Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Discuss your favorite books, stories and other literary matters here. Recommend reading material to other forum users. What's on your bookshelf?
mglenn
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Post by mglenn » Jun 19th 2003, 4:31 pm

Ender Wiggins is only 5 years old and while most children his age are starting kindergarden he's starting military training. In an epic tail of space combat and growing up Card takes us into a world where children are trained to fight the greatest threat the earth has ever encountered, an alien invasion. The story follows Ender as he deals with not only growing up but the fact that he has been both figurativly and literally singled out as the best of the best. Excellent character development you really feel as if you are right there with Ender, with the weight of the world weighing on his shoulders.
"When I disagree with a rational man, I let reality be our final arbiter; if I am right, he will learn; if I am wrong, I will; one of us will win, but both will profit." - Ayn Rand

SpaceCadet
Tino

Post by SpaceCadet » Mar 20th 2007, 4:29 pm

Hello,

I love Ender's game! I have also read Speaker for the Dead and Ender's Shadow. I own Xenocide and Shadow of the Hegemon but i have not got to them yet. I really enjoyed Enders game and Shadow a lot more than Speaker, but it was still very good. It really is a good book. It is much more than a Sci-Fi book.