Worst Year Ever!!

If you want to share some events in your life or thoughts about life in general with other MSCL fans or if you just want post a rant to let some steam off - this is the place.
Forum Newbies: Please introduce yourself here!
Angela_Catalano
Between Names

Worst Year Ever!!

Post by Angela_Catalano » Aug 29th 2004, 11:24 pm

Has anyone here ever had just one of those years that nothing seems to go right?? Well this year so many things went wrong for me its unreal.

To start off 2004, My birthday is January 7th, It was on a Wednesday. On the Sunday before my birthday I had the wost tooth ache ever. Monday I had to rush to the dentist to get it checked out. Turns out a while ago my old dentist drilled in to the nerves trying to fix a cavity. I get 7 shots of novicane and that ofcourse didnt numb the pain at all. So They couldnt do a root canal then, I had to be put on Vikes that pretty much wiped me out, The Tuesday b4 my Bday I wake up with the whole left side of my face swallon up. Needless to say I spent my birthday going to 2 hospitals and emergency dentist appointments. Also I missed so much school at the time that, I had to end up dropping out of school because I would have got fined 300 dollers a day for every missed day of school, and i cant afford that!

Next my Grandfather got really ill. I was working at Jetz Night club, and decided to leave with my boyfriend afterwards to stay the night. My mom calls and says my grandfather has passed. I was very upset. That was my first big death in the family. We got really bad snow and i ended up basicly stranded out any my B/F's house for 2 days.

Then about a week after I attended my Grandfathers funeral, My boyfriend who I loved alot broke up with me. This was also 2 weeks before Valentines Day. I was a huge mess about that one. Plus I had to work with him still every week. He was a bouncer at the club I worked at.

When I started to just hang out with some guys again, They ended up being complete Jerks. Ive been left out of a guys car at 3 am with my friend with no way home. Some guy who I thought was my friend stranded me far from home also. SO no luck with guys!

My great Grandmother died 2 days after her 99th birthday. Im happy she had a long life, but it was still very hard to say good bye! She wasnt really that ill, she still could talk to me at the time.

Then the place I worked at, that also was my favorite hang out for 4 years b4 the 8 monthes that I worked there close for remodeling. They were supposed to open back up in September, but havent even started the remodeling. I had so many friends there and I really really miss that place.

I lost my best friend to a boyfriend. I havent seen her since May she is only 16 and like lives with her boyfriend, well atleast for the summer.

My dad all of a sudden taking an interest in me, then just blowing me off as usual, his parents and him even forgot my bday and Christmas!

But Im gonna stop complaining now.. Just wondering if anyone else has had one of them bad luck years??

* Highlights of the year*

Watching My so called life, the best show ever for my first time! That show made me really happy, when things just sucked!

Making friends with an old friend who I got alot in commen with

Finding another nightclub that is also alot of fun, I love to dance! Also got offered a job at the nightclub last night!

Plus I saw some good movies, and went to an amusement park!!

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

bad year

Post by lance » Aug 30th 2004, 10:36 pm

Sorry to hear that you have had a bad year.

I can't recall having a completely bad year, but I have certainly had some rough patches: divorce, multiple surgeries, deaths of pets, suicide of a friend, etc.

Mostly though they come in waves that last a few months. Thankfully though there are some bright spots that pull one through.

Sounds like maybe you have had some bright spots too.

-LanceMan

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Aug 31st 2004, 12:10 am

I guess I've never thought about bad things happening in my life in terms of a set period of time. Bad things happen, but good things happen too. Sometimes it seems like it's one bad thing after another, but it can't rain all the time. And since I'm quoting, let me pull out one of my favorites - Fezzik's mother saying, "Life is pain. Anybody that says different is selling something." Life's ups seem that much sweeter when you contrast them with the downs.

:D
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

Angela_Catalano
Between Names

Post by Angela_Catalano » Aug 31st 2004, 1:58 pm

Yes, I had some really great times in life too, and some really bad.

In the past I had an ex b/f commit suicide and a bouncer who i was really close to get murdered outside a bar. That was really upsetting.

But this year has just been problem after problem. Im hoping for things to look up!

I dont know if my year was all that bad, compared to the worser things that could have happened. I was just really sad for a while.

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by lance » Aug 31st 2004, 9:20 pm

Angela_Catalano wrote:Yes, I had some really great times in life too, and some really bad.

In the past I had an ex b/f commit suicide and a bouncer who i was really close to get murdered outside a bar. That was really upsetting.

But this year has just been problem after problem. Im hoping for things to look up!

I dont know if my year was all that bad, compared to the worser things that could have happened. I was just really sad for a while.
Yeah,

In theory one should hit bottom, eventually. Granted it may not take eternity but it can certianly feel like one.

-LanceMan

K-man
Liberty High Graduate

Post by K-man » Aug 31st 2004, 9:46 pm

Yeah, I would say 2003 was maybe the worst year in my life also. (But 2004 is trying hard to pass it up.) I am going through a HUGE loss that will take some time to get over, if ever. Angela_Catalano, I am guessing from your post that you are not that old since you mentioned your best friend was 16 (just a guess), all I would say is if you are in that high-school / college range, you are too young to let life get you that down. Not to discount your situation, the things you listed would get any of us down, all I am saying is at your age you have PLENTY of time to bounce back and turn it all around. It is cliche' but these really probably are the best years of your life. Don't let life get to ya that much. It is interesting you list watching MSCL for the first time as one of the bright spots in a dismal year. I think there are a lot of folks here who would admit that as well. I was going through some s**t in 1998 when I watched the series start to finish for the first time and though I do remember some of the crap from '98, I remember watching Life every night on MTV more . When life really slays you, you can always come here and escape. Keep your head up, and remember the past does not equal the future.
Daddy sold the farm and they've killed my trees. K-man

Angela_Catalano
Between Names

Post by Angela_Catalano » Aug 31st 2004, 11:35 pm

Thank you! Yes i am younger. Im 17 going on the BIG 18 soon. Im no longer in school anymore. I dropped out for what happened around my birthday and fines I would have got, and have already got in the past. In a couple weeks im starting at a place called the Career link. I get paid to go for 2 monthes and they place you at a job afterwards and pay for your GED. Which ive already been ready for, just have to wait to turn 18 to get it. I passed my pre GED test already. So hopefully this Career link will get me back on track.

I know that things will get better, I just wanted to know if you guys had them years that were bad too.

And yes, Mscl gave me something to look forward to. I love the show with a passion. And its a show I can very much relate to. Also i guess its the way I wanted highschool to be like for me!

Jody*

Post by Jody* » Sep 3rd 2004, 8:06 pm

OKAY, I WAS JUST IN A CAR ACCIDENT. My car, which I just got in January, is totally crunched. It was my fault, I wasn't paying attention and I ran a light. My right hand and arm are pretty bruised and skinned, my lower lip is all big and cut, and there is some glass in the sole of my right foot, but I'm okay. The guy I hit is fine. I'm still in shock, have no car, and am still at work trying to get stuff done, because school starts in four days. To make it worse, I didn't even get the laminating done which was why I was driving in the first place.

~ Jody Barsch*
(I'm paranoid and don't want to log-in at work)

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Sep 3rd 2004, 8:27 pm

Oh, Jody, that is terrible! I know that it sucks to have your car smashed up (I almost cried when I saw what my car looked like when I was in a car accident), but the most important thing is that you are okay. Are you going to the doctor to have your foot taken care of? I totally sympathize with you there - I had a piece of glass stuck in my foot once and walking was so agonizing. I hope your car gets fixed quickly. Having to deal with the insurance companies and rental cars is such a pain in the ass. Try to enjoy your rental car while you have it.

:mrgreen:
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

emmie
Liberty High Graduate

Post by emmie » Sep 3rd 2004, 9:48 pm

wow Jody, that's amazing that you only had a few minor injuries!! I can't believe that you went back to work. I would have just gone home and gotten back in bed. I hope everything works out though!

Nostradamus
Marshall Wannabe

Post by Nostradamus » Sep 3rd 2004, 10:01 pm

Huh, I just saw a fender-bender at a parking lot, and I thought 'Oh man, those people are going to have a long day.'

:(

Take care, Jody, and remember: Admit nothing, deny everything, make counter-accusations.

:wink:
I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure.
-- Clarence Darrow

I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it.
-- Mark Twain

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Sep 3rd 2004, 11:06 pm

Sorry to hear that Jody. :( I have been in a number of accidents and it always sucks. Luckily I was never seriously injured in any of them...wish I could say the same for my cars :cry:

You should get medical attention ASAP just in case. I don't know how much insurance will cover if you wait a while to go get checked out. Good luck.

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by lance » Sep 4th 2004, 6:32 pm

Angela_Catalano wrote:Thank you! Yes i am younger. Im 17 going on the BIG 18 soon. Im no longer in school anymore. I dropped out for what happened around my birthday and fines I would have got, and have already got in the past. In a couple weeks im starting at a place called the Career link. I get paid to go for 2 monthes and they place you at a job afterwards and pay for your GED. Which ive already been ready for, just have to wait to turn 18 to get it. I passed my pre GED test already. So hopefully this Career link will get me back on track.

I know that things will get better, I just wanted to know if you guys had them years that were bad too.

And yes, Mscl gave me something to look forward to. I love the show with a passion. And its a show I can very much relate to. Also i guess its the way I wanted highschool to be like for me!
Good luck Angela_Catalano I hope things work out for you. Job hunting can be fun (as I am finding out, again) but it definately can be stressful. I am glad that you can take pleasure from MSCL.

-LanceMan

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by lance » Sep 4th 2004, 6:37 pm

Jody* wrote:OKAY, I WAS JUST IN A CAR ACCIDENT. My car, which I just got in January, is totally crunched. It was my fault, I wasn't paying attention and I ran a light. My right hand and arm are pretty bruised and skinned, my lower lip is all big and cut, and there is some glass in the sole of my right foot, but I'm okay. The guy I hit is fine. I'm still in shock, have no car, and am still at work trying to get stuff done, because school starts in four days. To make it worse, I didn't even get the laminating done which was why I was driving in the first place.

~ Jody Barsch*
(I'm paranoid and don't want to log-in at work)
Ouch.

I am glad that you are okay and sorry to hear about your car getting wrecked. I hope you get sometime to just vent, process and let down your hair a bit before you start school. Its been my experience through traumatic events that when you are in shock (mentally) that you body is trying to take the time it needs to adjust to the reality of the event.

Take care,

LanceMan

Jody Barsch*
Lifehead

Post by Jody Barsch* » Sep 5th 2004, 12:33 am

Thanks so much guys. The glass is out, so I'm fine (although still pretty bruised) -- just depressed and stressed. I haven't heard back from AAA yet about my car, so we'll see what happens with the insurance. I'm just trying not to think about it too much...
Sometimes I write a little MSCL fanfiction: https://www.fanfiction.net/u/1039807/Jody-Barsch
Also, after multiple V. Mars reiterations, and finally a Deadwood movie, still wishing for some continuation of The Riches !