<grumble> Let it snow <grumble> <sigh>

If you want to share some events in your life or thoughts about life in general with other MSCL fans or if you just want post a rant to let some steam off - this is the place.
Forum Newbies: Please introduce yourself here!
fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

<grumble> Let it snow <grumble> <sigh>

Post by fnordboy » Dec 5th 2003, 2:35 pm

So who else is dealing with the snow today? I am at work slowly watching the roads get crappier and crappier. Hopefully we will get out early so it won't be too bad on the way home.

I will be spending the weekend indoors, looks like the Aline Quadrilogy came out at the perfect time since I will most likely be marathoning it this weekend. Anything to keep me away from having to dig my car out :D

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by lance » Dec 5th 2003, 2:59 pm

No snow here.

Cold, cloudy and rainy though. I think tonight I will wrap Christmas presents and watch Christmas Vacation. Very dreary weather, no doubt.

-LanceMan

Sammi
Substitute Teacher

Post by Sammi » Dec 5th 2003, 8:45 pm

3 day with snow on the ground. It snowed late tuesday evening and last night. Kind of messy but I am hoping it will melt soon. Since I live right next to campus I don't drive to and from school. Its pretty, but I can't wait to get back to Texas in a couple of weeks for Christmas where it is warm.

SanDeE*
So-Called Addict

Post by SanDeE* » Dec 5th 2003, 10:20 pm

Sammi wrote:...Its pretty, but I can't wait to get back to Texas in a couple of weeks for Christmas where it is warm.
I can't wait to get back to Wisconsin for Christmas where it's cold! REALLY cold I mean. And I'm going to sit outside for three hours at a Packer game in Green Bay later this month! Bbbbrrrrrrrrrrrr..... but it will be completely awesome. :D
Um, in my room, one seam is a little off and I stare at it constantly. It's, like, destroying me.

~~Kristin~~

ducksqueak
Let's Bolt Regular

Post by ducksqueak » Dec 6th 2003, 8:14 pm

I had work today. I teach voice lessons at a music academy. After I dug out my car and almost drove into an enbankment, only 2 of my 12 Saturday students showed up. I was REALLY pissed. After those two students, I had the school cancel the rest of my lessons. When the school called, the parents said they were not planning on coming anyway. Now I'm really not gonna be able to afford Christmas. :(
"Gee, you're beautiful when you're unconscious."
---Link in "Hairspray"

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by lance » Dec 7th 2003, 1:58 pm

ducksqueak wrote:I had work today. I teach voice lessons at a music academy. After I dug out my car and almost drove into an enbankment, only 2 of my 12 Saturday students showed up. I was REALLY pissed. After those two students, I had the school cancel the rest of my lessons. When the school called, the parents said they were not planning on coming anyway. Now I'm really not gonna be able to afford Christmas. :(
Ducksqueak,

Sorry to hear that you had such a tough day. I hope things go better for you.

-LanceMan

ducksqueak
Let's Bolt Regular

Post by ducksqueak » Dec 8th 2003, 7:20 am

lance wrote:
ducksqueak wrote:I had work today. I teach voice lessons at a music academy. After I dug out my car and almost drove into an enbankment, only 2 of my 12 Saturday students showed up. I was REALLY pissed. After those two students, I had the school cancel the rest of my lessons. When the school called, the parents said they were not planning on coming anyway. Now I'm really not gonna be able to afford Christmas. :(
Ducksqueak,

Sorry to hear that you had such a tough day. I hope things go better for you.

-LanceMan
Thank you. I guess I should be more optimistic about the situation. At least I didn't get in an accident and I got to go home early and lounge around the house for 2 days.
"Gee, you're beautiful when you're unconscious."
---Link in "Hairspray"

Nostradamus
Marshall Wannabe

Post by Nostradamus » Dec 16th 2003, 8:35 pm

Horns honk, are ya listenin'?

Across three lanes, I'm a spinnin'

I caused a big fuss

When I sideswiped a bus

Driving in a winter wonderland.

-Drew Carey, on winter road conditions in Cleveland.
I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure.
-- Clarence Darrow

I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it.
-- Mark Twain

Loz_179
Overlooked Sibling

Post by Loz_179 » Dec 17th 2003, 1:22 am

Meanwhile on the other side of the world...
Got my office Chistmas party tonight, and everyone's worried about geting sunburnt on the ferry on the way to the restaurant!

I love the Southern hemisphere...

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Dec 17th 2003, 4:18 am

Loz_179 wrote:Meanwhile on the other side of the world...
Got my office Chistmas party tonight, and everyone's worried about geting sunburnt on the ferry on the way to the restaurant!

I love the Southern hemisphere...
:evil: DAMN YOU! :evil:

;)

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Dec 17th 2003, 4:22 am

Yup, my sister reported that although it's chilly at night, it's t-shirt weather during the day in SoCal - warm and sunny.
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

SanDeE*
So-Called Addict

Post by SanDeE* » Dec 17th 2003, 12:38 pm

And I thought in the 40s and sunny (here in Kansas City) was warm. Ha!
:wink:
Um, in my room, one seam is a little off and I stare at it constantly. It's, like, destroying me.

~~Kristin~~

Sascha
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Sascha » Jan 29th 2004, 5:56 am

We usually don't have much snow, but this year is really different. 20-30 cm snow are piling up at our front door...

starbug
Lifehead

Post by starbug » Jan 29th 2004, 7:04 am

Snow here too...
London has ground to a halt yet again, but it's beautiful. It took me twice as long to get into work, but somehow the snow just means the usual filth in the area is all covered up. Everyone is happy, and it's wonderful.

---------------------------------------------
http://www.urban-hills.blogspot.com
---------------------------------------------

sirhansirhan
Account Suspended

Post by sirhansirhan » Jan 29th 2004, 12:11 pm

Yeah, I'm down in Canterbury (Southeast England), and it just snowed here for the first time since I've lived here. I've come to discover that snow is way more fun when you don't have to drive in it. I used to love it when I was a kid, but around the time I turned 17 I hated it, and now I love it again. Although not having a car sucks.

I've been told by the locals that they haven't seen it snow this much in years. We got like two inches, maybe. I could poop more snow than that.

Just in case anybody caught it, when I originally posted this I put Southwest England, instead of Southeast England. Man, am I an idiot. Good thing you can edit these posts.