Summer Travel

If you want to share some events in your life or thoughts about life in general with other MSCL fans or if you just want post a rant to let some steam off - this is the place.
Forum Newbies: Please introduce yourself here!
Jody Barsch*
Lifehead

Re: Summer Travel

Post by Jody Barsch* » Apr 2nd 2012, 12:49 pm

Sorry to hear about the funeral Natasha.
I haven't been to DC for about ten years, so I'm sure others have more current input, but here's what I have. There's an awesome independent bookstore / cafe that's open to 1:00 am, and 24 hours on the weekends called KramerBooks on Dupont CIrcle -- thousands of books, food, music, etc. Near there is a fantastic sushi restaurant Raku. You'll probably have a car while you're there if you're going to Virginia too, but I thought the public transportation was really easy to use. All of the memorials are really powerful, but I'm partial to the FDR one (maybe because it has water). The Smithsonian is worth it. The National Holocaust Museum is excellent. I had limited time in the National Gallery, and I'm still bummed I never made it to the Library of Congress. (While my sister and I had an amazing day at Colonial Williamsburg, the place itself was kind of disappointing, strange, and largely missable) Hope you enjoy your trip.
Sometimes I write a little MSCL fanfiction: https://www.fanfiction.net/u/1039807/Jody-Barsch
Also, after multiple V. Mars reiterations, and finally a Deadwood movie, still wishing for some continuation of The Riches !

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Apr 4th 2012, 7:35 am

We're not renting a car while we're there since the public transportation is supposed to be good. My husband TOTALLY wants to go to Colonial Williamsburg but the lack of a car might get in the way of that. He's okay with it though because there's so much to do in DC. I definitely want to go to the Smithsonian but I remember the last time we went to Chicago to visit family, we went a little overboard with the museums (we hit the Natural History Museum, the Art Institute, the Museum of Science and Industry, and the Shedd Aquarium) so I want to make sure we don't get museum-ed out or start feeling like we're going from one national monument line to another. Great to know a place that's open 24 hours. I know I'll get hungry late at night! Thanks for the recommendations!
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

Brunkster
Liberty High Student

Post by Brunkster » Aug 29th 2012, 12:09 pm

I was in China this summer and I showed my friend there the first episode of MSCL on my iPad. She was totally confused! She asked my why no one in the show seemed to be doing any studying. The hallway scenes bewildered her and I'm not sure she knew what to make of Brian's hair. At the end she just turned to me and said, "High school in China is very different." :lol:

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Sep 24th 2012, 12:30 am

Hahaha! Most shows about high school/college students don't show anyone studying since watching an hour of teenagers reading books isn't very dramatic or interesting.

:lol:
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

Jody Barsch*
Lifehead

Post by Jody Barsch* » Mar 20th 2013, 6:23 am

Brunkster, that story's hilarious!

Okay, it's that time, planning summer trips... I'm hitting the south again, Little Rock, Jackson, Nashville, New Orleans are all definites, there may be stops in between. I know there can't be another Saxapahaw (or maybe there can...!) but any tips on sights, cool shops, great food, bars, shops, music, outdoor activities? Thanks!
Sometimes I write a little MSCL fanfiction: https://www.fanfiction.net/u/1039807/Jody-Barsch
Also, after multiple V. Mars reiterations, and finally a Deadwood movie, still wishing for some continuation of The Riches !

Jody Barsch*
Lifehead

Post by Jody Barsch* » Jun 3rd 2013, 12:15 am

Jody Barsch* wrote:Brunkster, that story's hilarious!

Okay, it's that time, planning summer trips... I'm hitting the south again, Little Rock, Jackson, Nashville, New Orleans are all definites, there may be stops in between. I know there can't be another Saxapahaw (or maybe there can...!) but any tips on sights, cool shops, great food, bars, shops, music, outdoor activities? Thanks!
Just putting this out there again, seeing if anyone has input. We're driving from Nashville to Memphis (though I'm hoping to fit in Chattanooga), to Little Rock, AK, to Jackson MS, to New Orleans. Those are the cities I know we're hitting, there may be others.
Looking for an "MUST-Do's" or "MUST-Avoids" Thanks anyone (as I'm writing this I think it'd be hard to make this list for my own town so I really appreciate any help)

Brunkster
Liberty High Student

Post by Brunkster » Apr 2nd 2014, 2:09 pm

OK, this is more like spring travel. I'm headed to DC for work this weekend....just in time for the cherry blossoms. Score.