Fahrenheit 9/11 Trailer

Political Discussion: You've been warned! Please remember we are all friends here. Insults will not be tolerated!
andrewgd
Liberty High Graduate

Fahrenheit 9/11 Trailer

Post by andrewgd » Jun 2nd 2004, 5:55 pm

Trailer

Its been a while since I posted around here. This is definitely good reason.

There's just been so many lies, and shameful stories about where our leadership has been taking us, speaches that contain such lines as "no more torture chambers in Iraq" right next to comments about Abu Graib.

Its to the point of rediculousness. They're even twisting the truth about how much they twist the truth in campaign ads. Rediculous.

But...I am slightly cheerful, knowing that if this keeps up, there is NO WAY he will be reelected. And then he and all his neocons can just stew in it while Kerry fixes the shithole Bush has thrown us into.

36% favorablility. only around 45% job approval, with 50% dissapproval.

This is a worried man, on his way out.
"Your imagination, like a child, will explode with unrestrained possibilities for adventure."

K-man
Liberty High Graduate

Post by K-man » Jun 2nd 2004, 6:14 pm

Can't wait to see this film. Thanks for the link.
Daddy sold the farm and they've killed my trees. K-man

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Jun 2nd 2004, 10:46 pm

ditto, can't wait.

Thanks for the linkie.

grim4746
Krakow

Michael Moore

Post by grim4746 » Jun 8th 2004, 8:29 am

I'd say that overall I like Michael Moore but I do have some problems with him. His subject matter is intersting and likely wouldn't get the same attention without his efforts however his style is sometimes so obnoxious I have to take a break while watching or reading his work. I'm also suspicious of some of his information which casts a shadow of suspicion on all of his information. Someone on here, I believe it was mglenn said that Moore was a known liar. While this doesn't exactly surprise me I'm not in the know about Moore's lies. If anyone knows, I'd like to hear what lies he's been caught in.

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Re: Michael Moore

Post by fnordboy » Jun 8th 2004, 10:02 am

grim4746 wrote: If anyone knows, I'd like to hear what lies he's been caught in.
I don't remember specifics but if you do a search on google you can find sites that refute things that Moore said in Bowling for COlumbine. Of course, I think there are sites that refute the refuting sites though too :P .

Jody Barsch*
Lifehead

Post by Jody Barsch* » Jun 8th 2004, 6:39 pm

grim4746 wrote:I'd say that overall I like Michael Moore but I do have some problems with him. ... I'm ... suspicious of some of his information which casts a shadow of suspicion on all of his information.
I feel that too. I love him, but take him with a grain of salt. One thing I remember people saying that he had lied about in Bowling for Columbine, (and it's just a little thing) is the part about the bank giving out free guns; I remember reading that that had been staged. But there are probably better examples.
(I love in Roger and Me when he interviews the girl running for Miss America and she just flat out won't acknowledge what is happening around them.)
Sometimes I write a little MSCL fanfiction: https://www.fanfiction.net/u/1039807/Jody-Barsch
Also, after multiple V. Mars reiterations, and finally a Deadwood movie, still wishing for some continuation of The Riches !

kappster
Three Rivers Resident

Post by kappster » Jun 10th 2004, 12:00 am

I can't wait to see this. I can't stand Bush's smarmy arrogant face. I don't even care if Micheal Moore did fabricate a lot of the 'facts'....he certainly didn't fake the footage of Bush himself.

kappster
Three Rivers Resident

Post by kappster » Jun 10th 2004, 12:01 am

edited because I accidently submitted twice. Sorry.

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by lance » Jun 14th 2004, 6:06 pm

fnordboy wrote:ditto, can't wait.

Thanks for the linkie.
Much thanks for the link. I am looking forward to seeing what Moore has come up with. I think part of the appeal for me is his attempt to summarize the events of the past couple of years.

-LanceMan

YvBaBy
Jody Barsh

Post by YvBaBy » Nov 3rd 2004, 11:38 am

i don't like bush, i like moore in some ways and fahrenheit 9/11 is quite good but it isn't a documentary or something it is more propaganda
ImageImage

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by lance » Nov 3rd 2004, 4:12 pm

grim4746 wrote:I'd say that overall I like Michael Moore but I do have some problems with him. His subject matter is intersting and likely wouldn't get the same attention without his efforts however his style is sometimes so obnoxious I have to take a break while watching or reading his work. I'm also suspicious of some of his information which casts a shadow of suspicion on all of his information. Someone on here, I believe it was mglenn said that Moore was a known liar. While this doesn't exactly surprise me I'm not in the know about Moore's lies. If anyone knows, I'd like to hear what lies he's been caught in.
He had problems with Columbine but he has a line by line fact check on F-9-11 on his website. Check it out.

-LanceMan