outstanding Writing for a Drama Series for the pilot episode.

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Dec 18th 2012, 10:13 am

MSCL shout out in the S2 finale: Claire Danes told Brody, "You interrupted me."