California Adventure

If you want to share some events in your life or thoughts about life in general with other MSCL fans or if you just want post a rant to let some steam off - this is the place.
Forum Newbies: Please introduce yourself here!
schris
Between Names

California Adventure

Post by schris » Apr 18th 2005, 6:55 pm

So I went to California this past weekend to visit my sister and her husband. They are living there while he is serving in the Marines. He just got back from Iraq two weeks ago. We all were in need of a fun vacation so we decided to go to California Adventure. I have only been to CA once before when I was 17 so I was really excited about this trip. CA Adventure is such an awesome park. We went on Soarin' over California first - it feels so real! You are suspended like 2 stories in the air and you are in front of a huge screen so it feels like you are just flying through the air over different parts of CA. There is wind and smells too! Next was the Tower of Terror and that was so scary! You are in this elevator type cage and it shoots you into the air and then drops you - it is the wierdest feeling. I was screeming the whole time. My favorite ride was California Screemin'. It is the best rollercoaster I have ever been on. There are huge drops and fast turns and you go through a loop - upside-down! It was such a great trip. I can't wait to go back! :D

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by lance » Apr 18th 2005, 9:58 pm

Glad you had a great time.

:D

-LanceMan

SanDeE*
So-Called Addict

Post by SanDeE* » Apr 19th 2005, 9:29 am

Sound like a cool trip! I wish I could ride rollercoasters - I get sick, though. I can't even do the big screen "fake" rollercoasters (where you are actually just sitting in one place being shaken around while watching a screen - your perception is all whacked out, like the "Soarin'" ride schris described). I went on the "Back to the Future" ride at Universal Studios in Orlando FL once and I felt so sick after. I had to sit on a bench for a half an hour. I know, I'm lame at theme parks.

Glad to hear your brother-in-law is back home.
Um, in my room, one seam is a little off and I stare at it constantly. It's, like, destroying me.

~~Kristin~~

schris
Between Names

Post by schris » Apr 25th 2005, 11:48 am

Thanks guys!

Kristin - I didn't get sick on any of the rides but I had a huge headache at the end of the day :)

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Apr 25th 2005, 2:50 pm

An early trip on the log ride at Great America ruined me for any roller coasters until I moved to California and was forced (heh, by junior high peer pressure) to go on rides like the Matterhorn and Space Mountain at Disneyland. I think the reason I can tolerate those two so easily is that it's hard to see what's going on and then it's over. I also tried an upside down loop at Knott's Berry Farm, which I found much less scary than the usual dramatic plunges.

Kristin, some of those simulated rides make me sick too. There is one at Sea World that pretends to take everyone on a submarine ride - blech.

Glad you had fun at Disneyland schris! I haven't been to that part of the park yet, but it sounds like fun.
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?