GHOST IMAGE

If you want to share some events in your life or thoughts about life in general with other MSCL fans or if you just want post a rant to let some steam off - this is the place.
Forum Newbies: Please introduce yourself here!
Jack
Yearbook Team

GHOST IMAGE

Post by Jack » Nov 26th 2009, 1:39 pm

(I put this in the forum titled "Everything Else" put I should've put it here so I'm reposting it. Sorry for the redundant post.)

Hi everyone!

Most of you will not remember me. I was a regular poster way, way back in the late '90's and it looks like most of us have somewhat moved on. It was a great time and I got to know so many of you.

Those of you who were around then might remember that I was pursuing a career as a screenwriter and film director. I had an award-winning short film at the time which got some airplay on PBS affiliates throughout the nation as well as public access stations. I even mailed a VHS copy (remember those!) out to several regular posters back in those days.

Well, in time I drifted away.

Today, on Thanksgiving '09, I was feeling nostalgic and came to the site to see if it still existed and how it's changed, etc. Glad to see it is and thought I'd give an update on my life for those of you who might be interested.

In the years since I was a regular poster, I've continued to pursue filmmaking with some degree of success. I co-wrote and directed a feature film titled "Ghost Image" in the Summer of 2006. It's a supernatural thriller shot in 35mm and stars Elisabeth Rohm (Law and Order, Angel, Miss Congeniality 2), Stacey Dash (Clueless), Waylon Payne (played Jerry Lee Lewis in the Oscar-winning Walk The Line), Roma Maffia (Nip/Tuck, Disclosure, Holes), and Matthew Del Negro (The Sopranos, The West Wing).

"Ghost Image" has been airing on the Showtime Network and The Movie Channel since last December, averaging 8 screenings a month. As a matter of fact, it'll been on Showtime Beyond tomorrow morning.

We sold the foreign cable rights to 20th Century Fox and it's making it's way around the world. For you German fans, it premiered on German television (through a company called Sky Cinema) this past August 21st. I'm sure it'll be on again so you might want to keep an eye out for it. For you Australian fans, it premiered on Showtime Australia on October 16th and is getting quite a bit of airplay.

For those in the states without the premium cable channels, it was released on DVD this past August 25th (coincidentally, the same day MSCL premiered back in '94, and the exact same day that Thirtysomething was released on DVD. Hmmm... I sortof believe there's no such thing as a coincidence so what should I make of that.) It's available in 90% of the Blockbuster Video's in the nation, select Hollywood Videos, Family Video, Movie Gallery, etc. It should still be in the New Release section. If not, just ask for it.

It's also on Netflix and most on-line retailers like Amazon.

I'm scheduled to go into production on another feature this coming Summer if all goes well. And one day I would like to work with some of the MSCL cast. Wish me luck!

It was fun dropping by and taking a stroll through the site; it brought back memories. Thank you all for keeping MSCL alive.

A life-long MSCL fan!
Jack Snyder