sab goes Switzerland

If you want to share some events in your life or thoughts about life in general with other MSCL fans or if you just want post a rant to let some steam off - this is the place.
Forum Newbies: Please introduce yourself here!
Nothingman
Liberty High Graduate

Post by Nothingman » Oct 11th 2004, 10:36 am

Good pictures Sascha, thanks for posting them. I'm really taken back by how clean everything is and how lush the lanscape appears. You don't see the clutter and waste you come to expect from an industrialized nation.
"To come to your senses, you must first go out of your mind." - Alan Watts

Sascha
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Sascha » Oct 11th 2004, 11:38 am

Nothingman wrote:Good pictures Sascha, thanks for posting them. I'm really taken back by how clean everything is and how lush the lanscape appears. You don't see the clutter and waste you come to expect from an industrialized nation.
Yeah, especially the one-hour train ride up to Arosa and the Weisshorn mountain was almost like a travel back in time. It looked like the perfect cliché - green feedlots with sheeps, cows with traditional bells, lots of trees and valleys with a marvelous view. There were even the typical block houses and old men with long grey beards hacking wood for the upcoming winter season. Only the occasional 4-wheel-truck on a road nearby and the teens with I-Pods in their hands reminded you that this is indeed 2004 and you're not lost in some kind of time-space screwup.

I wished I could have taken some pictures from that train ride, but the lights were on in the wagon so the windows reflected a lot from the inside.

Post by Guest » Oct 11th 2004, 7:01 pm

I rode a train from Venice to Munich and it was a lot like that. we never saw any cities, just little villages and tons of castles! it was a lovely glimpse of simple life.

emmie
Liberty High Graduate

Post by emmie » Oct 11th 2004, 7:02 pm

that was me, I'm so scattered today!!