Asian Interior Decor - HELP!!!

If you want to share some events in your life or thoughts about life in general with other MSCL fans or if you just want post a rant to let some steam off - this is the place.
Forum Newbies: Please introduce yourself here!
special_k
Yearbook Team
Location: Closer to here than there, in the land between dreaming and waking...

Asian Interior Decor - HELP!!!

Post by special_k » Dec 26th 2004, 8:42 pm

Okay, so when I first did up my flat it was, like, two years ago, and much of it was done in a manner that was accomodating to my then fiance, building on my own tastes. Time has passed and I've been ridding myself of everything from that period, to include the decor. I'm going for something Chinese-Hong Kong 1962-Tokyo-Kyoto-Seoul. Minimalism is an impossibility. That in mind, I'm searching for resources, and not coming up with much. Even the books at Amazon are conflicting.

Right now I'm looking for Asian art, rice paper lamps, and possibly re-upholstering the sofa (a huge broyhill) in mandarin red, which I hope shall infuse the room with much energy. I've been given wooden carvings of the Gods from Taipei, and some bamboo art. Suggestions?

Lastly, I'm looking to plant real (not the stuff from the Asian kiosks at the mall) bamboo on my balcony. I've located a nursery in Portland that will ship me baby plants for a hefty sum.

I'm new to this. If anyone can offer suggestions or help, I'd be most appreciative.

Xie Xiiiiie!

:x-mas: :x-mas: :x-mas: :x-mas: :x-mas: :x-mas:
"Sometimes things happen between people that you don't really expect. And sometimes the things that are important are the ones that seem the weirdest or the most wrong, and those are the ones that change your life."

Jessie, "Once and Again"

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Jan 9th 2005, 10:06 pm

This site has some beautiful paintings of dragons that might fit into your new decor. Click on the arrows below the pictures to see more paintings.
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?