MSCL moments in your life

If you want to share some events in your life or thoughts about life in general with other MSCL fans or if you just want post a rant to let some steam off - this is the place.
Forum Newbies: Please introduce yourself here!
emmie
Liberty High Graduate

MSCL moments in your life

Post by emmie » Jul 5th 2005, 4:46 pm

I could have sworn that there was already a thread like this. I'm sure there is, feel free to correct me! in any case, I just think it's interesting that I'm still reminded of MSCL quotes or situations in my day to day life.

but each night I have a true MSCL moment where I feel like I'm Angela. I live in a townhouse and the stairwell is exactly the same as in the Chase house. so each night I climb the stairs with light falling down on me, and am reminded of the pilot when Angela gets back from Let's Bolt.

MyLifeIsBrians
Yearbook Team

Post by MyLifeIsBrians » Aug 8th 2005, 6:51 pm

A MSCL in my own life...I think my SN sayes it best. My Life Is Brians. I have a ton of ackward moments.
There`s Something About My Life....

Andee
Tino

Post by Andee » Jan 30th 2006, 4:15 am

Oooh yes. I have WAY too many of these. my whole life pretty much IS the show. I was obsessed with it when it was airing on The Family Channel when i was in grade nine. But when I started grade 10 in the fall, I was living it. My best friend and I went separate ways and had the big Angela and Sharon thing going on for a while. Now we're slowly becoming friendly with one another again. As for the whole romance part, lets just say I can definitely see some similarities. MY CLOSEST MALE FRIEND CAME OUT OF THE CLOSET THIS YEAR TOO! It's insane how realistic a show can be. And then when you look at your own life you like "I could be on tv!" haha.
~Andee
~Andee~

--- "Not that i've ever been to another country..."

PaulaHelena
Frozen Embryo

Post by PaulaHelena » Jun 20th 2007, 7:54 am

I tend to have a few Angela-like moments almost everyday, and I had my own 'Jordan scenario' with a guy in my class, his name's Santtu and I was head over heels for him.We had a short relationship on 8th grade and then it somehow just came to a halt.But I never stopped loving him.
"I'll find myself in the end.."

Jody Barsch*
Lifehead

Re: MSCL moments in your life

Post by Jody Barsch* » Oct 9th 2007, 8:31 pm

Apparently there's a student at my school named Jordan Catalino. Pretty darn close. He was called over the loud speaker yesterday and it totally made me ... I don't know actually. Maybe half laugh and half blush. (When it comes to MSCL, there will always be the 14/15 girl who snuck downstairs to watch the tapes when she was supposed to be in bed, fast-forwarding to Jordan. :oops: )

On another note, I was going over vocab words with a class today and the word was elusive -- among other examples I threw out Tino as an example, but no one caught it. :roll:
Sometimes I write a little MSCL fanfiction: https://www.fanfiction.net/u/1039807/Jody-Barsch
Also, after multiple V. Mars reiterations, and finally a Deadwood movie, still wishing for some continuation of The Riches !

dudn3000
Tino

Post by dudn3000 » Oct 10th 2007, 12:50 am

Jordan Catalino ... WOW!

If you know how he looks like, tell us! :wink:

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Oct 14th 2007, 4:41 am

Jody, that is awesomely hilarious!
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

emmie
Liberty High Graduate

Post by emmie » Oct 15th 2007, 3:29 pm

funny, indeed.

dudn3000
Tino

Post by dudn3000 » Oct 22nd 2007, 4:16 am

Already some info about our Jordan?!?! :mrgreen:

elsie
Frozen Embryo

Post by elsie » Aug 17th 2008, 9:18 am

I think every teenager has a MSCL moment.
I'm sixteen, and have those moments at times.
But sometimes you like to hope you have those moments.
Because it makes everything feel different and more special.
Anyone understand what I'm getting at?

I don't even think anyone will reply, half of the forum hasn't been touched in months,
maybe even years.

Cami A.
Catalano

Post by Cami A. » Aug 17th 2008, 11:27 pm

Elsie,
True. Most posts in the forum are from years ago.
This site just doesn't get enough traffic. Just a few weeks ago a new member
started stirring up old episode discussions and I was pulled back in. I could analyze this wonderfully complex series for hours on end! No kidding.

I totally have MSCl moments all the time. Just the other day I "ummed" for the first time and the whole scene from "Pressure" between Angela and Sharon when they are talking about sex flashed through my mind. Especially the following quotes:

"Angela : [voiceover] There's this dividing line, between girls who've had
sex, and girls who haven't, and all of a sudden, we realized that we
were looking at each other across it."

"Angela : So were you different afterwards?
Sharon : This is going to sound -- stupid, but afterward I looked at myself
in the mirror, just to, just to see if I looked different. Do you
think I do?
Angela : No."
"So, the mouse makes pressure, just by breathing?...I can relate."

MonnyUK2
Three Rivers Resident

Post by MonnyUK2 » Aug 18th 2008, 5:49 am

Cami,
I really loved that episode too. I think the whole speech that Ricky gives is also really good. I hope it was with someone special you 'ummed' with, lol! After Ricky gives that speech and then Cynthia Hargrove comes out of thhe cubicle and tells Ricky how what he says is so true. Then she asks Angela if she ever worked at Big Guy Burger. That always make me laugh, talk about changing the script,lol!

I always remember the last scene from the last episode. I have always wanted a magical moment in my life like that. I did ask girl's out but whenever I did I would always think of the frustration I felt for Brian when Angela drives off with Jordan. A lot of the time they would say no when I asked them out, lol! That is why I remember this scene so much.

Cami A.
Catalano

Post by Cami A. » Aug 18th 2008, 9:20 pm

Monny, my man!
How's married life treatin' you?
Negative on "umming" with a special someone. It was about as unspecial as you can get. And honestly, I don't feel any different. I still feel about as experienced as Angela, lol.

Yes, the last scene where she goes with Jordan and leaves Brian hanging is something I think a lot of guys can relate to! Did I tell you about the guy I lusted after during high school--same scenario, didn't tell him, he got a girlfriend, and when he didnt have one anymore still didn't like me--screwed me over so that I ended up with out a date to prom. Wouldn't it have been fun to see LIberty High's prom? LOL.

But it all works out for the best, guys like Jordan end up bumming around looking pretty with a different girl each night, while all the regular guys end up happily married to someone who loves them and will take care of them.

MonnyUK2
Three Rivers Resident

Post by MonnyUK2 » Aug 19th 2008, 6:06 am

Cami,
I agree it would have been brilliant to see the Liberty Prom. It would have interesting to see who everybody would have gone with. Maybe in true Prom style Brian and Angela would have got it on. Brian could be like George Mcfly in Back to the Future and knock Jordan out.lol! I think many guys like me to identify with Brian. I think many girl's at the time who lusted over Jordan have come to Brian's side. They like Angela were infatuated with the enigma that was Jordan Catalano.

Married life is brilliant Cam. I have ended with somebody who really loves me and cares for me. When you love someone the umming is a million times better. lol! I think the first for guys and girl's is different. I felt very strange after my first time but not much different. It wasn't with somebody who was special to me so I think that is why.

Cami A.
Catalano

Post by Cami A. » Aug 19th 2008, 4:21 pm

Lol. Love the "Back To The Future" reference.
That would be cute! I see Brian getting cold feet even if they did try to do "it".
Glad to hear married life is good to you!
And yes, I think ppl realize that stability and caring are much more loveable qualities than sexiness, and can make a person sexy in their own way.

Oh and thanks for sharing your thoughts on "umming"!