Claire Danes in Neil Gaiman's "Stardust"

Discuss former or new projects of Claire Danes ("Angela Chase") in this forum.
Sascha
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Claire Danes in Neil Gaiman's "Stardust"

Post by Sascha » Mar 5th 2006, 6:35 pm

Looks like Claire's been cast as Yvaine in the big screen adaptation of Neil Gaiman's novel "Stardust":

http://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=22637

Neil writes about the casting here, but without mentioning Claire:
http://www.neilgaiman.com/journal/2006/ ... -news.html
Last edited by Sascha on Mar 7th 2006, 5:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sascha
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Sascha » Mar 7th 2006, 5:19 am

Hollywood
Overlooked Sibling

Post by Hollywood » May 7th 2006, 5:56 pm

Am I the only one really excited for this. I really think this is going to be over the top and amazing.

danguyf
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by danguyf » Aug 4th 2006, 8:54 am

I'm very excited by this. I can't believe the footage screened at SDCC hasn't leaked onto YouTube!!

This will be Claire's third Neil-related project; I think it's safe to say that they are fans of each other, in that she keeps doing Neil-stuff and he had say in her getting the job at least two of the three times.

Sascha
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Sascha » Mar 24th 2007, 8:24 am

The first official trailer is online. And it looks amazing.

The release date is now August 10th.

TomSpeed
Marshall Wannabe

Post by TomSpeed » Mar 24th 2007, 9:52 pm

It looks good.
TomSpeed

Patty: If Rayanne's not seeing you, and we're not seeing you, who is seeing you?
Graham: And how much of you?
Angela: Dad!
Graham: Oh, I'm sorry! I asked a question about your life, didn't I? Woah, what came over me?
http://www.last.fm/user/TomSpeed/

Sascha
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Sascha » Jul 16th 2007, 1:22 pm

Comics2film published an early review for "Stardust" today, the reviewer seemed to be very happy with the finished movie.
[...] some stand out performances most notably by Claire Danes and Robert De Niro. [...]

'Stardust' is a film that both young and old alike will enjoy and could very well become a fairytale classic.
There's also a huge gallery with screenshots from the movie.

Sascha
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

"Stardust" opens this week in Germany and the UK

Post by Sascha » Oct 14th 2007, 8:56 am

British newspaper telegraph.co.uk features today an interview with Claire Danes ("Capital Danes") (and one of the most beautiful pictures of Claire, by the way). "Stardust" opens this Thursday (Oct 18) in Germany ("Der Sternenwanderer"), this Friday (Oct 19) in the UK, and next week in Spain, France and Greece.

So far, "Stardust" has grossed more than $64 million.

dudn3000
Tino

Re: Claire Danes in Neil Gaiman's "Stardust"

Post by dudn3000 » Oct 22nd 2007, 4:12 am

Saw that movie yesterday and I just can say one word: WOW!!! I'm so impressed, it was one of the greatest movies I've ever seen! Everyone played their part soooo great and it was a movie to think about and it was also fun ... just perfect!!!

Anyone else seen it???

Sascha
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

"Stardust" HD-DVD

Post by Sascha » Nov 9th 2007, 9:10 am

High-Def Digest has the details on the upcoming "Stardust" HD-DVD, to be released on December 18 (just as the standard DVD). This release will contain a few special features (Making Of, Blooper Reel, Deleted Scenes), but only 5.1 Digital Audio.

Looks like we're getting no commentary tracks for this one. It probably depends on the sales figues of this DVD whether we'll ever see an additional Special Edition DVD release at a later point.

Greybird
Let's Bolt Regular

Links to film discussions and DVD news

Post by Greybird » Nov 12th 2007, 7:47 am

The IMDb discussion board for "Stardust" has a great deal of praise and reviewing of every aspect of the film, from scores of people around the world. Including yours truly, who's seen it ten times in the theater! (Methinks you can guess that I liked it ... oh, that's the understatement of the year.)

Yet more comment about the film, soundtrack, and Take That credits song, back to mid-Summer, comes from the passionate Danes fans at the Planet Claire Yahoo! Group.
Sascha wrote:[...] Looks like we're getting no commentary tracks for this one.
Martyn Drake, who's extensively reported news of the film for months, just noted at IMDb what he was told directly by Neil Gaiman:

Director / screenwriter Matthew Vaughn and producer / co-screenwriter Jane Goldman have indeed recorded a joint commentary track for the film, which was only completed on Friday.

It's only about five weeks until the DVD and HD-DVD release in Region 1, but that should still be enough time to include the track. Significantly, the back-cover art for the discs, which would list that feature, hasn't been released yet. The revised front-cover art is available to view here.
Greybird of Starhaven
"MSCL" crazy since March 1995