Claire Danes was (and is?) quite a hottie!

Discuss former or new projects of Claire Danes ("Angela Chase") in this forum.
mglenn
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by mglenn » Jan 3rd 2003, 10:52 am

candygirl wrote:"I won't let go of the Debbie Gibson fad"
Hey now some of us older folks... (gawd what am I saying, I'm still 18, I'm still 18, I'm still 18, <quick swig from flask> ok I feel better now) Actually had a jones for Miss Gibson in her mall rocking days! :oops:

And then there was that Tiffany Chic... I think we're alone now... ok gotta go find my Mr. Big cassette now... and a cassette player come to think of it! :lol:
"When I disagree with a rational man, I let reality be our final arbiter; if I am right, he will learn; if I am wrong, I will; one of us will win, but both will profit." - Ayn Rand

GaryEA
So-Called Addict

Post by GaryEA » Jan 3rd 2003, 2:57 pm

Two things;

Bubba, that pic of Claire from Romeo + Juliet looks a lot like Anna Paquin. Maybe it's just me.

Two, leave Tiffany out of any comparison to that Gibson girl. :P

If there was any celeb that got my teen heart going, it was that red-headed, mall crooning, denim jacket wearing chickadee.

(And no, her recent "photo spread" didn't hurt either!)

:D

Gary

EDIT: This thread is making me feel really frickin' old...

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Jan 3rd 2003, 3:56 pm

GaryEA wrote:Two, leave Tiffany out of any comparison to that Gibson girl. :P

If there was any celeb that got my teen heart going, it was that red-headed, mall crooning, denim jacket wearing chickadee.

(And no, her recent "photo spread" didn't hurt either!)
Ditto on that! Debbie Gibson was horrendous, but <swoon> Tiffany...now she was a hottie.

(unfortunately I slacked and never saw the "photo spread" soon...soon....)

dTheater
Liberty High Graduate

Post by dTheater » Jan 3rd 2003, 6:17 pm

I, too, never thought much of Claire post-MSCL (as far as looks; forget her movies). In MSCL, she looked great (and I absolutely adored her in those cat-eye glasses in "Halloween"). Maybe it was the "crimson glow" hair, but she never looked so good when she had that short, yellowish-brown hair. However, I have to say; after seeing her in Igby Goes Down, I'm starting to re-evaluate my stance.
- Jim

Kaytee Bodle: Girl With Guitar
http://girlwithguitar.0catch.com (audio, video, tabs, lyrics, etc.)

andrewgd
Liberty High Graduate

Post by andrewgd » Jan 3rd 2003, 6:36 pm

dTheater wrote: Maybe it was the "crimson glow" hair, but she never looked so good when she had that short, yellowish-brown hair. However, I have to say; after seeing her in Igby Goes Down, I'm starting to re-evaluate my stance.
All of that is exactly how I feel. I think I got my love for red hair after MSCL. I'm so glad they chose to go with red and not platinum blonde. And she was pretty cute in Igby. I liked the curls.
"Your imagination, like a child, will explode with unrestrained possibilities for adventure."

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Jan 4th 2003, 12:02 am

mglenn wrote:Hey now some of us older folks... (gawd what am I saying, I'm still 18, I'm still 18, I'm still 18, <quick swig from flask> ok I feel better now) Actually had a jones for Miss Gibson in her mall rocking days! :oops:

And then there was that Tiffany Chic... I think we're alone now... ok gotta go find my Mr. Big cassette now... and a cassette player come to think of it! :lol:
Ahhh, the Debbie Gibson vs. Tiffany war! I liked them both :D

I met Tiffany when she released her new album - she was touring college campuses and she was very good natured about everyone wanting her to sing "I Think We're Alone Now" and running up to the stage to take pictures with her while she was singing. People kept asking for "Could've Been" but she said her band hadn't practiced it, so she sang it acapella. What a good sport.

And for the record, I'm the same age as you Mike - 18, 18, still 18!

I'm the one who wants to be with you,
CG
:wink:
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Jan 4th 2003, 12:03 am

P.S. I have to agree with the assessment of Claire with red hair - there's something about that Crimson Glow that makes her so appealing! The lighter her hair gets, the less attractive I find her. I'm so shallow. :oops:

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.

Bubba
Overlooked Sibling

Post by Bubba » Jan 4th 2003, 3:43 pm

The lighter her hair gets, the less attractive I find her.

There's no arguing personal preference, of course. There is something to be said for the theory that some people's appearances tend to favor one hair color or another. Very few people have fair enough skin to look good with red hair, for example.

But I think the case could be made that Claire Danes looks damn good with light hair:

Exhibit A: http://www.clairedanes.com/photos/mbp0597.jpg
Exhibit B: http://www.clairedanes.com/photos/cdhq1000c.jpg

(That second one scares me a bit. As I mentioned before, my girlfriend has similarly beautful eyes - but they're almost like marbles, green eyes with a ring of gray and streaks of brown. And the closer I look at Claire's eyes here.... Whoa.)
Truth. Beauty. Freedom. And above all things... Love.

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Jan 5th 2003, 6:10 pm

Actually, that second picture freaks me out too, mostly because she looks way too thin!

(And I think that her hair isn't THAT light in either of those pictures - you can still see dark roots in the second picture, and the first picture her hair is sort of dark. I just don't like her with really light blonde hair - combined with her pale complexion, the combination makes her look really washed out IMHO.)

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Jan 5th 2003, 6:12 pm

candygirl wrote:Actually, that second picture freaks me out too, mostly because she looks way too thin!
That is actually my problem with that pic too. The first one looks good, except her eyes look a little too red, like she just smoked a fatty.
Last edited by fnordboy on Jan 5th 2003, 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Jan 5th 2003, 6:13 pm

fnordboy wrote:her eyes look a little too read, like she just smoked a fatty.
:lol:

Ha ha! Well, you never know what they do to get people relaxed during photo shoots.

:shock:

So-Called Loon
Angela's best friend

Post by So-Called Loon » Jan 7th 2003, 7:21 am

Bubba wrote:There is something to be said for the theory that some people's appearances tend to favor one hair color or another. Very few people have fair enough skin to look good with red hair, for example.
Loon likes redheads in any form. But it's true with some people with some colors and some styles.
But I think the case could be made that Claire Danes looks damn good with light hair:

Exhibit A: http://www.clairedanes.com/photos/mbp0597.jpg
Exhibit B: http://www.clairedanes.com/photos/cdhq1000c.jpg

(That second one scares me a bit. As I mentioned before, my girlfriend has similarly beautful eyes - but they're almost like marbles, green eyes with a ring of gray and streaks of brown. And the closer I look at Claire's eyes here.... Whoa.)
Yeow! That second picture makes her look amazing! But then i think she started well, and only gets prettier with time. Image

I like lanky.
Been a member since sometime BR (before Ross)

TomSpeed
Marshall Wannabe

Post by TomSpeed » Jan 14th 2003, 10:35 pm

Claire was and still is a hottie. Her good looks are rather quiet -- like the girl next door. She reminds me very much of a girl I knew in elem. school, lost touch with, and reconnected with in high school. She definitely grew up, but I could still see the girl I knew in her. Unfortunately, I was a Brian clone throughout my school years, so I lost her to someone else.
TomSpeed

Patty: If Rayanne's not seeing you, and we're not seeing you, who is seeing you?
Graham: And how much of you?
Angela: Dad!
Graham: Oh, I'm sorry! I asked a question about your life, didn't I? Woah, what came over me?
http://www.last.fm/user/TomSpeed/

opus
Frozen Embryo

Post by opus » Mar 3rd 2003, 7:44 am

Still think Claire Danes is a hottie?

Sorry, this is the actual picture... :lol:

TomSpeed
Marshall Wannabe

Post by TomSpeed » Mar 3rd 2003, 10:51 am

That first picture is scary! The second picture make my heart go thump-thump.
TomSpeed

Patty: If Rayanne's not seeing you, and we're not seeing you, who is seeing you?
Graham: And how much of you?
Angela: Dad!
Graham: Oh, I'm sorry! I asked a question about your life, didn't I? Woah, what came over me?
http://www.last.fm/user/TomSpeed/