Most Liberal...Most Conservative Cities in the US

Political Discussion: You've been warned! Please remember we are all friends here. Insults will not be tolerated!
lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Most Liberal...Most Conservative Cities in the US

Post by lance » Aug 12th 2005, 10:37 pm

Hey all,

A bit of a fun thread. Study was released today listing the most politically liberal cities in the US and conversely the most conservative cities. Apparently this was based on voting patterns.

See:

http://www.votingresearch.org/

See if your city ranks.

Speaking of ranking. Cincinnati is the 56th most liberal city in the country? Race riots and police officers with unlimited power and only 56th?

:shock:

I am shocked and appalled really. Would have thought closer to 237 easy.

On the other hand the County of Santa Cruz (which is not a city I realize) went 97% for Kerry. No listing for Santa Cruz.

Here is some amusing local reaction to this list:

(From the Houston Chronicle)

"Dallas more liberal than Austin? That's weird."

http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory.mp ... an/3307914

and from Seattle Post Intelligencer

"Where have all the Lefties gone?"

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/local/236 ... ral12.html

So what do you think? Where they accurate for your city?

-LanceMan

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Aug 14th 2005, 8:38 pm

I saw this in the paper last week and thought it was quite interesting!
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

emmie
Liberty High Graduate

Post by emmie » Aug 14th 2005, 9:28 pm

Birmingham Alabama #19 liberal? that's just absolutely crazy. obviously there was a typo or something. seriously, just blows my mind.

stburr91
Liberty High Student

Post by stburr91 » Aug 20th 2006, 11:19 am

Pittsburgh is 34. There haven't been a Republican mayor in Pittsburgh in over 70 years. We don't even have elections here anymore, the Democrats, just decide who is going to get what office. No wonder the city is running itself into the ground.

I have to say, I'm not a Republican, but the people of Pittsburgh, refuse to elect a Republican, so there is no challenge for the Democrats. Because of that, nobody is fixing the serious problems in Pittsburgh. It's hard to watch the area you live in, circling the drain. It's all the voter's fault.

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by lance » Sep 13th 2006, 9:21 pm

stburr91 wrote:Pittsburgh is 34. There haven't been a Republican mayor in Pittsburgh in over 70 years. We don't even have elections here anymore, the Democrats, just decide who is going to get what office. No wonder the city is running itself into the ground.

I have to say, I'm not a Republican, but the people of Pittsburgh, refuse to elect a Republican, so there is no challenge for the Democrats. Because of that, nobody is fixing the serious problems in Pittsburgh. It's hard to watch the area you live in, circling the drain. It's all the voter's fault.
I came from the opposite situation so I can sympathize with what you are going through. Since 1990 Democrats in Ohio have been unable to get elected at the state level or at the Federal Level in the Senate or in the 1st Congressional District. There are rumours that this year will be different, we will see. One party rule, forever in one place doesn't really lend itself well to change.

-LanceMan