Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman

Discuss your favorite books, stories and other literary matters here. Recommend reading material to other forum users. What's on your bookshelf?
mglenn
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman

Post by mglenn » Jul 7th 2003, 10:56 am

Ok I just started this one last night and I figured Gary would approve. I've only read 100 pages or so, so no spoiling it for me... I'll let you know my thoughts on it when I'm done.
"When I disagree with a rational man, I let reality be our final arbiter; if I am right, he will learn; if I am wrong, I will; one of us will win, but both will profit." - Ayn Rand

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Jul 7th 2003, 11:35 am

Good book, not as good as Good Omens, but good nonetheless. After Neverwhere, if you enjoy it, you should check out American Gods by Gaiman, also a very good read IMO.

The DVD of Neverwhere comes out very soon too :D

GaryEA
So-Called Addict

Post by GaryEA » Sep 20th 2003, 4:09 pm

Took me long enough to find this, eh? :wink:

Neverwhere is a really good book IMO. I've only read the UK edition (the US was changed to make it easier for American readers to follow it), and it was delightful. Gaiman's mythologies have always fascinated me, and this one may come second in my mind (sandman being the first).

mglenn, did you finish it? What did you think of it?

Gary

mglenn
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by mglenn » Sep 22nd 2003, 9:26 am

I'm over 3/4 through it... but I haven't picked it up in a while. Not for lack of enjoying it though. Just lack of time and I've also did the cardnal sin of a book reader and bough another book. So currently I am also in the middle of Liar's Poker. Which is a autobiography about a bond trader on wall street in the 80's. Very good so far.

I'm going to a shooting match in Oct. and I'll be there for 5 days, so I'll most likely finish it there. The new tv season is also starting to dig into my reading time....
"When I disagree with a rational man, I let reality be our final arbiter; if I am right, he will learn; if I am wrong, I will; one of us will win, but both will profit." - Ayn Rand