Dune

Discuss your favorite books, stories and other literary matters here. Recommend reading material to other forum users. What's on your bookshelf?
lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Dune

Post by lance » Oct 28th 2003, 1:50 pm

Hello all,

I just wanted to start a discussion thread for the any of the Dune books by Frank Herbert, Brian Herbert & Kevin Anderson.

Has anyone read the House trilogy? Any thoughts?

Has anyone had a chance to read Butlerian Jihad or the Machine Crusade?

I loved the House trilogy. I was not so hot on the Butlerian Jihad. I haven't been impressed by the thinking machines so far. Machine Crusade I thought was a much better book than Jihad. More political intrigue and I thought, better written.

LanceMan

mglenn
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by mglenn » Dec 11th 2003, 10:02 am

I've read the orginal but never read any of the rest. I did enjoy the first book but from what I've heard the rest start to take off on some hard to follow lines at times.

I guess I'm scared that it will be like trying to read Tolkin, sure the main story is great, but I just can't stand those damn Hobbits singing all the time! :D
"When I disagree with a rational man, I let reality be our final arbiter; if I am right, he will learn; if I am wrong, I will; one of us will win, but both will profit." - Ayn Rand