Claire Danes movies..

Discuss former or new projects of Claire Danes ("Angela Chase") in this forum.
fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Feb 12th 2003, 4:04 am

GaryEA wrote:Alyssa Milano's career always seems like it's going off the deep end. One minute she's in a indie pic like "Hugo Pool", trying to move away from her "Who's The Boss?" image, the next minute she's in a soft core vampire film.
There is nothing wrong with Embrace of the Vampire :roll:

Atleast it has one of the Krays in it... :D

sid_barrett
Let's Bolt Regular

Post by sid_barrett » Feb 24th 2003, 3:44 am

dTheater wrote:I guess Claire's school break gave her pause. Igby Goes Down and The Hours are the best career moves she's made since MSCL and the only 2 good movies she's made really all together.
100% agreed
"...and I said ' oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, what a feeling'"

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Feb 24th 2003, 3:51 am

sid_barrett wrote:
dTheater wrote:I guess Claire's school break gave her pause. Igby Goes Down and The Hours are the best career moves she's made since MSCL and the only 2 good movies she's made really all together.
100% agreed
I will agree with this partially. I just watched Igby on DVD last night, pretty decent film. I didn't particularly like her in it, I thought she looked awful and her acting was good but not great IMO, nothing too specific about it just...maybe i expected more.

I haven't seen the hours yet though, can't comment on that.

dTheater
Liberty High Graduate

Post by dTheater » Mar 3rd 2003, 1:52 am

fnordboy wrote:
sid_barrett wrote:
100% agreed
I will agree with this partially. I just watched Igby on DVD last night, pretty decent film. I didn't particularly like her in it, I thought she looked awful and her acting was good but not great IMO, nothing too specific about it just...maybe i expected more.

I haven't seen the hours yet though, can't comment on that.
Wow, I completely and totally disagree (I'm not sure if I'm quoting Rayanne or that has just become part of my vernacular). Regarding Igby Goes Down; I'm someone who never found Claire to have ever been a knock-out beauty, but in this film, I thought she was as close to it as she's ever been. Maybe it was the hair, but whatever it was, it worked. And I also felt her acting in it was her best since MSCL.

As for The Hours, her part in it isn't as big as I thought. It's still an excellent movie though.
- Jim

Kaytee Bodle: Girl With Guitar
http://girlwithguitar.0catch.com (audio, video, tabs, lyrics, etc.)

TomSpeed
Marshall Wannabe

Post by TomSpeed » Apr 17th 2003, 4:06 pm

I saw The Rainmaker last night. I really like Claire in this movie. Although I agree that almost any good young actress could play her role, Claire brings it. She is very believable as a young battered wife. She's also quite attractive. I wanted to protect her.

The film is directed by Francis Ford Coppola. It's a slowly paced movie, but worth the time. The DVD contains no special features, not even a trailer.
TomSpeed

Patty: If Rayanne's not seeing you, and we're not seeing you, who is seeing you?
Graham: And how much of you?
Angela: Dad!
Graham: Oh, I'm sorry! I asked a question about your life, didn't I? Woah, what came over me?
http://www.last.fm/user/TomSpeed/

TomSpeed
Marshall Wannabe

Post by TomSpeed » Apr 18th 2003, 12:12 am

I bought U-Turn for $9.99 at Best Buy. Claire's role in this movie is not very big. But she's funny. I was surprised how much I enjoyed the movie. It has received a lot of bad reviews. Maybe I'm just easy to please. :P

Let's see...I have Polish Wedding and I Love You, I Love You Not on order. They should arrive sometime after May 6, when the latter movie is released on DVD. I still have a few more of Claire's movies to go to complete my collection: Little Women, Les Miserables, Home for the Holidays, and The Hours. Of those four, I've only seen Home for the Holidays. Needless to say, my DVD collection has become a eclectic. I wonder if anyone will ask me why I have so many of Claire Danes's movies. Of course, I might only be asked why I have a copy of Little Women.
TomSpeed

Patty: If Rayanne's not seeing you, and we're not seeing you, who is seeing you?
Graham: Oh, I'm sorry! I asked a question about your life, didn't I? Woah, what came over me?

Kheldy
Tino

Post by Kheldy » Apr 21st 2003, 11:49 pm

You just have to dilute the collection ;) I was doing well until I finally got the MSCL box set - 5 DVD's just resaturated it ;) Har, my DivX collection is far easier to manage, *too many of these movies... guess I'll just queue up a few more random movies with decent imdb ratings* ;)

But then you could just try to explain the 'saturation' :P
-Dave

---
"mooo" - cow

TomSpeed
Marshall Wannabe

Post by TomSpeed » Apr 22nd 2003, 3:19 pm

This story could be about me in the future. It's been awhile since I had a one night stand, but you never know.

http://www.theonion.com/onion3915/dvd_collection.html
TomSpeed

TomSpeed
Marshall Wannabe

Post by TomSpeed » May 13th 2003, 4:55 pm

I just received two more of Claire's films: Polish Wedding and I Love, I Love You Not. I've only had a chance to see Polish Wedding. It definitely has an artsy, yet understated, feel. Claire plays a young woman embarking on her first sexual experiences. I think she does a very good job conveying sexuality without showing any skin. This character is very different from Angela. I don't want to give away the entire plot, but I can say that the movie is low-key funny and enjoyable. Like most of Claire's movies, expect maybe Igby Goes Down, Polish Wedding isn't a great movie, but Claire does a good job. She has long blonde hair in this movie. I'm more partial to crimson glow, but she still looks pretty good.
TomSpeed

TomSpeed
Marshall Wannabe

Post by TomSpeed » May 14th 2003, 12:15 pm

I really like I Love You, I Love You Not. The character Claire plays in this movie is very close to Angela in MSCL. The themes developed in the movie are very close to MSCL as well. One scene is very troubling. It involves an attempted suicide. And the ending is ambiguous. But all in all, I like the movie very much. I'd probably rate it among Claire's top three movies, which also include Igby and R+J.
TomSpeed

Nothingman
Liberty High Graduate

Post by Nothingman » May 23rd 2003, 1:59 pm

Last night I picked up Broken Down Palace at Walmart for $5.88 on DVD, and it's even widescreen. I guess they were on clearence or something. I haven't seen this movie since it first came out on video, but i do remember enjoying it. I've been moving and haven't watched it yet, I'm curious to see what i think of it now. I do remember thinking she was looking yummy in this movie. I'll post again after i digest it.
"To come to your senses, you must first go out of your mind." - Alan Watts

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » May 23rd 2003, 3:02 pm

nothingman wrote:I've been moving and haven't watched it yet, I'm curious to see what i think of it now. I do remember thinking she was looking yummy in this movie.
Incarcerated girls get me hot Image

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » May 23rd 2003, 4:48 pm

Prison movies rule!

:wink:
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

TomSpeed
Marshall Wannabe

Post by TomSpeed » May 23rd 2003, 5:33 pm

Claire looks yummy in Brokedown Palace, which is kind of odd because her character is in a Thai prison after all. The movie has some good moments, but the plot is thin. I liked it, but I would rate it below Igby, R+J, I Love You, I Love You Not, and maybe Gillian in terms of quality. But you don't need quality when you have Claire looking sexy in prison. :oops: Claire was banned from the Philippines, which was used as a stand-in for Thailand. for some negative comments she made about the third world living conditions she experienced while filming this movie.
Last edited by TomSpeed on Jul 14th 2003, 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TomSpeed

andrewgd
Liberty High Graduate

Post by andrewgd » May 23rd 2003, 5:56 pm

You know you've made it when a COUNTRY personally bans you from visiting.
"Your imagination, like a child, will explode with unrestrained possibilities for adventure."