Art project

If you want to share some events in your life or thoughts about life in general with other MSCL fans or if you just want post a rant to let some steam off - this is the place.
Forum Newbies: Please introduce yourself here!
SanDeE*
So-Called Addict

Art project

Post by SanDeE* » Nov 8th 2004, 1:11 am

This is a really cool assignment, actually. Among other things, I have to find a 2-3 minute film clip that really resonates with me. I have a few that I really love, and the one I want to show is from Mulholland Drive when Betty and Rita go to Club Silencio, but that would be about 7 minutes = too long. And now the front runners are one from The Jerk, when Navin hears the squarest, cheesiest, "whitest" jazz music on his radio and it "speaks to him," and the classic scene from Spinal Tap: "this one goes to eleven!" :lol:

And then tonight I realized I could use a clip from a MSCL episode. Now I'm trying to think of clips that really hit me in the series. Anyone have scenes that really get to them in the series? The very last scene in the very last episode, with Brian and Angela talking on the street, is beautiful.
Um, in my room, one seam is a little off and I stare at it constantly. It's, like, destroying me.

~~Kristin~~

wicked
Catalano

Post by wicked » Nov 8th 2004, 11:47 am

I wanna hear what you decide!!!
That scene in MHD is the best! I love the whole surrealistic sense in the theatre!! AND Crying really translates well into a spanish verison song cest no.

I'll think about mscl and come up with a scnen that resonates for me
"So this is hell. I'd never have believed it. You remember all we were told about the torture-chambers, the fire and brimstone, the "burning marl." Old wive's tales! There's no need for red-hot pokers. HELL IS - OTHER PEOPLE!"

SanDeE*
So-Called Addict

Post by SanDeE* » Nov 9th 2004, 1:44 am

I love that scene in Mulholland Drive too. It was the first scene that came to my mind when my painting teacher introduced the assignment. But it really is too long. Plus, there are no chapters on my dvd. I don't know if I just have a weird version, or maybe Lynch wanted it that way so you can't skip around easily. Anyway, I've never seen that before on a dvd.

The film clip I decided on is from the Tenacious D dvd that came out last winter. It has all the HBO episodes they did, and in one of those they are trying to compose a song in five days. It's so hilarious, and EXACTLY how it is when you have a little composer's block. I'd recommend the Tenacious D dvd... although there is lots of inappropriate language and really gross stuff on there, so maybe not so great for the little kiddies.

If my classmates have a problem with swearing (which I doubt) I'll play the Spinal Tap clip "It goes to eleven."
Um, in my room, one seam is a little off and I stare at it constantly. It's, like, destroying me.

~~Kristin~~

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Nov 9th 2004, 11:36 am

Kristin wrote:Plus, there are no chapters on my dvd. I don't know if I just have a weird version, or maybe Lynch wanted it that way so you can't skip around easily. Anyway, I've never seen that before on a dvd.
Yeah, Lynch released the DVD without chapter stops because "a movie should be viewed as a whole" (paraphrased).