The Mothman Prophecies by John Keel

Discuss your favorite books, stories and other literary matters here. Recommend reading material to other forum users. What's on your bookshelf?
mglenn
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

The Mothman Prophecies by John Keel

Post by mglenn » Jun 19th 2003, 3:41 pm

I read this book in 48 hours from cover to cover. A little disjoined in timeline as John likes to skip around, but for the most part it flows together well if you can deal with the sudden tangents of thought. The book starts off great by throwing a situation at you from one point of view then showing you another point of view and how things look completely different. A good device for a book that raises alot of questions and doesn't give you solid answers, if any answers at all.

A true story on the strange events that occured around Point Pleasant West Virginia that cumulated in the collapes of a local bridge on Christmas Eve in the late 60's.

If you enjoy the investigation of strange phenomenon, Men in Black, strange lights, mysterious creatures and sudden uneasy feelings. You'll like this book. I'll admit that reading this book at night alone in the house did tend to freak me out.
"When I disagree with a rational man, I let reality be our final arbiter; if I am right, he will learn; if I am wrong, I will; one of us will win, but both will profit." - Ayn Rand