GO VOTE! (10/04/03)

Political Discussion: You've been warned! Please remember we are all friends here. Insults will not be tolerated!
andrewgd
Liberty High Graduate

GO VOTE! (10/04/03)

Post by andrewgd » Nov 4th 2003, 2:18 pm

If you're elligible, you should cast your vote and do your part in government. And those that haven't registered yet, silly you! You know, you can't complain if you don't vote, right? ;)
"Your imagination, like a child, will explode with unrestrained possibilities for adventure."

guitarchick
Overlooked Sibling

voting

Post by guitarchick » Nov 18th 2003, 8:52 pm

I'm not sure if any of you can help with with this but I have a question about voting... I'm a dual citizen (Canadian & American) but I've never lived in America. However, due to the fact that I want to help kick Bush's ass out of congress, I'm trying to figure out how to register to vote. I will probably be going to school in Boston next year so that should give me voting rights... right? when is the deadline to register? does anyone know where I might get information on this?

Thanks,
Emilie

andrewgd
Liberty High Graduate

Re: voting

Post by andrewgd » Nov 18th 2003, 10:24 pm

guitarchick wrote:I will probably be going to school in Boston next year so that should give me voting rights... right?
I'd assume that if you have dual citizenship, then you have the right to vote, but I'm not positive. Usually you need to register to vote at least 14 days before an election, possibly a month.

You should figure out what town hall would cover the area where you will be living in, and call them up and ask. Unless they're totally lazy, they should be happy to help out someone who's registering to vote.

Ah, here's a bunch of info that I think will help:

http://www.bostonvote.org/info/registertovote/
"Your imagination, like a child, will explode with unrestrained possibilities for adventure."