I'm going on my hols!

If you want to share some events in your life or thoughts about life in general with other MSCL fans or if you just want post a rant to let some steam off - this is the place.
Forum Newbies: Please introduce yourself here!
starbug
Lifehead

I'm going on my hols!

Post by starbug » Jul 23rd 2003, 12:14 pm

well, not just yet... next year to be exact.

But it's my honeymoon, and I'm soooooo excited. Wanted to show you guys where I'm going because I've been showing everyone in RL. And gloating. loudly. :twisted:

I'm going to Sri Lanka :D .

http://www.samanvilla.com/info.html There. I said it. I will bask in 5 star luxury and explore the local culture, cuisine, beaches, temples, turtle sanctuary and fortress city.

:onfire:

Oops - edited because I screwed up the link. :oops:

---------------------------------------------
http://www.urban-hills.blogspot.com

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Jul 23rd 2003, 1:25 pm

Lucky girl! I know it might be a little early to put in a request, but we expect lots of pictures when you get back next year (if you have time to take pictures while on your honeymoon, that is :wink: ).

:D
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

starbug
Lifehead

Post by starbug » Jul 24th 2003, 8:13 am

Yep, pictures will be provided (I'm counting on getting a computer and digital camera for birthday/xmas/wedding etc)... I am aware that I have been lacking in obtaining any for the picture section of the forum so far :oops:

It's a long time away but every moment I get to what I call the 'point of no return' at work, I pop up the website and it fills me with a little bit of calm and reminds me that work isn't the only thing in the world.

jellybean
Jody Barsh

Post by jellybean » Jul 24th 2003, 10:22 am

congrats starbug, one phrase to remember:

"WE'RE ON HONEYMOON!"

it gets you lots of free things like room upgrades etc. Been there done that, got a king size suite beside the pool for free :lol:

Enjoy yourselves and I'm sure you'll have a great time.

hurtstolookatyou
Overlooked Sibling

Post by hurtstolookatyou » Jul 24th 2003, 12:20 pm

heheh, got a bit of friendly advice for ya.

my husband and i went on our honeymoon in september last year. we went to europe since we're from vancouver canada.

anways, always check that you actually get a double bed. we went to lagos, portugal and stayed in a resort, but the norm in europe is to have 2 twin beds that are pushed together (we also found this out on a previous trip to austria and germany).

so make sure you check that you have one bed :shock:. you never know how local culture works :lol:

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Jul 24th 2003, 1:25 pm

hurtstolookatyou wrote:so make sure you check that you have one bed :shock:. you never know how local culture works :lol:
But what does it matter....oh.. :shock: ... nevermind :oops:

;) :lol:

hurtstolookatyou
Overlooked Sibling

Post by hurtstolookatyou » Jul 24th 2003, 3:15 pm

fnordboy wrote: But what does it matter....oh.. :shock: ... nevermind :oops:

well, it is a honeymoon :lol: . but 2 beds also doesn't help the cuddle factor either :wink:

the 2 beds weren't a big deal, made for a funny honeymoon story :D

jellybean
Jody Barsh

Post by jellybean » Jul 25th 2003, 2:42 am

we had the same trouble on the first part of our honeymoon in New York
and we just asked them nicely if they could move us to a room with a double bed,
and they did as a short term measure but then they moved us to a suite/apartment type thing the next morning.
The hotel manager told me that my wife's dad phoned up and told him to book us into a twin room!!! (He hadn't in case u r wondering)
When we got to Orlando for the second part of our honeymoon the hotel very nicely put us in a suite beside the pool.

I live in Northern Ireland and I know that a lot of European hotels do have single beds as it's easier to push two singles together than to saw a double in half, but they normally do have double rooms somewhere.

So, don't forget "We're on honeymoon" :wink:

But you'll hardly be in your hotel room with all that sightseeing??? :twisted:

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Jul 25th 2003, 3:10 am

hurtstolookatyou wrote:
fnordboy wrote: But what does it matter....oh.. :shock: ... nevermind :oops:

well, it is a honeymoon :lol: . but 2 beds also doesn't help the cuddle factor either :wink:

the 2 beds weren't a big deal, made for a funny honeymoon story :D
Well the theory is that if you're on your honeymoon, it doesn't really matter WHERE you are for obvious reasons.

As for having two beds - you can always use one for sleeping and the other for...

:hug: :kiss: :love
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

starbug
Lifehead

Post by starbug » Jul 25th 2003, 4:36 am

...Ahem.
Well, yes, we will be ensuring that we have a double rather than a twin room. And I definitely plan on using the 'we're on honeymoon' phrase quite a lot - thanks for the tip!

I have a friend who tried to get an upgrade on her flight to the Maldives using the 'we're on honeymoon' tactic. The check-in desk attendant looked her straight in the eye and said 'Lady, EVERYONE on this flight is on honeymoon.'

Still, it's worth a try.

As for the sightseeing to bedroom ratio, well, we've got 10 days. I'll be happy with a couple of days sightseeing and the rest bedroom :hug:

Pictures will, of course, be of the various sights, and not bedroom related :P

jellybean
Jody Barsh

Post by jellybean » Jul 25th 2003, 5:22 am

glad to hear about those pictures :oops: you wouldn't want to corrupt us :angel: now would you???

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Jul 25th 2003, 11:07 am

starbug wrote:Pictures will, of course, be of the various sights, and not bedroom related :P
awww, gee whiz :wink: :P