Moving to Seattle!!

If you want to share some events in your life or thoughts about life in general with other MSCL fans or if you just want post a rant to let some steam off - this is the place.
Forum Newbies: Please introduce yourself here!
Nostradamus
Marshall Wannabe

Post by Nostradamus » Sep 12th 2004, 7:30 am

*cough*

Vancouver is prettier. I'm just sayin'.

:-P
I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure.
-- Clarence Darrow

I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it.
-- Mark Twain

special_k
Yearbook Team
Location: Closer to here than there, in the land between dreaming and waking...

Post by special_k » Sep 12th 2004, 1:17 pm

Nostradamus wrote:*cough*

BC or Washington?
"Sometimes things happen between people that you don't really expect. And sometimes the things that are important are the ones that seem the weirdest or the most wrong, and those are the ones that change your life."

Jessie, "Once and Again"

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Sep 12th 2004, 5:57 pm

special_k wrote:Singles provided a much broader view of the area
I saw this movie with a guy who was from Mercer Island, so he kept yelling things like, "I know where that is!" "My _____ is down the street from there!"

:lol:
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

Nostradamus
Marshall Wannabe

Post by Nostradamus » Sep 12th 2004, 6:43 pm

special_k wrote:

BC or Washington?
BC. A lot of my favorite shows were filmed there: MacGuyver, The Commish, The X-Files, etc. Though I do give credit to Seattle for Grunge culture, Frasier (sort of), and of course the angry slappy guy from Real World: Seattle.

:wink:
I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure.
-- Clarence Darrow

I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it.
-- Mark Twain

special_k
Yearbook Team

Post by special_k » Sep 12th 2004, 7:00 pm

candygirl wrote:
special_k wrote:Singles provided a much broader view of the area
I saw this movie with a guy who was from Mercer Island, so he kept yelling things like, "I know where that is!" "My _____ is down the street from there!"

:lol:
Oh, that's too rich! Yeah, I got that eerie feeling when I was walking through Seattle in a lovely October rain with my best friend. I'm not sure what it is, but, Seattle just has a calming effect. I'd never felt that before outside of Austin. I had a similar experience in North Bend and Snoqualmie. There's just something way cool about being where Twin Peaks was filmed. That, and the beauty of the area. I have some pics from that holiday up on my website, though there are like almost 500 more I've yet to scan. ^_^

Music> Sparks> Coldplay> Parachutes
"Sometimes things happen between people that you don't really expect. And sometimes the things that are important are the ones that seem the weirdest or the most wrong, and those are the ones that change your life."

Jessie, "Once and Again"

special_k
Yearbook Team

Post by special_k » Sep 12th 2004, 7:10 pm

Nostradamus wrote:
special_k wrote:

BC or Washington?
BC. A lot of my favorite shows were filmed there: MacGuyver, The Commish, The X-Files, etc. Though I do give credit to Seattle for Grunge culture, Frasier (sort of), and of course the angry slappy guy from Real World: Seattle.

:wink:
What-ever! J/K. Actually, one of my faves, John Doe, was lensed there. My sister also lives nearby in Richmond, BC. Vancouver is beautiful, but it could never hold a candle to Seattle. :-P

Jessie, "Once and Again"

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by lance » Sep 13th 2004, 12:12 am

Oddly enough Vancouver is one of two places in Canada I would love to go to, Nova Scotia being the other.

I have been to Toronto, that is a fun city to visit.

-LanceMan

emmie
Liberty High Graduate

Post by emmie » Sep 13th 2004, 3:04 pm

lance wrote:
I have been to Toronto, that is a fun city to visit.

-LanceMan
I've thought about living in Toronto because supposedly they have a large film industry there. and the thought of having to move to Hollywood or NYC is just too much for me. however, I absolutely hate the cold! I'm so picky. ha ha. so who knows where I'll end up!

andrewgd
Liberty High Graduate

Post by andrewgd » Sep 14th 2004, 9:25 pm

Oh, heh, so. . . needless to say, I've been having so much fun out here that I don't often get back to the forum. I'm trying to catch up now so I can keep up on it again. We'll see. :)

If anyone's interested, I do post at my.imaginationispower.com I've had some photos up, and commentary on seeing games and shows around here. Lots of in-jokes with my friends, but maybe you'll find the photos amusing. :D
"Your imagination, like a child, will explode with unrestrained possibilities for adventure."