Claire Danes credits Narciso Rodriguez for 1995 Oscars outfi

Discuss former or new projects of Claire Danes ("Angela Chase") in this forum.
Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Claire Danes credits Narciso Rodriguez for 1995 Oscars outfi

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Oct 26th 2007, 3:54 am

Danes Thanks Rodriguez for "Cover Up" Advice
Actress Claire Danes has thanked fashion designer Narciso Rodriguez for insisting she "dress her age" at the 1995 Academy Awards ceremony. The Romeo + Juliet actress admits she wanted to wear a sexy outfit for the Oscar bash, but was advised by her clothing mentor to "cover up." Under the advice of Rodriguez, Danes ended up choosing a stylish cashmere t-shirt and skirt ensemble for the ceremony - which was praised by fashion critics across the world. She says, "At 17, girls are so confused about sex. Maybe they've just started to have it, and they think full exposure is what they're supposed to aim for, and, of course, it's not. So I wanted to be sexy for the Oscars! And Narciso said: 'No, you're a girl. You should look age-appropriate.' It seems pretty fundamental, but it was important for me to hear that at the time."
source
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

Jody Barsch*
Lifehead

Re: Claire Danes credits Narciso Rodriguez for 1995 Oscars outfi

Post by Jody Barsch* » Oct 29th 2007, 8:02 pm

That's cool. Now, if only she'd had someone to advise her against the hair an make-up from the R&J premier.
Sometimes I write a little MSCL fanfiction: https://www.fanfiction.net/u/1039807/Jody-Barsch
Also, after multiple V. Mars reiterations, and finally a Deadwood movie, still wishing for some continuation of The Riches !