ice + alley

If you want to share some events in your life or thoughts about life in general with other MSCL fans or if you just want post a rant to let some steam off - this is the place.
Forum Newbies: Please introduce yourself here!
pgh kenny
Angelica

ice + alley

Post by pgh kenny » Jan 20th 2004, 4:12 pm

so i decided to tempt fate yesterday by exiting my home via the rear alley despite the fact that I knew it was covered in a one-half inch thick layer of ice and despite the fact that it is fairly steep.

for about 5 feet I sucessfully rode the alley like I was downhill skiing, but then almost in slow motion my bum landed on the ice and my hands were all scraped up. nothing was broken, but a lot of me is sore today.
Last edited by pgh kenny on Dec 10th 2005, 8:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Jan 20th 2004, 4:30 pm

Thanks for cracking me up this morning! I have been on permanent stress mode since I found out my dad has cancer, and now I might have a detached retina (and my insurance might not cover the laser procedure needed to correct it) so any bit of humor helps these days!

I (heart) the OC! There is a thread in the TV forum (but I haven't posted anything in that thread lately) that expresses how much I heart the OC. The best part is that my boyfriend hearts it more than I do!

I'm all for a MSCL convention but we seem to be at an impasse right now. If worse comes to worse, you and your woman can still fly out to California and we'll go check out MSCL landmarks in Los Angeles and visit the MTR.

:mrgreen:
i also have developed a fondness for the apprentice, but only because i like the way trump fires people. he has so much flair.
Heh, I just watched Office Space again this weekend, so when I read about Donald Trump having flair, I pictured him in a striped shirt covered with buttons. "We're not in Kansas anymore!"
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

TomSpeed
Marshall Wannabe

Post by TomSpeed » Jan 20th 2004, 6:14 pm

We'll never have to talk about CG's flair.
TomSpeed

Patty: If Rayanne's not seeing you, and we're not seeing you, who is seeing you?
Graham: And how much of you?
Angela: Dad!
Graham: Oh, I'm sorry! I asked a question about your life, didn't I? Woah, what came over me?
http://www.last.fm/user/TomSpeed/

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Jan 20th 2004, 8:47 pm

It goes without saying!

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.

Nothingman
Liberty High Graduate

Post by Nothingman » Jan 21st 2004, 12:12 pm

CG, it's a rare talent to display so much flair without the use of buttons or suspenders. I'd hire you over that pretty boy, Brian, any day.

Kenny, I hope you're feeling better after your alley adventure. A few weeks ago it was -30 in the mornings, warming up to -15 during the day, and it stayed like that for over a week. There was a lot of movie watching and waiting for my truck to warm up that week.
"To come to your senses, you must first go out of your mind." - Alan Watts

KelseyRM87
Tino

the oc

Post by KelseyRM87 » Jan 21st 2004, 4:35 pm

yeah i love the oc too. i especially like seth. he is so hot and he seems like hed be a really cool person. do u like him with anna or summer?

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Jan 21st 2004, 4:56 pm

Nothingman wrote:CG, it's a rare talent to display so much flair without the use of buttons or suspenders. I'd hire you over that pretty boy, Brian, any day.
Well, I did show my shiny pants so I can't say I haven't used props and wardrobe to display my flair :wink:

Kelsey - the OC discussion thread is here. Welcome to the forum!

mglenn
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by mglenn » Feb 16th 2004, 11:22 pm

Kenny, reminds me of my old house. I had a driveway that wrapped up a hill and around the back of the house, all shaded by evergreens so it never got any sun. One cold winter morning I was walking down it to my car when I slipped on the ice and started sliding. No big deal except that theres a huge drop off on the side of the drive way, around 15 feet or so :shock: And I'm sliding right towards it!!!! Luckily there was enough crunchy snow at the edge to stop me before I went over. But I have to say that will wake you up in the morning better than a cup of coffee.
"When I disagree with a rational man, I let reality be our final arbiter; if I am right, he will learn; if I am wrong, I will; one of us will win, but both will profit." - Ayn Rand

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Feb 17th 2004, 1:35 am

Yup, my mom slipped on our icy driveway and broke her wrist one winter. A few years later, she slipped and broke the other one. Shortly thereafter, we moved to California. Coincidence?