The Official "Terminator 3" Discussion Thread

Discuss former or new projects of Claire Danes ("Angela Chase") in this forum.
Anakin
Let's Bolt Regular

Terminator 3

Post by Anakin » Aug 6th 2002, 10:29 pm

I guess some of you should already know Claire is going to star in Terminator 3. I believe Terminator 3 wll be a great movie and hope Claire would perform well. Anyone got news from Terminator 3, such as what will be Claire's role, please post in this thread. Thank you!

somamoon
Three Rivers Resident

good article

Post by somamoon » Aug 12th 2002, 8:07 pm

So-Called Loon
Angela's best friend

Re: Terminator 3

Post by So-Called Loon » Nov 1st 2002, 3:38 am

Anakin wrote:I guess some of you should already know Claire is going to star in Terminator 3. I believe Terminator 3 wll be a great movie and hope Claire would perform well. Anyone got news from Terminator 3, such as what will be Claire's role, please post in this thread. Thank you!
Can you believe it?! :D Claire in a major action film! And a female Terminator?! Could be very interesting. Loved the completely movie-unrelated teaser trailer. Was almost as cool as the T2 teaser.
Been a member since sometime BR (before Ross)

MadMichael
Overlooked Sibling

TY Guide article re T3

Post by MadMichael » Nov 25th 2002, 11:51 am

Claire Danes Rises to Occasion in T3
Monday, November 25, 2002

Clair Dane's so-called life got turned
upside down the day she
was cast in Terminator 3:
Rise of the Machines.
Three weeks into filming
last spring, producers
realized that
then-19-year-old Sophia
Bush (Van Wilder) was a
bit too young for the
role of veterinarian Kate
Miller. With no time to
spare, they sought Danes,
23, to replace her. "I
got the script literally
that night, read it and
had to evaluate it very
quickly," recalls the
actress, who decided to
"take the leap of faith" and join the big-budget sequel.
"It was very overwhelming and disorienting."

As the Yale coed quickly discovered, that was nothing
compared to her first day on the T3 set. "I'm doing this
scene at night with flames all around me," she recalls,
"and I'm on the ground when Arnold [Schwarzenegger
approaches] in his Terminator garb holding a machine
gun. He's looking down on me and I'm thinking, 'This is
not happening.' I was like, 'How do I react?'
Thankfully, my character was in a similar position. She
suddenly found herself in this alternative reality, as
did I. So, it didn't require too much imagination."

Danes can't say the same about the rest of the CGI-heavy
blockbuster, which hits theaters July 2, 2003. "I have
no idea what the movie will ultimately look like,
because I acted [opposite] a piece of yellow tape on a
matte box throughout 70 percent of the film," she
explains. "It was embarrassing, because I was making
some pretty extreme facial expressions and screaming at
the top of my lungs [while] acting to nothing."

That's quite a stretch for a performer used to sharing
the screen with Oscar winners like Susan Sarandon, Holly
Hunter and, most recently, Meryl Streep, who plays her
mother in The Hours (out Dec. 27). Speaking of which,
why is the Golden Globe winner (for the late, great My
So-Called Life) involving herself in such blatantly
escapist fare? Shouldn't she be off filming a remake of
Wuthering Heights or something?

"I really don't appreciate elitist attitudes about art,"
groans the upcoming star of Jodie Foster's circus-set
drama Flora Plum. "I don't identify with that. I don't
get it. I appreciate raw entertainment... [Besides], how
lucky am I to be able to experiment with different
styles of filmmaking and acting?" Not to mention cash a
pretty fat paycheck. -- Michael Ausiello
MadMichael -- '02 FXDXT
"I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I
am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

KrokRos
Angela's best friend

Post by KrokRos » Nov 25th 2002, 2:04 pm

Ofcourse the Terminatrix has to be "the bomb". It's so pathetic. Hope she does the part good enough to make the film worth to se. (Played by Kristanna Loken)
----------------
Make it count.

GaryEA
So-Called Addict

New "Terminator 3" Trailer Online

Post by GaryEA » Dec 20th 2002, 12:33 am

Hey folks,

The new Terminator 3 trailer is available here.

Claire is featured in a few quick shots, while most of the trailer is focused on Arnold, something exploding, Arnold, some cool shots of the skeletons marching, Arnold, something being torn apart, and the T-X (whoever that girl is, she's nowhere as cool as Robert Patrick). It's worth checking out. :D

And, just in case you weren't aware of it, the official site has cast and crew information, as well as photos and a desktop wallpaper for Claire's character Kate.

Enjoy!

Gary

NIGHTJESSI
Angelica

Re: New "Terminator 3" Trailer Online

Post by NIGHTJESSI » Dec 20th 2002, 10:36 am

Thanx for the info. I'm off to try and wait for the trailer to come up since my dial-up connection certainly makes watching media online quite a chore sometimes.

I saw brief flashes of Claire when Extra showed some behind-the-scenes from the T3 set. I love both of the Terminator films, so I hope the third installment is just as good despite James Cameron not really being involved in the franchise anymore. :(
"When you drink from the cup of life, chug." ~ Citibank billboard

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Dec 20th 2002, 12:23 pm

Well i actually saw the trailer for this yesterday online and I have to say this movie looks really bad.

Arnold looks way to old to be doing this, he just doesnt look like himself at all in the trailer.

Wow i think this means there will be a dvd coming out eventually that i wont buy :lol:

GaryEA
So-Called Addict

Post by GaryEA » Dec 20th 2002, 6:53 pm

This new trailer, after watching it for the third time, is pretty bad. What they could have done is try not to make this look like every bad action movie WB has put out in the last five years. Bad trailers can hurt films in a big way. I hope to see better stuff in the next one.

The T-X, from what I've read and seen in the trailer, is a rip-off of the girl from "Species" - blond, pouting, stalking, and can make her appendages do gruesome things. She can split her arm into a gun (?) and make light shine out of her eye (can't we all? :)), but the "holy smokes!" feeling I got when Robert Patrick melted just isn't there. Maybe I shouldn't compare this one to the previous films...

And in the middle of all of this is Claire, who took a leap of faith, perhaps because the walls around her always seem to be exploding in this film, and gave it a whirl. Kudos to her, and maybe Arnold for at least giving the ol' college try. Those are reasons enough to see it.

And fnordboy, who are you kidding? You'll buy it when it comes out. It'll be $11.99 at some store and you'll go impulse shopping.

Remember; DVDs are not a hobby, they're evil and require a twelve-step program to get out of. :lol:

Gary

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Dec 20th 2002, 7:55 pm

GaryEA wrote:And fnordboy, who are you kidding? You'll buy it when it comes out. It'll be $11.99 at some store and you'll go impulse shopping.
Damn you!

I know...but I would have to buy the first 2 since i still havent. Then I would buy the T3 one just because I am a completist when it comes to DVDs.

damn best buy and there great opening week sales! Hell I bought the Back to the Future set even though I know that the widescreen matting is all f^cked up, and that I will have to mail my discs in at the end of february for replacements.

GaryEA
So-Called Addict

Post by GaryEA » Dec 20th 2002, 8:29 pm

Damn you!
LOL... I knew that would get ya!
I know...but I would have to buy the first 2 since i still havent. Then I would buy the T3 one just because I am a completist when it comes to DVDs.
In an ideal world, I'd say wait and get the inevitable three pack, but I don't think WB has the rights to the first two films.

And yeah, I'm a completist too. My credit card reminds me every so often when I get the bill...
damn best buy and there great opening week sales! Hell I bought the Back to the Future set even though I know that the widescreen matting is all f^cked up, and that I will have to mail my discs in at the end of february for replacements.
I'm soooooooo glad I didn't get BTTF when it came out (I cancelled my preorder a month before). I'm just going to wait it out until Universal has the corrected versions in the stores.

Well, assuming that I'll be able to tell the difference. Hopefully they'll do something like ****Back to the Future**** on the sticker to denote that its a correct set.

Gary

p.s. Aw man, now I want to watch the first film! (smacks forehead :lol: )

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Dec 20th 2002, 10:24 pm

GaryEA wrote:I'm soooooooo glad I didn't get BTTF when it came out (I cancelled my preorder a month before). I'm just going to wait it out until Universal has the corrected versions in the stores.

Well, assuming that I'll be able to tell the difference. Hopefully they'll do something like ****Back to the Future**** on the sticker to denote that its a correct set.
Yeah I was thinking of doing that too, but couldnt wait..plus I am curious to see how bad it actually is matted.

To top the bad transfer I opened my set last ngiht finally and found the 2nd movie disc missing. I had to return it to best buy on my way home from work and exchange it. Unbelievable. I opened it at the store this time and everythign was there :)

I think Ross Rojek must have been involved in the BttF set too.... :twisted:

KrokRos
Angela's best friend

Post by KrokRos » Dec 21st 2002, 7:25 am

Don't you all know it'll be a box-set of t1-t2-t3 and we'll all buy it! :P

I don't think t3 will be good but I'll watch it becasue of Claire. I think the new John can't be right and the new terminator is just a joke. What to expect when the termiator is a girl. Big boobs and big guns. Well, someone'll probably like it. Not me though.
----------------
Make it count.

bdckr
Jody Barsh

Back to the Future

Post by bdckr » Dec 30th 2002, 5:24 pm

Sorry, slightly OT, but I was hoping someone could enlighten me as to the problem with the widescreen edition of Back to the Future. Thanks.

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Re: Back to the Future

Post by fnordboy » Dec 30th 2002, 6:13 pm

bdckr wrote:Sorry, slightly OT, but I was hoping someone could enlighten me as to the problem with the widescreen edition of Back to the Future. Thanks.
There is a thread now started in the OT forum: http://www.mscl.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1985

Though I don't know if the problem is actually stated there. Basically the matting on the widescreen release is oddly done. instead of getting a real widescreen release they are showing more on the sides but we are actually losing image off the top and bottom. That is a very simplified answer. I would say pop over to the other thread and make GaryEA explain it correctly :twisted: