Prose From A Grandson To A Senior Fellow

Discuss your favorite books, stories and other literary matters here. Recommend reading material to other forum users. What's on your bookshelf?
Derek

Prose From A Grandson To A Senior Fellow

Post by Derek » Oct 26th 2003, 4:36 am

Since 1997, my beloved grandfather or "papa" has valaintly fought lung cancer. That is, until he sucumbed to it on May 3rd, 2003.
He was for me a source of unending inspiration, showing me that cerebral palsy, with which I am aflicted, should not mark a reason for a person to give up on life. And he loved my writing.
Last Thanksgiving, I decided to try my hand at poetry. I wrote my book, dedicated it to him, and self-published it.
It came out on March 31st. My grandfather died a little more than a month later. Mine was the final book he ever read.
I have been told of my book's power by those who have read it. I want for it to be a positve force in this world, just as my geandfather was.
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/de ... e&n=507846
There is a link to my book. Please take a look if you enjoy reading!
Your friend,
Derek

Megs
Lifehead

Post by Megs » Oct 26th 2003, 6:20 pm

I will definitely look into it. What a wonderful way to pay homage to someone who has meant so much to you.
"I have all these dreams where I know exactly what to say. And you tell me, you know, that you forgive me."