Tattoos

If you want to share some events in your life or thoughts about life in general with other MSCL fans or if you just want post a rant to let some steam off - this is the place.
Forum Newbies: Please introduce yourself here!
Megs
Lifehead

Post by Megs » Oct 29th 2004, 4:27 pm

Oh, and starbug, I have a freckle right by my tatoo, and at first I thought the artist did mess up. :lol:
"I have all these dreams where I know exactly what to say. And you tell me, you know, that you forgive me."

Nostradamus
Marshall Wannabe

Post by Nostradamus » Oct 29th 2004, 9:16 pm

candygirl wrote:Exactly what I'm talking about - my friend dated this girl who had a tattoo of Flounder (from the Little Mermaid) jumping out of her ass crack. No joke.
You almost made me spit on the keyboard! Damn I love this forum!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

IIRC, flash is a kind of "pre-fab" tattoo, usually small, that can be quickly done for casual tattoo customers. A lot of parlors will have books or posters full of flash designs for just this reason. The opposite of flash is the custom tattoo, which is designed specifically for one customer. It gets confusing because some of the most popular flash started out as a custom job which was subsequently reproduced. Hard core tatto enthusiasts are sometimes critical of flash because it can become cliched, with lots of butterflies, skulls, and yes, cartoon characters.

:wink:

I actually offended a friend of mine once when I mis-identified her large custom wings as a butterfly. I guess I was supposed to know that they were fairy wings, NOT butterfly wings! Now when she shows off her latest mods I just smile and mumble approvingly, less chance of social awkwardness that way.

:roll: :-P
I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure.
-- Clarence Darrow

I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it.
-- Mark Twain

Jody Barsch*
Lifehead

Post by Jody Barsch* » Oct 30th 2004, 3:25 am

No piercings, no tatoos. I can remember being in 6th grade and wanting a pierced navel, and in sophomore year of college I entertained the idea of a small tattoo on my lower back (I had it all designed too -- a small circular image of the ocean (difficuly to describe)) My ex-boyfrind has two circular scars on his bicep. I HATE IT! Sophomore year, his best friend and he heated botttle caps with a lighter and pressed them into their arms. Well, a year or two later, on a night of bonding after slowly growing apart, the idiots decide to do it again, only this time they held the caps over the stove, and pressed them in longer. Sloppily overlapping the previous one, the new scar is huge and thick. He seems to like it and sticks by it (both of them) but people are horrified when they see his arm, and stupified wehen they hear he did it, to himself, willingly, twice. It breaks my heart to look at it. He has really great arms, but more than that, he has just really beautiful and delicious skin. I mean, I get why he did it, partly, but, it really is horrible.
Sometimes I write a little MSCL fanfiction: https://www.fanfiction.net/u/1039807/Jody-Barsch
Also, after multiple V. Mars reiterations, and finally a Deadwood movie, still wishing for some continuation of The Riches !

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Oct 30th 2004, 3:39 am

Nostradamus wrote:My friends however are nuts about body mod: tatoos, piercing, stretching, implants (not the soft kind), scarification, branding, you name it. They get special discounts from their artists because of their frequent custom. They are also kind of body mod art-nazis, openly critical of anyone who gets "flash". I guess you are either with the "in" crowd, or you are hopelessly lame.
The place where I got my piercing was like that - very into the meaning and spirituality. Although I respect that attitude, neither my tattoo nor my piercing were done because they had deeper meaning or for spiritual reasons. Honestly, I thought they were aesthetically pleasing - the same reason why I originally had my earlobes pierced when I was a kid. I definitely put more thought into getting a tattoo since it's not as easy as taking out an earring and leaving a little hole, and it's possible that later in life I'll regret it. I'm glad I did it though - I have always felt that my pain threshold was pretty low so having both things done was a little like proving to myself that I'm not a complete wuss. The other reason why I didn't get a tattoo sooner was I couldn't think of something that I would want on my body forever. At least when I'm old and my tattoo is saggy, I won't have to look at it. Just the person who changes my diapers.
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

SanDeE*
So-Called Addict

Post by SanDeE* » Oct 30th 2004, 4:35 pm

candygirl wrote:At least when I'm old and my tattoo is saggy, I won't have to look at it. Just the person who changes my diapers.
Ha! Me too! I picked my lower back also because of possible future jobs I may have. A lot of places discriminate against people with tattoos. This way, no one at my workplace will have to know about it. But... that is not happening now to me.
Um, in my room, one seam is a little off and I stare at it constantly. It's, like, destroying me.

~~Kristin~~

Nostradamus
Marshall Wannabe

Post by Nostradamus » Oct 31st 2004, 12:23 pm

One of the best tattoo jobs I've seen was a full body sleeve on a little old lady. She was interviewed in a documentary on body art. The tattoos did a surprisingly good job of covering up all of her wrinkles and age spots. As my friends like to say, she'll leave a colorful corpse.

8)
I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure.
-- Clarence Darrow

I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it.
-- Mark Twain

Megs
Lifehead

Post by Megs » Nov 1st 2004, 10:03 pm

Ok, I took a picture of my tattoo for you guys. I had to take it myself, so it was rather akward. I think it's a little blurry, too.

See it here. Hope it works.
"I have all these dreams where I know exactly what to say. And you tell me, you know, that you forgive me."

SanDeE*
So-Called Addict

Post by SanDeE* » Nov 1st 2004, 11:01 pm

Megs, it didn't work for me. Maybe it's because I'm not a Yahoo member? A window came up saying the file is inaccesible.
Um, in my room, one seam is a little off and I stare at it constantly. It's, like, destroying me.

~~Kristin~~

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Nov 2nd 2004, 12:58 am

I can't see it either. Don't tease us, Megs!
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

starbug
Lifehead

Post by starbug » Nov 2nd 2004, 5:11 am

Yeah... the file I am looking for is 'inaccessible'. Humph.

---------------------------------------------
http://www.urban-hills.blogspot.com
---------------------------------------------

Megs2

Post by Megs2 » Nov 2nd 2004, 11:27 am

Hi, it's Megs. I forgot my password and I'm at work.

Can you see this one?

http://www.shutterfly.com/view/picture_ ... 5f2&idx=12

SanDeE*
So-Called Addict

Post by SanDeE* » Nov 2nd 2004, 12:43 pm

It would work I suppose if I were a member of shutterfly. Do other people see Megs's tattoo?

~~Kristin~~

Nothingman
Liberty High Graduate

Post by Nothingman » Nov 2nd 2004, 1:06 pm

Can't see it either, it asks me to login to see it.
"To come to your senses, you must first go out of your mind." - Alan Watts

wicked
Catalano

Post by wicked » Nov 2nd 2004, 1:29 pm

I think she's deliberatley driving us insane
( it's a phoo bear tatt with balooooooooooooons ! ;))
"So this is hell. I'd never have believed it. You remember all we were told about the torture-chambers, the fire and brimstone, the "burning marl." Old wive's tales! There's no need for red-hot pokers. HELL IS - OTHER PEOPLE!"

Megs
Lifehead

Post by Megs » Nov 2nd 2004, 7:16 pm

How about now?

Finally?
Last edited by Megs on Nov 2nd 2004, 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.