They let people like me own homes?

If you want to share some events in your life or thoughts about life in general with other MSCL fans or if you just want post a rant to let some steam off - this is the place.
Forum Newbies: Please introduce yourself here!
Nothingman
Liberty High Graduate

They let people like me own homes?

Post by Nothingman » Aug 17th 2004, 11:27 pm

Well I’m now a homeowner, I closed Tuesday, August 17, 2004 and now have a shiny new key on my key chain. I am boxing things up in my apartment and renting a truck on Saturday. I’m moving out of my 2 bedroom, 1 ½ bath apartment into a giant house. I love my apartment, it fits me perfectly, but it doesn’t make sense to keep paying rent when I could be investing that money and making a profit. I bought a 3 bedroom, 2 ½ bath, 2000 sq. ft. house with big heated garage and fenced back yard with mature landscaping. It was built in 1996 so there won’t be much for fixing up except for what I want to put into the place to increase its value.

I’m not sure it’s really hit me yet. I think it’ll really sink in when I spend my first night in it. The strangest thing is to be putting down roots, it seems so permanent. But really it’s only for a minimum of 2 or 3 years, then I could get out without penalties. I think my parents are more excited about it than I am. I’m happy about it, but it’s not like I’m unhappy living where I’m at.

I’ve got pictures but I need help posting them. I’ll tell you guys more about it later, I’m off to go see AVP.
"To come to your senses, you must first go out of your mind." - Alan Watts

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Aug 17th 2004, 11:34 pm

Congrats! Even if it's only for 2 or 3 years, it's still a good investment especially since it's a relatively new house and won't require a lot of work or money from you by way of repairs. A friend of mine is thinking about buying a house while he is in graduate school because it makes more sense than spending money on rent. I think he is also very tempted because property is so much more affordable outside of California that he can't resist.

:lol:

Can't wait to see some pictures of your new place!
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

Jody Barsch*
Lifehead

Post by Jody Barsch* » Aug 17th 2004, 11:38 pm

Congratulations again! :smilecolros:
Seeing pictures would be great!

I'd love to get a closer look at that fence :wink:
Sometimes I write a little MSCL fanfiction: https://www.fanfiction.net/u/1039807/Jody-Barsch
Also, after multiple V. Mars reiterations, and finally a Deadwood movie, still wishing for some continuation of The Riches !

Nostradamus
Marshall Wannabe

Post by Nostradamus » Aug 17th 2004, 11:50 pm

With three bedrooms you will need at least three wives...

:go:
I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure.
-- Clarence Darrow

I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it.
-- Mark Twain

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Aug 18th 2004, 12:06 am

Start building your harem now!

:mrgreen:
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Aug 18th 2004, 12:21 am

Nostradamus wrote:With three bedrooms you will need at least three wives...

:go:
Guess the house was bought in Utah ;)

Congrats! I wish I had the dough to even think about owning a home around here.

Oh, and sign up for a Photbucket.com account. Gives you the code you need right below the picture for posting it on a forum.

starbug
Lifehead

Post by starbug » Aug 18th 2004, 5:16 am

Congratulations! it is pretty impressive that you can afford to buy a home at the age of 24... wow!

2000 sq feet is huge! I think my apartment is around 750sq ft, and that's for 2 of us... I'm impressed. Can't wait to see pictures. :) 8)

---------------------------------------------
http://www.urban-hills.blogspot.com
---------------------------------------------

grim4746
Krakow

Post by grim4746 » Aug 18th 2004, 8:33 am

Congratulations nothingman! That is a huge house. You should think about getting a pet unless you already have one (or more).
candygirl wrote:Start building your harem now!

:mrgreen:
Uh, I think I have an idea of where he can start
Jody Barsch* wrote:I'd love to get a closer look at that fence ;)

Nothingman
Liberty High Graduate

Post by Nothingman » Aug 18th 2004, 12:49 pm

Thanks guys!
I checked out Photobucket.com, but can't registar untill 10pm to post pics.
candygirl wrote:Start building your harem now!
I've been building the harem for the last 6 months, now I just need to inform them of the new address. But I'm always looking for new fun people to hang out with.
Nostradamus wrote:With three bedrooms you will need at least three wives...
Three "women", yes, three "wives" no way. I'm not interested in one at the momment. There are three gates in the fence though, maybe it's a sign.
grim wrote:Congratulations nothingman! That is a huge house. You should think about getting a pet unless you already have one (or more).
I have a leopard gecko named Mr. Jones. I feed him once a week, and his version of a walk is to scurry around the living room. At this point in my life this is exactly the type of pet I can handle. I like to travel, and I am gone a lot of weekends during the winter coaching the college hockey team. I'd like a dog at some point, but I know I'm not ready to devote the time that I would want to with one.
Jody Barsch* wrote:I'd love to get a closer look at that fence
:wink:
Maybe at the next 24 support meeting.

Nothingman
Liberty High Graduate

Post by Nothingman » Aug 18th 2004, 3:18 pm

I'm going to paint my bedroom, but am in need of a new comforter. I'm thinking green or maroon, but I can't find anything I like. Since this dictates what color the room is, I can't paint till I find one. I'm looking for something stylish and masculine. I don't want NASCAR, or ducks, or camoflage, I just want it to have a style other than flowery stuff with 50 different colors. I don't want it to look like a bed and breakfast, but it should be more refined than a dorm room. I've tried Overstock.com, and Domestications and have found nothing. Since I know some of you are online shopping professional I thought I might enlist your help. If you have any suggestions on where I might find something, I'd appreciate it. From what I gathered so far, men aren't suppose to buy comforters.

Megs
Lifehead

Post by Megs » Aug 18th 2004, 5:54 pm

Congratulations! I can't wait to see the pics!

If anyone is interested, here are the pics from my house, taken after we moved in last year. :oops:

Off to look for a "masculine" bedspread for you! :wink:
"I have all these dreams where I know exactly what to say. And you tell me, you know, that you forgive me."

Jody Barsch*
Lifehead

Post by Jody Barsch* » Aug 18th 2004, 6:12 pm

Nothingman wrote:I'm going to paint my bedroom, but am in need of a new comforter. I'm thinking green or maroon, but I can't find anything I like. Since this dictates what color the room is, I can't paint till I find one. I'm looking for something stylish and masculine. I don't want NASCAR, or ducks, or camoflage, I just want it to have a style other than flowery stuff with 50 different colors. I don't want it to look like a bed and breakfast, but it should be more refined than a dorm room. I've tried Overstock.com, and Domestications and have found nothing. Since I know some of you are online shopping professional I thought I might enlist your help. If you have any suggestions on where I might find something, I'd appreciate it. From what I gathered so far, men aren't suppose to buy comforters.
I freaking LOVE that you posted this! :lol:

I am strictly a down comforter and/or quilts kind of person. No bedspreads, they neither look, nor feel as good, as down. Personally, I'm a fan of white duvet covers, but then I tend to always like beds in white crisp cotton sheets (occasionally a light yellow or light blue solid, and sometimes a two-color small plaid or gingham print. -- It is my personal philosophy that neither bed linens nor underwear should be audacious in their color or print.) I bought my ex-boyfriend's duvet for him, it was a blue, very small-print, plaid (it may have been Ralph Lauren); we both really liked it. :wink:

Wait, are you sure you're not overlooking the morning glory wallpaper option?
Sometimes I write a little MSCL fanfiction: https://www.fanfiction.net/u/1039807/Jody-Barsch
Also, after multiple V. Mars reiterations, and finally a Deadwood movie, still wishing for some continuation of The Riches !

Megs
Lifehead

Post by Megs » Aug 18th 2004, 6:23 pm

Jody Barsch* wrote: I am strictly a down comforter and/or quilts kind of person. No bedspreads, they neither look, nor feel as good, as down. Personally, I'm a fan of white duvet covers, but then I tend to always like beds in white crisp cotton sheets (occasionally a light yellow or light blue solid, and sometimes a two-color small plaid or gingham print. -- It is my personal philosophy that neither bed linens nor underwear should be audacious in their color or print.)
I would advise against a white duvet cover. They tend to show dirt way faster, and for a man, I just don't think that will work. :wink:
"I have all these dreams where I know exactly what to say. And you tell me, you know, that you forgive me."

Megs
Lifehead

Post by Megs » Aug 18th 2004, 6:27 pm

From Bed Bath and Beyond:

This one is very, very soft. Trust me.
Last edited by Megs on Aug 18th 2004, 6:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Jody Barsch*
Lifehead

Post by Jody Barsch* » Aug 18th 2004, 6:28 pm

Neat pictures Megs! I love your cat! Nothingman, my vote is against burgandy. I am entering my third year of my green phase, but green can be tricky when shopping for linens; usually the selection is hunter green, gray green, mint green, or some kind of aqua/electric/"I'm GREEN" green -- none of which, I feel, belongs in an adult's bedroom. Paint is fun because you're sure to find the exact color you want.