Claire Danes in "Shopgirl"

Discuss former or new projects of Claire Danes ("Angela Chase") in this forum.
TooCool4Skool
Liberty High Student

Post by TooCool4Skool » Jan 11th 2005, 5:55 pm

It's interesting to see Claire with red hair again- that is exactly how I would see Angela looking in the future. Claire doesn't look 24/25 AT ALL! she looks more "mature"
Moltar- Well hey, Thom asked me if he could see my knife, and Thom's doing a song about knife, and he wanted to see what one looked like. Isn't that right Thom? (Pulls out knife again)
Space Goast- (Turns to Thom Yorke) Is that right?
Thom- ...No.
Space Goast- Cuz it sounds like a good idea... so do it.

-Space Goast With Thom Yorke

Nothingman
Liberty High Graduate

Post by Nothingman » Jan 11th 2005, 7:50 pm

It's funny that I recognize some of her posture in those pictures. I guess I've just seen the show so many times that you just get used to her mannarisms. Interesting how those never change and they seem so familiar.
"To come to your senses, you must first go out of your mind." - Alan Watts

TomSpeed
Marshall Wannabe

Post by TomSpeed » Jan 11th 2005, 9:54 pm

I always imagine that Angela would keep her hair red, too. I'm not really sure why though. Maybe I'm just used to the red, I mean the Crimson Glow, hair.
TomSpeed

Patty: If Rayanne's not seeing you, and we're not seeing you, who is seeing you?
Graham: And how much of you?
Angela: Dad!
Graham: Oh, I'm sorry! I asked a question about your life, didn't I? Woah, what came over me?
http://www.last.fm/user/TomSpeed/

SanDeE*
So-Called Addict

Post by SanDeE* » Jan 11th 2005, 10:21 pm

You know, not to destroy romantic notions or anything, but I think Angela would have stopped dying her hair at some point, probably in college. Maybe that's only because I stopped dying my hair after a while. It just became such a hassle! And it cost a lot of money too - I don't know how I'd be able to afford that in college. By the end of the series, her hair wasn't even really RED anymore. It kind of turned a little brownish. Maybe that's just the dvds, but I was disappointed about that when I got them and re-watched them for the first time.
Um, in my room, one seam is a little off and I stare at it constantly. It's, like, destroying me.

~~Kristin~~

TomSpeed
Marshall Wannabe

Post by TomSpeed » Jan 11th 2005, 10:35 pm

Kristin wrote:You know, not to destroy romantic notions or anything, but I think Angela would have stopped dying her hair at some point, probably in college. Maybe that's only because I stopped dying my hair after a while. It just became such a hassle! And it cost a lot of money too - I don't know how I'd be able to afford that in college. By the end of the series, her hair wasn't even really RED anymore. It kind of turned a little brownish. Maybe that's just the dvds, but I was disappointed about that when I got them and re-watched them for the first time.
You are probably right. It probably would be a hassle to keep it dyed. Anyway, she has red hair when she's all grownup in my dreams. Claire looks good with red hair. Of course, her blondish-brownish hair isn't bad either. :oops:
TomSpeed

Patty: If Rayanne's not seeing you, and we're not seeing you, who is seeing you?
Graham: And how much of you?
Angela: Dad!
Graham: Oh, I'm sorry! I asked a question about your life, didn't I? Woah, what came over me?
http://www.last.fm/user/TomSpeed/

whitespy12
Three Rivers Resident

Re: Claire Danes goes shopping

Post by whitespy12 » Jan 11th 2005, 10:38 pm

Chase Cat wrote:Sadly, Maura's Claire Page is gone. But maybe I can help out. Do you mean those? Apparently the photos were taken while filming.
Thank you so much Chase Cat, those are exactly what I was looking for!
"I'm hungry, I want eggs" - Claire Danes' impression of Arnold Schwarzenegger, Late Night with Conan O'Brien (January 22, 2003)

SanDeE*
So-Called Addict

Post by SanDeE* » Apr 18th 2005, 12:21 pm

According to "Steve's random message" at stevemartin.com, Shopgirl will be opening in theatres on October 23rd.
Um, in my room, one seam is a little off and I stare at it constantly. It's, like, destroying me.

~~Kristin~~

whitespy12
Three Rivers Resident

Post by whitespy12 » Apr 19th 2005, 6:51 pm

According to the official Touchstone Pictures website, the film will be released on October 21. I guess we'll have to wait and see which date is right. Also, I've heard that there is a trailer for Shopgirl currently playing in movie theaters, but I can't find it online anywhere.
"I'm hungry, I want eggs" - Claire Danes' impression of Arnold Schwarzenegger, Late Night with Conan O'Brien (January 22, 2003)

SanDeE*
So-Called Addict

Post by SanDeE* » Apr 20th 2005, 12:39 am

whitespy, you are probably right that it's the 21st. That's a Friday. I just thought I'd post what was on Steve Martin's website, it's the first I'd heard of Shopgirl in a while. Can't wait to see it!

~~Kristin~~

whitespy12
Three Rivers Resident

Post by whitespy12 » Apr 29th 2005, 3:42 pm

If anyone is interested in seeing the movie poster for Shopgirl, you can find it here:

http://www.latinoreview.com/films_2005/ ... oster.html

SanDeE*
So-Called Addict

Post by SanDeE* » Apr 29th 2005, 6:08 pm

Steve Martin is so hot. :wink:

~~Kristin~~

Sascha
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Sascha » Jul 8th 2005, 4:45 am

Trailer is online: http://www.ifilm.com/ifilmdetail/2675243?htv=12

The official website for the movie will be: http://www.shopgirlmovie.com (not online yet).

whitespy12
Three Rivers Resident

Post by whitespy12 » Jul 11th 2005, 12:33 am

I've been excited about this film for some time now, but this trailer has heightened that excitement. This film looks excellent.

Sascha
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Sascha » Jul 25th 2005, 1:56 pm

emmie
Liberty High Graduate

Post by emmie » Jul 25th 2005, 4:48 pm

thanks for posting that link Sascha. that's the first I've seen of the movie and it's totally convinced me to want to see it. actually, it makes me want to read the book.