blatant bragging

If you want to share some events in your life or thoughts about life in general with other MSCL fans or if you just want post a rant to let some steam off - this is the place.
Forum Newbies: Please introduce yourself here!
emmie
Liberty High Graduate

blatant bragging

Post by emmie » Jun 2nd 2006, 2:48 pm

this week marks the end of my film student career. and as soon as I finish writing my thesis paper, I'll get my MFA. whoot!

also this week, we had our big shows, where all the kids screen their senior and thesis films. and last night we had an awards show. I actually teamed up with 9 other students and made one large project, instead of doing one on my own. and because of this, we ended up receiving 7 awards: best experimental film, best director, best cinematographer (that's me!), best original score, best sound design, best visual effects, and best editor. I knew that we would win a few awards, but that's just ridiculous! but on the other hand, we've worked together on several films, so we have a good groove and communication going on. I was so convinced, though, that I wouldn't win best cinematography for some political reasons, that I actually told my mom she didn't have to come to the awards ceremony. she did though, because that's how moms are. so yeah, it's been an amazing few days, a great note to leave school on.

and if we ever put it up on the net, I'll be sure to link to it.

oh yeah, and go girl power!! (there aren't many female cinematographers out there) ha ha.

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Jun 2nd 2006, 4:12 pm

That's awesome, emmie! Congratulations on the awards and finishing your program!

:clap:
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

SanDeE*
So-Called Addict

Post by SanDeE* » Jun 5th 2006, 11:25 am

Congrats!
Um, in my room, one seam is a little off and I stare at it constantly. It's, like, destroying me.

~~Kristin~~

TomSpeed
Marshall Wannabe

Post by TomSpeed » Jun 7th 2006, 7:36 pm

Way to go, Emmie!
TomSpeed

Patty: If Rayanne's not seeing you, and we're not seeing you, who is seeing you?
Graham: And how much of you?
Angela: Dad!
Graham: Oh, I'm sorry! I asked a question about your life, didn't I? Woah, what came over me?
http://www.last.fm/user/TomSpeed/

SanDeE*
So-Called Addict

Post by SanDeE* » Jun 7th 2006, 8:24 pm

While we're at it....

I passed all the sections of the grad entrance exam here at my school! That means I can finish all my coursework in two more semesters!

Also ---- I got engaged last weekend!!!!!!!! :D :D :D
Um, in my room, one seam is a little off and I stare at it constantly. It's, like, destroying me.

~~Kristin~~

Jody Barsch*
Lifehead

Post by Jody Barsch* » Jun 7th 2006, 8:56 pm

Wow! Great news ladies! Emmie, I was guessing that your program was ending this year, and was thinking good thoughts for you the other day when I was hanging with a friend of mine who is leaving the film industry. Best cinematographer! What an accomplishment!

Kristen, congrats on the exams! And definitely congratualtions on the engagement. That's very exciting!
Sometimes I write a little MSCL fanfiction: https://www.fanfiction.net/u/1039807/Jody-Barsch
Also, after multiple V. Mars reiterations, and finally a Deadwood movie, still wishing for some continuation of The Riches !

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Jun 8th 2006, 4:11 am

Wow, congratulations, Kristen! Those are two huge milestones!

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.

emmie
Liberty High Graduate

Post by emmie » Jun 11th 2006, 12:54 am

*girly squeal* that's so exciting Kristin!!

starbug
Lifehead

Post by starbug » Jun 12th 2006, 10:43 am

Wow!

:D :D :D

Congratulations to Emmie and to Kristin! That's really great. 8) 8)

---------------------------------------------
http://www.urban-hills.blogspot.com
---------------------------------------------

SanDeE*
So-Called Addict

Post by SanDeE* » Jun 12th 2006, 1:58 pm

Thank you everybody. I was just visiting my FIANCE over the weekend and we went looking at engagement rings!

~~Kristin~~

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by lance » Jun 12th 2006, 2:53 pm

:D

Congrats to Kirsten, Emmie and SanDe.

Wow. I was just thinking to myself gee, I could use some good news right about now.

Continued success, :go:

LanceMan

emmie
Liberty High Graduate

Post by emmie » Nov 5th 2006, 8:43 pm

timing it everything

I've been feeling down lately because my career has stalled indefinitely. and while seeing celebrities at my restaurant is fun and all, I'm still waiting tables. which was the same thing I was doing at 16.

this past week my thesis film was at a film festival. my partners went and didn't miss an opportunity to call me at 4am to say how much fun they were having. but then last night they called to tell me that our film won 3 awards: best student film, best short from HBO, and I won best cinematographer and a camera grant. the good news couldn't have come at a better time.

so hopefully it won't be too long before I'm on set again.

SanDeE*
So-Called Addict

Post by SanDeE* » Nov 5th 2006, 11:27 pm

That's awesome, emmie! What an honor!

~~Kristin~~

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Nov 7th 2006, 6:21 pm

Yay! Congratulations, emmie!

Jody Barsch*
Lifehead

Post by Jody Barsch* » Nov 16th 2006, 1:20 am

Congratualtions Emmie! That's so exciting!!! I'll think good thoughts for you!
Sometimes I write a little MSCL fanfiction: https://www.fanfiction.net/u/1039807/Jody-Barsch
Also, after multiple V. Mars reiterations, and finally a Deadwood movie, still wishing for some continuation of The Riches !