Who have you met??

If you want to share some events in your life or thoughts about life in general with other MSCL fans or if you just want post a rant to let some steam off - this is the place.
Forum Newbies: Please introduce yourself here!
Angela_Catalano
Between Names

Who have you met??

Post by Angela_Catalano » Aug 30th 2004, 7:39 pm

What all celeberties did you all meet?

Mine arent all that mayjor, but here goes...

Bo Brady from Days of our lives
Jake From another world
Marie Fredrickson from the band Roxette
Survior I met that whole band
I almost got to hand a rose to Stevie Nicks. I was on my moms friends shoulders and she was reaching for the rose i had for her, but she just couldnt get it.

My mom has met alot of singers. And some of my friends have me people too. My mom also met alot of Soap opera stars, they have conventions in pittsburgh alot so thats how we would meet them!

Megs
Lifehead

Re: Who have you met??

Post by Megs » Aug 30th 2004, 10:31 pm

Angela_Catalano wrote: Bo Brady from Days of our lives
But which Bo was it? :wink:
"I have all these dreams where I know exactly what to say. And you tell me, you know, that you forgive me."

Jody Barsch*
Lifehead

Post by Jody Barsch* » Aug 30th 2004, 11:57 pm

People I've had conversations with:
David Sedaris, I've met him twice, I smoked with him once.
Patrick Stewart, we sat next to him in a RAD 5-person production of Macbeth, which he produced. (We had this elaborate plan of how I might accidently fall into his lap when taking our seats after intermission; unfortunately, he remained backstage for the fourth and fifth acts.)
Woody Harelson, he used to come to the cafe I worked at on the pier.
Big Bad Voo-Doo Daddy, it was the year South Park first aired, and we sat around after the concert doing Cartman impressions.
Ozomatli, I don't remember what we talked about (might have been that game of sloshball before the show).

People I've had brief interactions with:
No Use for A Name (handed them some beers)
Leo Politi (one of his very last book signings)
The Bangles (and their husbands -- my friend's aunt is friends with Susanna and we got backstage passes)
Arnold Schwarzenegger (back when he was an actor)
Scott Hamilton, Katerina Witt (lots and lots of other ice skaters)
Andrew Keagan (I had to Google for his name just now) (I ran into him in high school when I was working down at the beach, and then again several years later in a fly fishing shop in Mammoth)
Demi Moore and Bruce Willis

There may be more ... I don't really keep a running list or anything
Sometimes I write a little MSCL fanfiction: https://www.fanfiction.net/u/1039807/Jody-Barsch
Also, after multiple V. Mars reiterations, and finally a Deadwood movie, still wishing for some continuation of The Riches !

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Aug 31st 2004, 12:17 am

Megs wrote:
Angela_Catalano wrote: Bo Brady from Days of our lives
But which Bo was it? :wink:
:lol:

I have met some celebrities, but like Jody, I don't have a running list. In college, I knew this guy who made a big deal out of going to "events" so that he could get autographs and I just never really got into that mentality. I lived in LA and a lot of my friends grew up in LA so it seems like everyone here has at least a few stories (my sister's roommate went to school with Christina Ricci, another girl was on Alicia Silverstone's cheerleading team, etc.). My boyfriend's family is in a position to meet a lot of celebrities, mostly musicians (although Nina Hartley is a family friend), but it's not a big deal to them, which dovetails nicely with my attitude.
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

Nostradamus
Marshall Wannabe

Post by Nostradamus » Aug 31st 2004, 3:51 am

Um, I once stayed in a lousy motel room used by John Wayne during a location shoot. That's about the extent of my first-hand celebrity encounters.

:roll:

I have heard a lot of rumors about various actors, politicos, generals, etc. living in my area, but if true, they must be dwelling on huge estates with fortified perimeters, 'cause I never see 'em.

:?
I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure.
-- Clarence Darrow

I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it.
-- Mark Twain

Jody Barsch*
Lifehead

Post by Jody Barsch* » Aug 31st 2004, 11:28 am

Okay, I'm forgetting the most obvious (but maybe it doesn't count because he wasn't famous then), for years Quentin Tarantino worked in his friend's video store "Video Archives" in my home town. I used to be in there ALL the TIME! It was a rad rental shop.

Oh, and I used to frequent the same tobacco shop as Jeff bridges in Santa Barbara.
Sometimes I write a little MSCL fanfiction: https://www.fanfiction.net/u/1039807/Jody-Barsch
Also, after multiple V. Mars reiterations, and finally a Deadwood movie, still wishing for some continuation of The Riches !

emmie
Liberty High Graduate

Post by emmie » Aug 31st 2004, 11:37 am

hmmm...like nostradamus, I've really only had brushes with famous people. I've waited on Bart Starr, who is apparently a football legend. (and yes, I had to be told who he was when all the guys in my restaurant starting freaking out.)

I live in Savannah and I hear of "sightings" of famous people, but never see them first hand. we have a film festival in October of every year, so there are always people around then. they usually keep to their parties and such.

I went to the Cannes Film Festival in 2000. you would think that place would be crawling with stars. but no, they pretty much stay in their hotels and go to their after parties. my only brush with true fame was just that, a brush. I was walking down the sidewalk near the theaters, with my arms full of art pictures and such I had just bought. and there up ahead was.....you guessed it, Jared Leto. the next 30 seconds happened in slow motion as we passed each other and brushed shoulders. and then of course, I freaked out because I didn't stop him. the only actor I had wanted to see, and I did nothing! I consoled myself with some ice cream. :oops: I went to see Requiem for a Dream the next night. we were on the upper tier and all the stars and filmmakers were on the floor level. before the film started, my friend and I were leaning over the balcony to get a glimpse of Jared. he was turned around in his seat with a small digital video camera and was taping the crowd. so we're on his tape. it must have been one of his first film festivals because he looked like a kid in a candy shop.

Angela_Catalano
Between Names

Post by Angela_Catalano » Aug 31st 2004, 1:51 pm

The one think I hate about soap opera's is how much they change people on it. I met the original one, who is also on the show right now. at the moment I cant think of his name out of the show.. ( feel so dumb)

I can actually remember the one who replaced him that I didnt meet. That was Robert Kelker Kelley.

Yes but I do have a picture of myself with him.

Megs
Lifehead

Post by Megs » Aug 31st 2004, 9:26 pm

I haven't met anyone famous.
"I have all these dreams where I know exactly what to say. And you tell me, you know, that you forgive me."

K-man
Liberty High Graduate

Post by K-man » Aug 31st 2004, 9:50 pm

I live in Missouri. enough said.
Daddy sold the farm and they've killed my trees. K-man

Nothingman
Liberty High Graduate

Post by Nothingman » Sep 1st 2004, 10:52 am

Famous people I have conversed with. I grew up in a small town where Christopher Loyd had a summer home so I met him a few times and got his autograph in Radio Shack. It was a big deal at the time since I would have been about 7 and the Back to the Future movies were still very big. John Lithgow has a summer place on the lake and I've seen him in the grocery store a few times and said hello but that’s all. We have a lot of stars with vacation homes in our area and part of the reason is we treat them like everyone else. Drew Bledsoe rented a boat from the marina I worked at one summer. He picked up the boat 3 days late and we didn’t charge him, then he brought it back filthy a week later and left us no tip, I was not impressed. There are a few NHL players that have places in the area and I’ve met a few, but my favorite encounter was when Jeff Sanderson of the Buffalo Sabers at the time, came down to the rink for a pick-up game of roller hockey. Being able to play and chat with him as on of the guys was very special.
"To come to your senses, you must first go out of your mind." - Alan Watts

Nostradamus
Marshall Wannabe

Post by Nostradamus » Sep 1st 2004, 8:52 pm

Actually, there was this one time when I was little...

My dad took me to a fair, or a convention, or some other kid-friendly event, and one of the local radio DJs that was covering it smiled at me and handed me a helium balloon. At the time, I thought that was the coolest thing ever! Even now that I know he isn't really famous, it's still a good memory.

:)
I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure.
-- Clarence Darrow

I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it.
-- Mark Twain

Jody Barsch*
Lifehead

Post by Jody Barsch* » Sep 1st 2004, 11:10 pm

An ex-boyfriend of mine met Bill Nye the Science Guy at a basketball game and had his picture taken with him. I've always thought that was pretty hot. Gotta love Bill Nye the Science Guy!

Jody Barsch*
Lifehead

Post by Jody Barsch* » Nov 21st 2009, 4:27 pm

I met Catherine Hardwicke last night at an odd - but awesome - little show called All Cake No File at the Actor's Gang in Culver City. I thought I recognized her when she came into the theater behind me, but it wasn't till after the show in the lounge that I realized who she was. I said a quick "Hey", that I like her work, particularly Lords of Dogtown. and that I enjoyed her set as a guest DJ at KCRW. She was very cool.
http://www.wtffestival.theactorsgang.com/calendar.html

Jody Barsch*
Lifehead

Re:

Post by Jody Barsch* » Nov 21st 2009, 4:34 pm

Jody Barsch* wrote:There may be more ... I don't really keep a running list or anything
Ha! Kind of sounds like it though. :roll: I forgot about a lot of those. (Reading old posts is funny.)
You can add two more awkward conversations with David Sedaris. I'll love him forever, but I'll never be cool enough to make it through a conversation with grace.