Best Year Ever

If you want to share some events in your life or thoughts about life in general with other MSCL fans or if you just want post a rant to let some steam off - this is the place.
Forum Newbies: Please introduce yourself here!
lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Best Year Ever

Post by lance » Dec 25th 2004, 12:58 am

We have a thread for the worst stuff, so here's a thread for all the good stuff.

Right now I just completed the second round of interviews for a library assistant job here in Vegas. Always hard to tell how things go with interviews but I felt good after it was over. The sheer fact I made it to the second round is pretty cool.

-LanceMan

Jody Barsch*
Lifehead

Post by Jody Barsch* » Dec 26th 2004, 1:04 pm

Congratulations Lance, I'll be thinking good thoughts. :D It was a nice idea to start this thread.
Sometimes I write a little MSCL fanfiction: https://www.fanfiction.net/u/1039807/Jody-Barsch
Also, after multiple V. Mars reiterations, and finally a Deadwood movie, still wishing for some continuation of The Riches !

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by lance » Dec 29th 2004, 1:31 am

Jody Barsch* wrote:Congratulations Lance, I'll be thinking good thoughts. :D It was a nice idea to start this thread.
Thanks.

:shock:

I got the job!

:BIG: :go:

After 5 months of temping, endless time spent filing out applications, interviews, rejections and tons of postage, I got a job I actual want to do!

I got the call today and I was offered the job which I of course accepted. I offered to start on 1/3 but my future boss informed me that the University's Human Resources Department does not work that quickly. Oh well, so one more week of temping and then I start on 1/10.

Get this I don't have to wear a tie again, ever to work. :angel: I get 10 hours of vacation per month, free parking (isn't that illegal at most universities?), benefits and I can wear jeans on Fridays. USA! USA! USA!

So for the moment at least I am one very tired, but exceedingly happy man. It is something that is not quite real for me yet. Given everything I did to get to this point I just feel immensely satisfied. Just thought I'd share the joy.

-LanceMan

Nothingman
Liberty High Graduate

Post by Nothingman » Dec 29th 2004, 12:20 pm

Congradulations Lance. It's a great feeling to be doing the job you want to do and to be working in the career of your choice. I hope it all works out for you.

As far as something to add to the thread. I'm approaching my first full year of being a single man after spending the previous 5 in a life sucking codependent relationship. It has been a blast and life has been so much happier and eventful. I looked at some old digital photos of the ex while I was organizing them all for my new camera software. It feels so good to truely no longer be attracted to her or feel like I have a knife in my back every time I hear her name or see her picture. I'm finally free! Cue Blister In the Sun!
:sunshine:
"To come to your senses, you must first go out of your mind." - Alan Watts

emmie
Liberty High Graduate

Post by emmie » Dec 29th 2004, 3:31 pm

Nothingman wrote: I'm finally free! Cue Blister In the Sun!
I second that!! congrats to both you and Lance. I'm glad that things are working out with the new job and getting over the ex! it's wonderful to feel satisfied and at peace.

I as well, feel pretty good right now. and it's not because anything big has happened exactly. but I guess because I've finally found my place. I'm at school surrounded by classmates who get me and I can be myself. I have the opportunity to study what I love and I feel very lucky to get to do so.

TooCool4Skool
Liberty High Student

Post by TooCool4Skool » Dec 29th 2004, 5:51 pm

Nothingman wrote: I'm finally free! Cue Blister In the Sun!
Let's just hope that you actually mean that! :P

:D Congrats to all- it's good to hear such great news! :D

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Dec 29th 2004, 7:40 pm

Congratulations Lance - woo hoo! Welcome to the world of being a university employee - it's awesome! And free parking on campus - damn. I have to pay over $80 a month to park here, and I don't even have a reserved spot with my name painted on it.
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

SanDeE*
So-Called Addict

Post by SanDeE* » Dec 31st 2004, 2:26 am

Congrats to Lance & Nothingman!

Hmmm, let's see... this year I got the best little apartment all to myself at school, I finally really connected with my co-workers at my summer job (it was my 4th summer there), my best friend got engaged, I went to a packer game! 2004 was my first year being 21, so that changed my life a lot. Not that I'm a drunk or anything like that, but I just mean it opened up a lot of opportunities to socialize with my friends and see some great bands. Lots of other good stuff happened, too - but I think that 2005 will be even better for me than 2004!
Um, in my room, one seam is a little off and I stare at it constantly. It's, like, destroying me.

~~Kristin~~

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by lance » Dec 31st 2004, 11:15 pm

Nothingman wrote:Congradulations Lance. It's a great feeling to be doing the job you want to do and to be working in the career of your choice. I hope it all works out for you.

As far as something to add to the thread. I'm approaching my first full year of being a single man after spending the previous 5 in a life sucking codependent relationship. It has been a blast and life has been so much happier and eventful. I looked at some old digital photos of the ex while I was organizing them all for my new camera software. It feels so good to truely no longer be attracted to her or feel like I have a knife in my back every time I hear her name or see her picture. I'm finally free! Cue Blister In the Sun!
Congrats Nothingman. Great feeling to have one's freedom back.

I too am recently single again. I am in the process of hooking up with some singles groups.

-LanceMan

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by lance » Dec 31st 2004, 11:17 pm

candygirl wrote:Congratulations Lance - woo hoo! Welcome to the world of being a university employee - it's awesome! And free parking on campus - damn. I have to pay over $80 a month to park here, and I don't even have a reserved spot with my name painted on it.
Thanks Candygirl. One day perhaps, you too will experience the sheer joy that is free university parking. I will keep my fingers crossed for you.

-LanceMan

special_k
Yearbook Team
Location: Closer to here than there, in the land between dreaming and waking...

Post by special_k » Jan 1st 2005, 4:30 am

I'm terribly happy for you, Lance. Couldn't happen to a nicer guy! ^^
"Sometimes things happen between people that you don't really expect. And sometimes the things that are important are the ones that seem the weirdest or the most wrong, and those are the ones that change your life."

Jessie, "Once and Again"

starbug
Lifehead

Post by starbug » Jan 4th 2005, 5:59 am

WOOHOO Lance! Well done :D :onfire:

Let us know how you get on... As a fellow university employee I can tell you the perks are pretty cool; mainly it's the generally relaxed attitude. No corporate target-hitting money-making profit-driven muck to deal with. although I must say, parking would be out of the question for me... I think you have to bribe a few security guards and be the vice-chancellor to get a parking space for a day. It's public transport all the way. But I'm a terrible driver, so it's a good thing!

So, my year has been pretty cool: wedding and honeymoon, starting the masters. it's been a year of achievements (and I include not saying something desperately hurtful to my mother during wedding preparations, when she definitely deserved it in those achievements) on a kind of 'get up and do something about it' way.

This year I'm mainly looking forward to my trip to New Zealand, in February.

Nothingman - I hear you. I was stuck in a horrible relationship years ago for around 3 years. Getting out of it was like a huge weight had just gone from my shoulders. Fabulous!

---------------------------------------------
http://www.urban-hills.blogspot.com
---------------------------------------------

wicked
Catalano

Post by wicked » Jan 5th 2005, 11:06 am

Congradualtions Lance!
"So this is hell. I'd never have believed it. You remember all we were told about the torture-chambers, the fire and brimstone, the "burning marl." Old wive's tales! There's no need for red-hot pokers. HELL IS - OTHER PEOPLE!"

SanDeE*
So-Called Addict

Post by SanDeE* » Jan 18th 2005, 4:01 pm

I just scheduled my senior composition recital today!!! It's going to be on Sunday April 10th. So far I'm having a great year! :D :D :D
Um, in my room, one seam is a little off and I stare at it constantly. It's, like, destroying me.

~~Kristin~~

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by lance » Jan 18th 2005, 8:21 pm

Kristin wrote:I just scheduled my senior composition recital today!!! It's going to be on Sunday April 10th. So far I'm having a great year! :D :D :D
Wohooo! Glad to hear it.

-LanceMan