Are you blogging?

If you want to share some events in your life or thoughts about life in general with other MSCL fans or if you just want post a rant to let some steam off - this is the place.
Forum Newbies: Please introduce yourself here!
Sascha
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Are you blogging?

Post by Sascha » Aug 10th 2005, 5:18 pm

Since I recently accidentially stumbled over MSCL.com's Dan's blog (and discovered that he has two gorgeous kids!!), I'm curious: who else of us "My So-Called Life" fans is keeping an online weblog?

I'm blogging at http://sablog.sabweb.net since around 1999, but not much personal stuff, it's basically a tv series news and reviews blog (in german, sorry), with some personal items thrown in from time to time.

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Re: Are you blogging?

Post by lance » Aug 11th 2005, 11:05 pm

Sascha (sab) wrote:Since I recently accidentially stumbled over MSCL.com's Dan's blog (and discovered that he has two gorgeous kids!!), I'm curious: who else of us "My So-Called Life" fans is keeping an online weblog?

I'm blogging at http://sablog.sabweb.net since around 1999, but not much personal stuff, it's basically a tv series news and reviews blog (in german, sorry), with some personal items thrown in from time to time.
You can find my thoughts on various topics at:

http://www.lanceland.net/Musings.htm

Any other brave (foolish?) souls out there?

-LanceMan

emmie
Liberty High Graduate

Post by emmie » Aug 13th 2005, 1:56 am

here's an article I just happened to see today and thought of this post.
I have a blog, but it's pretty boring, actually. mostly it's just for my friends and family that I don't see or talk to often. that way people can keep up to date. also...I don't really have time anymore to repeat my stories of film school over and over again. as selfish as that sounds, I lose track after a while of who I've told what.

Lizka
Overlooked Sibling

Post by Lizka » Aug 15th 2005, 6:45 pm

I have a blog that I keep ... sort of up-to-date. Haven't written in it much lately, since my summer's been pretty boring.

However, if you want to read it, it's at http://xanga.com/Lizka.

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by lance » Aug 16th 2005, 11:19 pm

Lizka wrote:I have a blog that I keep ... sort of up-to-date. Haven't written in it much lately, since my summer's been pretty boring.

However, if you want to read it, it's at http://xanga.com/Lizka.
I actually liked the one about your brother. It has the wry humour of being something true.

:D

-LanceMan

renata
Frozen Embryo

Post by renata » Sep 22nd 2005, 11:31 pm

http://stupid_thing.livejournal.com

its friends only for the most part... but im open to new people. depending.
-the ants were just, you know, doing their thing..

SanDeE*
So-Called Addict

Post by SanDeE* » Sep 23rd 2005, 12:17 am

I read an article about 6 months ago about kids (middle-high school age) using blogs to attack other kids they didn't like. One kid committed suicide because of a bully blogger writing bad things about him. Where are the parents? I didn't even have an email address until I was almost 18!
Um, in my room, one seam is a little off and I stare at it constantly. It's, like, destroying me.

~~Kristin~~

renata
Frozen Embryo

Post by renata » Sep 23rd 2005, 12:44 am

Kristin wrote:I read an article about 6 months ago about kids (middle-high school age) using blogs to attack other kids they didn't like. One kid committed suicide because of a bully blogger writing bad things about him. Where are the parents? I didn't even have an email address until I was almost 18!

Ive seen blogs that're like that, and those blogs where people fake being anorexic and such just for attention. =/ ruins it for those of us who use blogging for other things that arent destructive. welcome to the world.
-the ants were just, you know, doing their thing..

SanDeE*
So-Called Addict

Post by SanDeE* » Oct 23rd 2005, 3:52 pm

My last post wasn't to imply that blogs are bad. I was just surprised by the article that these kids had virtually no supervision.

I'm thinking about starting a blog, either at myspace (because I can put some of my music on there) or at livejournal. Is one better than the other? As long as it's free... myspace seems a little better if I can get clips of my music on there.
Um, in my room, one seam is a little off and I stare at it constantly. It's, like, destroying me.

~~Kristin~~

SanDeE*
So-Called Addict

Post by SanDeE* » Nov 8th 2005, 11:05 pm

Hey everybody, I ended up starting both a web journal and a myspace page. I'm thinking about getting my own website through my school maybe next semester. For now, here are my links - check them out if you have a minute!

Livejournal
Myspace

Cool.

SanDeE*

~~Kristin~~

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by lance » Nov 24th 2005, 12:44 am

SanDeE* wrote:Hey everybody, I ended up starting both a web journal and a myspace page. I'm thinking about getting my own website through my school maybe next semester. For now, here are my links - check them out if you have a minute!

Livejournal
Myspace

Cool.

SanDeE*
"current mood: geeky"

LOL!

Very nice blog, sorry about the Packers. My brothers beloved Eagles are pretty much done for the year. Strangely enough my Cowboys are not doing to bad, althought tomorrow against Denver will be tough.

-LanceMan

Andee
Tino

Post by Andee » Jan 30th 2006, 4:18 am

Yes, I definitely do keep a blog. Just made a new one recently because my old one was like 3 years old. Go check it out...
http://www.livejournal.com/~andeeneena
~Andee~

--- "Not that i've ever been to another country..."

starbug
Lifehead

Post by starbug » Jan 30th 2006, 4:36 am

I am thinking about this. I think I would find it fun, but on the other hand I do have this sort of barrier in my head about the mental sensibility of thinking that my own life is so interesting/important that others are going to be interested in it.

Is this just one of those things I am missing the point of?

---------------------------------------------
http://www.urban-hills.blogspot.com
---------------------------------------------

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by lance » Feb 8th 2006, 10:49 pm

starbug wrote:I am thinking about this. I think I would find it fun, but on the other hand I do have this sort of barrier in my head about the mental sensibility of thinking that my own life is so interesting/important that others are going to be interested in it.

Is this just one of those things I am missing the point of?
Actually I for one would find your daily ponderings quite fascinating.

-LanceMan

Sascha
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Sascha » Feb 9th 2006, 3:37 pm

starbug wrote:Is this just one of those things I am missing the point of?
Consider it some kind of public diary. It's a good way to let some steam off and share opinions/thoughts with other people -- be it total strangers or close friends. Although most blogs are only read by a handful of people (there are far more bloggers than readers), it sometimes develops into some kind of "social network" if visitors start commenting on your postings and link form their blogs to yours. I remember well how surprised I was when someone commented on my blog for the first time (even though it's focused on a popular topic (TV series)). When someone sends a trackback from their blog to my blog I still check out their site at least once. If I find it interesting, I may even bookmark it (or add it to my RSS aggregator).

And sites like wordpress.com and blogger.com make it very easy to set up your own blog for free in a few clicks.