They let people like me own homes?

If you want to share some events in your life or thoughts about life in general with other MSCL fans or if you just want post a rant to let some steam off - this is the place.
Forum Newbies: Please introduce yourself here!
Megs
Lifehead

Post by Megs » Aug 18th 2004, 6:32 pm

Nautica
"I have all these dreams where I know exactly what to say. And you tell me, you know, that you forgive me."

Megs
Lifehead

Post by Megs » Aug 18th 2004, 6:35 pm

Jody Barsch* wrote:Neat pictures Megs! I love your cat! Nothingman, my vote is against burgandy. I am entering my third year of my green phase, but green can be tricky when shopping for linens; usually the selection is hunter green, gray green, mint green, or some kind of aqua/electric/"I'm GREEN" green -- none of which, I feel, belongs in an adult's bedroom. Paint is fun because you're sure to find the exact color you want.
Thanks! The fluffy one is Tabby, the other one (under the table in the kitchen) is Conan. :D

We just got hardwood put in the foyer and the entire mid-level. I love it. Ok. I will stop highjacking NM's post. :oops:
"I have all these dreams where I know exactly what to say. And you tell me, you know, that you forgive me."

Nothingman
Liberty High Graduate

Post by Nothingman » Aug 18th 2004, 6:46 pm

Nice place Megs! Anyway, my bed is solid oak with a medium stain. I'm actually leaning toward burgundy because I'd like to do one room in the house that color and my bedroom seems to be the best fit. I need to go look at paint colors to see if there is something that will work well with it without feeling like your sleeping in someone's liver. I can't find much for and interesting patterns, though I could start my own company with the amount of ideas that have popped into my head. But I think I'm going solid color. Probably a chenelle duvet in a king. This one has caught my attention.
Image[/url]
And as soon as I get this figured out I'm going to go buy some power tools to even out all this linen talk.
"To come to your senses, you must first go out of your mind." - Alan Watts

Jody Barsch*
Lifehead

Post by Jody Barsch* » Aug 18th 2004, 6:54 pm

Megs wrote:Ok. I will stop highjacking NM's post. :oops:
Nothingman wrote:And as soon as I get this figured out I'm going to go buy some power tools to even out all this linen talk.
These both made me laugh :D

That looks like purple from here NM
Sometimes I write a little MSCL fanfiction: https://www.fanfiction.net/u/1039807/Jody-Barsch
Also, after multiple V. Mars reiterations, and finally a Deadwood movie, still wishing for some continuation of The Riches !

Nothingman
Liberty High Graduate

Post by Nothingman » Aug 18th 2004, 7:09 pm

Jody Barsch* wrote:That looks like purple from here NM
It's burgundy, not purple. Your eye is picking up the blue from the post background and the blue bar on the left of the screen. That's why your brain says purple. Try looking at it here. If it's still purple let me know. I'm ok with wine, not ok with Barney.

Jody Barsch*
Lifehead

Post by Jody Barsch* » Aug 18th 2004, 7:36 pm

Nothingman wrote:Try looking at it here. If it's still purple let me know.
I don't know, it doesn't look burgandy (which has more red tones) to me. Maybe plum is a better word?
Nothingman wrote:I'm ok with wine, not ok with Barney.
:lol: It doesn't look like pinot noir to me, but it doesn't bring children's dinosaurs to mind either.
Sometimes I write a little MSCL fanfiction: https://www.fanfiction.net/u/1039807/Jody-Barsch
Also, after multiple V. Mars reiterations, and finally a Deadwood movie, still wishing for some continuation of The Riches !

starbug
Lifehead

Post by starbug » Aug 19th 2004, 4:46 am

Nothingman wrote:
Jody Barsch* wrote: wrote:
That looks like purple from here NM

It's burgundy, not purple. Your eye is picking up the blue from the post background and the blue bar on the left of the screen. That's why your brain says purple. Try looking at it here. If it's still purple let me know. I'm ok with wine, not ok with Barney.
It looks like burgandy to me. Which is a fairly masculine colour. Being a woman, I'd go with the first of megs' suggestions.... plus if you have that colour on your bed, you're going to have to go with a light colour on the walls or walking into your room will feel like descending into hell. You could do matching burgundy curtains and cushions but don't be tempted to paint your walls a dark colour as well. At the most, you could paint one wall darker and try to make a feature of it.

Have you seen this site?
allows you to virtually decorate your rooms

I used it when planning my bathroom, and it helped no end. :wink:

**Edited to fix URL difficulty. One day I will understand technology, I swear***
Last edited by starbug on Aug 19th 2004, 5:02 am, edited 2 times in total.

---------------------------------------------
http://www.urban-hills.blogspot.com

Nostradamus
Marshall Wannabe

Post by Nostradamus » Aug 19th 2004, 4:58 am

Wow, you guys all have great taste! I'm juggling a few things in the background now, but I'll post more later.

:D

... And I can't get either Megs' pictures or Starbug's virtual thingy to work!

:(
I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure.
-- Clarence Darrow

I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it.
-- Mark Twain

starbug
Lifehead

Post by starbug » Aug 19th 2004, 5:02 am

PS - Megs, your pictures wouldn't work for me either. I want to see them though...

Nostradamus
Marshall Wannabe

Post by Nostradamus » Aug 19th 2004, 5:12 am

I should say Megs' home pictures don't work; I can see the bed sets fine.

That's a nifty tool Starbug. I sometimes use The Sims home building options to try new ideas, though your link is more realistic.

:)
-- Clarence Darrow

-- Mark Twain

Nostradamus
Marshall Wannabe

Post by Nostradamus » Aug 19th 2004, 8:13 am

"Elegante" by Dan River

"Watercolours" by Alexander Julian
-- Clarence Darrow

-- Mark Twain

Nostradamus
Marshall Wannabe

Post by Nostradamus » Aug 19th 2004, 8:32 am

Megs' photos are working now. I love the one where a cat tail is sticking up out of the bottom edge of the picture, like the shark fin in Jaws.

:lol:
-- Clarence Darrow

-- Mark Twain

starbug
Lifehead

Post by starbug » Aug 19th 2004, 9:44 am

Megs, I looked at your photos - your house is fantastic! it looks like you've got lots of space.

NM, have you seen anything about colour and psychology? have a look here and you can read about the different effects of colour.

Reds are firey, emotional, 'hot' colours, which denote activity and possibly even a raising of the blood pressure. Depends what you want to use your bedroom for (ahem), but if it's a good night's sleep once in a while, I'd go with green. :wink:
On the other hand, with a harem to contend with, you might need some hot red in the bedroom :idea:

Jody Barsch*
Lifehead

Post by Jody Barsch* » Aug 19th 2004, 11:54 am

Is it a bad sign that that site does not mention white? :?

Nothingman
Liberty High Graduate

Post by Nothingman » Aug 19th 2004, 5:57 pm

starbug wrote:NM, have you seen anything about colour and psychology? have a look
Yeah, I remember when reading the Andromeda Strain, each level was painted a different color to faciliate the mood.

I sent my mom to the paint store and they had some process of selecting color in order to create a relaxing room. We're thinking the opposite wall to the bed will be maroon, but the rest will be a more neutral green base. Then she'll make some smaller pillows out of tapestry that has burgundy, gold and green in it. Green to tie in the walls and cold to tie in the oak funiture.

After living in white rooms for the past 6 years in every rental I've been in, I'm starved for color. So I'm in the mood to be a bit daring, as long as it doesn't look like a bad episode of Trading Spaces.

Megs, I like both of your suggestions. I like the tan, except it's the same color as my bedroom set so I wouldn't have much personality. The green one is great, and would be what I'd normally go for, but my living room has a lot of green in it, and I'd like to do something different in the bedroom. But I applaud your taste. Thanks to you and everyone else for your suggestions.

I started moving stuff in last night, that was pretty exciting. All the neighbors are watching me as I do it, I'm sure they're thinking, oh great, another college kid who'll have loud parties and not mow the lawn. What little do they know, but I'd make the same assumption if I was them too. I'm going to put a bacci course in my back yard, I have the set but I want to set up the boards so it's regulation instead of just a free for all. They did a good job of cleaning the house before they left, it was a kid living there so he was used to rentals and cleaned it for me. Makes my job easier, I wasn't about to tell him he didn't have to. No garage door openers or extra keys though. Have to get some extras made and I have one programable garage door opener I can use for now. I've got track lighting in the garage, but I can't figure out how to turn it on. :oops: