Sally was right!

If you want to share some events in your life or thoughts about life in general with other MSCL fans or if you just want post a rant to let some steam off - this is the place.
Forum Newbies: Please introduce yourself here!
Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Sally was right!

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Jul 23rd 2003, 6:53 pm

Remember that scene in "When Harry Met Sally" where Sally is putting her letters in the mailbox one at a time until Harry gets so fed up that he shoves them in all at once?

Well, Sally was right to put them in one at a time. Today was the second time in the past few weeks when I tried to put some letters in a mailbox but was thwarted by some jackass who had put a stack of mail in all together so that the opening was jammed shut. I tried pulling on the handle to free some of the mail in the back but to no avail. I gave up and walked around looking for another mailbox during my lunch hour.

:evil:
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

GaryEA
So-Called Addict

Post by GaryEA » Jul 23rd 2003, 9:39 pm

Um... no.

The way I see it (the Harry POV, if you will), if the mailbox is a) available and b) not jammed with mail in a way that interferes with your mail insertion, there's no reason to put a letter in, close the door, open it to check and then close it again before inserting another slice.

You, my friend, were a victim of Mail Cramming. Ergo, the film does not apply.

Not buying it, huh? Oh well, I tried.

:D

Gary