High School Reunion Class '92

If you want to share some events in your life or thoughts about life in general with other MSCL fans or if you just want post a rant to let some steam off - this is the place.
Forum Newbies: Please introduce yourself here!
pgh kenny
Angelica

High School Reunion Class '92

Post by pgh kenny » Jul 20th 2003, 11:51 am

We didn't have anything fancy - just a buffet dinner and a cash bar.
Last edited by pgh kenny on Feb 21st 2021, 11:27 am, edited 3 times in total.

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Jul 20th 2003, 8:05 pm

It sounds like a movie cliche, but many people never get over high school and they resent the people who they perceived to be "better" than they were. I remember someone saying they heard some cheerleader from their high school was working as a stripper and practically gloating about it. The fact that people would rather assume the rumor is true than to find out what really happened is similar to why tabloids are so popular - the stories are more interesting than the truth. It's nice that you were able to talk to people who you weren't friends with in high school and that everyone was able to see that instead of the jock/geek/stoner that people remembered from high school, now you're all just people.

Now I have this urge to go watch the Breakfast Club.

:D

I didn't go to my high school reunion last summer because I already had a trip planned to the area about a month earlier AND the tickets were expensive. Crappy excuses, I know.
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

GaryEA
So-Called Addict

Post by GaryEA » Jul 20th 2003, 9:52 pm

I passed on my high school reunion. I think it was planned at the five year mark - way too early for me as I was still running into a lot of people I had gone to school with.

If they had another one, I'd reconsider... but only if it turned out like "Grosse Pointe Blank".

Gary

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Jul 20th 2003, 10:31 pm

Have someone in mind to be shot in the hallway and burnt in the incinerator?

:wink:

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.

GaryEA
So-Called Addict

Post by GaryEA » Jul 20th 2003, 10:54 pm

candygirl wrote:Have someone in mind to be shot in the hallway and burnt in the incinerator?

Nah, I just want to be as smooth as John Cusack (right now, i'm leaning heavily towards Jeremy Piven, but I like that too).

Oh, and kiss some @$$.

POPCORN!

8)

Gary

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Jul 21st 2003, 12:53 am

Jeremy Piven, he of the great oneliners ("YOU ARE THE SH!T!" and "You're wearing the shirt of the band you're going to see? Don't be that guy" are but two), and John Cusack, he of the awesome movie roles. I could think of two worse people to want to be.

Megs
Lifehead

Post by Megs » Jul 21st 2003, 9:13 am

Why should I pay money to go to a reunion, when I could just go to the local bar and run into the majority of my graduating class (and all others) on any given Saturday night?

Seriously, though. Every time I go home and visit the local bar with my sister, I see a lot of people from my class, and no one talks to me. Maybe they don't recognize me? Oh, well. I would think about going to my 10 year if we have one in two years... Or maybe my husband's next year. He graduated the year before me. Who knows.

I am glad that you had a good time! I would love to see a pic of you with a mullet!
"I have all these dreams where I know exactly what to say. And you tell me, you know, that you forgive me."

GaryEA
So-Called Addict

Post by GaryEA » Jul 21st 2003, 1:09 pm

Megs wrote:Why should I pay money to go to a reunion, when I could just go to the local bar and run into the majority of my graduating class (and all others) on any given Saturday night?

This is exactly the reason why I didn't go to my reunion. There I was, five years after graduation, and I was running into most, if not everybody I went to school with at local bars. The reunion would have been just another happy hour. Oh well.

Piven... love that guy.

<honks horn>
"TEN YEARS! TEN YEARS, MAN!!"

Gary

pgh kenny
Angelica

Post by pgh kenny » Jul 21st 2003, 1:53 pm

most everyone in my class moved away from town because there are no jobs.
Last edited by pgh kenny on Dec 10th 2005, 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Jul 21st 2003, 2:17 pm

I used to run into people when I went home for Christmas, but since most of my high school eventually moved away for college/jobs, I haven't seen most of them in ages. But hey, that's what google is for, right?

:twisted:

TomSpeed
Marshall Wannabe

Post by TomSpeed » Jul 21st 2003, 8:00 pm

I chose not to attend my 10th year high school reunion. I didn't enjoy my high school years that much. And I don't think anyone knew me well. I was a loner. I had a few friends, but I haven't seen them since high school. I've lived away from home for most of my life since I turned 18. Plus, my life wasn't where I wanted it to be when the reunion rolled around. However, I've since realized that I probably should have attended the reunion and that my life will never be perfect. My 20th year reunion is about 3 years away. I'm probably going to attend. What's one weekend in my life anyway? I might see the aspiring actress I had the hots for during my senior year. Of course, she'll probably be totally different, just like me.
TomSpeed

Patty: If Rayanne's not seeing you, and we're not seeing you, who is seeing you?
Graham: And how much of you?
Angela: Dad!
Graham: Oh, I'm sorry! I asked a question about your life, didn't I? Woah, what came over me?
http://www.last.fm/user/TomSpeed/

So-Called Loon
Angela's best friend

Post by So-Called Loon » Oct 24th 2003, 8:09 am

I've passed on all 52 class reunions.

Somebody mentioned that now "you're all just people". I'll never be "just people".

To say that my High School experience was horrible, would be grossly understating the matter. They were the darkest years of my life to begin with, and it was so kind for those who noticed me in agony by the wayside, straight razor poised on my jugular, to take time to come on over and give me a kick in the balls, or piss on me.

If i went there's just too long a list of people i'd feel the overwhelming compulsion to stab, throttle, or pluck their eyes out with my dinner fork.

Maybe i should forgive and forget, after all, what do a half dozen occasions spent a hair's breadth from suicide, a few years with a death wish, and a decade or two more or less as a complete disaster mean?
:cry:

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by lance » Oct 24th 2003, 3:29 pm

So-Called Loon wrote:I've passed on all 52 class reunions.

Somebody mentioned that now "you're all just people". I'll never be "just people".

To say that my High School experience was horrible, would be grossly understating the matter. They were the darkest years of my life to begin with, and it was so kind for those who noticed me in agony by the wayside, straight razor poised on my jugular, to take time to come on over and give me a kick in the balls, or piss on me.

If i went there's just too long a list of people i'd feel the overwhelming compulsion to stab, throttle, or pluck their eyes out with my dinner fork.

Maybe i should forgive and forget, after all, what do a half dozen occasions spent a hair's breadth from suicide, a few years with a death wish, and a decade or two more or less as a complete disaster mean?
:cry:
So-Called Loon,

Very sorry to hear that you had such a traumatic time.

LanceMan

Nik
Liberty High Student

Post by Nik » Oct 29th 2003, 1:41 pm

I didn't go to my 10 year reunion either. I already see everyone (meaning one person :lol: )that I care about seeing again from high school.

I went to my husbands 10 year reunioun, and it was really fun! But mostly because while I was living in Cali while he was finishing college, I got to know a lot of his friends from high school better than any of the friends I had in high school. So it was kind of like a reunion for me too :)

I've got 7 more years for my 20 year--but at this point I would say I am still not interested, but we'll see how things go!
Nik

“Well, I guess it depends on how-- badly you need wallpaper”
“I would say pretty badly”

Jody Barsch*
Lifehead

Re: High School Reunion Class '92

Post by Jody Barsch* » Aug 4th 2008, 5:30 pm

I just received it, the inivite to my ten year reunion. It looks more like a wedding invitation than anything for class of '98 get-together. I never thought I would attend a reunion, and probably said as much plenty of times when I was still in high school, but now, I'm kind of tempted. It's being held only a short walk or bike ride from my place, but the $72 price tag (which includes neither food nor drinks), is a little irritating. It is prompting some facebook flipping and some emails with my high school best friend. I have till mid-September to decide. Anyone else have their 10 year reunion on the horizon?
Sometimes I write a little MSCL fanfiction: https://www.fanfiction.net/u/1039807/Jody-Barsch
Also, after multiple V. Mars reiterations, and finally a Deadwood movie, still wishing for some continuation of The Riches !