Claire Danes in The Family Stone

Discuss former or new projects of Claire Danes ("Angela Chase") in this forum.
Sascha
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Claire Danes in The Family Stone

Post by Sascha » Dec 19th 2004, 6:39 am

From the Hollywood Reporter:

Three sign up for Bezucha's family affair

By Borys Kit and Liza Foreman
Diane Keaton, Sarah Jessica Parker and Dermot Mulroney have signed on to the project previously known as "Hating Her" for Fox 2000. Claire Danes, Rachel McAdams and Luke Wilson are in negotiations to join the romantic comedy, which is currently untitled.

Tom Bezucha writes and directs, while Michael London, whose "Sideways" is being toasted by many awards groups, produces.

Set around Christmastime, the story revolves around a family whose favorite son (Mulroney) brings home the woman to whom he intends to propose (Parker), only to have his family turn on her.

Keaton plays the matriarch and the family's emotional core. Wilson and McAdams would play Mulroney's brother and sister, while Danes would play Parker's sister.

"It's an embarrassment of riches," Bezucha, who wrote and directed the 2000 indie "Big Eden," said of the cast. "You can't even dream this big."

The project, which has been in development for several years, came close to being put together on several occasions, most recently a year and a half ago.

"I'm humbled by the general good will by the town towards the script," Bezucha said. "It took the stewardship of Michael (London) to really make it jell, and Elizabeth Gabler, who really, really responded when he took it to her. It has been a long and bruising road, but you look back and think there are no regrets because you ended up where you ended up."

Bezucha is a former fashion exec who worked at Polo and Coach in New York before becoming a filmmaker. He recently wrote "Anyone but You," which is set up at Paramount, for producer Lynda Obst.

A late February start date is planned for the untitled production, which has a budget of $10 million-$20 million. Carla Hacken is overseeing for the studio.

Parker and Wilson are repped by CAA. Keaton, Mulroney and Danes are repped by ICM. Danes is additionally repped by manager Michael Aglion. McAdams is repped by Gersh and manager Shelley Browning at Magnolia Entertainment. Bezucha is repped by Todd Hoffman and Sophy Holodnik at BWCS and attorney David Fox.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/thr/ar ... 1000739366

TooCool4Skool
Liberty High Student

Post by TooCool4Skool » Dec 19th 2004, 2:43 pm

That actually sounds really interesting.

With Sarah Jessica Parker in it- you already have a "built-in" crowd.
Moltar- Well hey, Thom asked me if he could see my knife, and Thom's doing a song about knife, and he wanted to see what one looked like. Isn't that right Thom? (Pulls out knife again)
Space Goast- (Turns to Thom Yorke) Is that right?
Thom- ...No.
Space Goast- Cuz it sounds like a good idea... so do it.

-Space Goast With Thom Yorke

SanDeE*
So-Called Addict

Post by SanDeE* » Dec 22nd 2004, 10:09 pm

Hmmm. I don't know if Claire Danes and Sarah Jessica Parker look enough alike to be sisters... but they can do wonders with hair and makeup out there in hollywood, so who knows? Sounds interesting, though - I'd check it out!
Um, in my room, one seam is a little off and I stare at it constantly. It's, like, destroying me.

~~Kristin~~

MyLifeIsBrians
Yearbook Team

Post by MyLifeIsBrians » Jan 6th 2005, 12:54 am

I can kinda see them as sisters. They both have the same face structure to me.
There`s Something About My Life....

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Jul 13th 2005, 10:55 pm

The movie has been retitled The Family Stone so I changed the thread title. The tentative release date is now November 4th.
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

Sascha
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Sascha » Sep 25th 2005, 9:55 am

Trailer is online: http://movies.apple.com/movies/fox/the_ ... e_m480.mov

Claire has only a short appearence. Looks like "Home for the Holidays II".

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Dec 4th 2005, 8:14 pm

I saw a commercial last night that said Sarah Jessica Parker and Claire Danes will be doing a promotional bit for The Family Stone on Nick at Nite next Sunday (December 11) at 10pm. It isn't listed at the Nick at Nite website, but I'll if I can find some more info!
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?