You know you should have stayed in bed...

If you want to share some events in your life or thoughts about life in general with other MSCL fans or if you just want post a rant to let some steam off - this is the place.
Forum Newbies: Please introduce yourself here!
starbug
Lifehead

You know you should have stayed in bed...

Post by starbug » Jun 4th 2003, 5:15 am

...when you get up (late), the boiler in your house is having an episode and you have to endure a cold shower. You get on the crowded tube and give up your seat for an elderly lady who sits down for 2 stops and leaves, at which point some total dick in his nice suit sits back down in her/your place. Somewhere in the middle of the journey you realise you left your lunch at home, along with your wallet/cards/money.

:morning:

anyone else having a disappointing day?

---------------------------------------------
http://www.urban-hills.blogspot.com

Megs
Lifehead

Post by Megs » Jun 4th 2003, 9:33 am

Sorry to hear about your bad morning!

This is me this morning: :sleeping: It has been raining here for like 30 out of the past 32 days. :evil: And traffic is always horrendous when it rains! Ugh!

I hope your day looks up for you! :smilecolros:
"I have all these dreams where I know exactly what to say. And you tell me, you know, that you forgive me."

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Re: You know you should have stayed in bed...

Post by lance » Jun 4th 2003, 9:52 am

starbug wrote:...when you get up (late), the boiler in your house is having an episode and you have to endure a cold shower. You get on the crowded tube and give up your seat for an elderly lady who sits down for 2 stops and leaves, at which point some total dick in his nice suit sits back down in her/your place. Somewhere in the middle of the journey you realise you left your lunch at home, along with your wallet/cards/money.

:morning:

anyone else having a disappointing day?
No,

Currently having a rather predictable dreary day, rather cool with rainy drizzle. Sorry that you are having a bad day. Sorta is the thing that if you have a bad day, you have a really bad day.

On days such as these I try and remind myself: "Okay not currently dying from terminal illness, nearest and dearest are in good health, have roof (albeit a bit leaky) over my head, food still in the fridge."

Hard to do on a tough day, but sometimes it helps.

I hope you have a much better day Starbug.

Best,

Lance Man

starbug
Lifehead

Post by starbug » Jun 4th 2003, 10:31 am

Thanks guys - I'm having a better day now and I'm busy at work so the time is flying by thankfully...

I often think to myself how lucky I am; just not usually immediately after I've had a cold shower... in fact, I thought to myself after I posted that 'at least I've got a purse and it's got money in it. It just happens to be at home.'

Feeling much better now thank you :)

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Jun 4th 2003, 2:13 pm

Hope there's someone at work who can let you borrow some lunch money!

I remember once when I was in college, I had one of those hell days (class all day, grab some fast food at the food court, eat in car on the way to work, then work all night) and when I got to school I realized that I had no money and no wallet and that I wouldn't be able to eat until I got home at 10pm. Luckily I ran into a friend who gave me some money so I wouldn't starve. A hungry Candygirl is a very cranky Candygirl!

Glad your day is looking up Starbug!
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

starbug
Lifehead

Post by starbug » Jun 5th 2003, 5:30 am

Yeah, the First National Bank of Mother paid out, since I rang her up and sort of invited myself for lunch... :D People at work would definitely have helped me out but I don't like to ask unless I really have to...

All is looking up - the boiler has been repressurised (that was a comedy of errors between me and Mr. S)... and I had a lovely warm shower this morning. Repressurising the boiler was sort of like defusing a bomb;
'Will it explode?'
'I don't think so - we haven't touched the gas valve'.
'What does this pipe do?'
'I don't know. Turn on the tap and see what happens. Yep, it's getting hot... must be an outlet.'

5 pipes and 4 valves later, we have heat! Who needs plumbers...

And I hear you on the hunger thing, Candygirl. If I don't eat regularly I get in such a strop. :D :D :D

Megs
Lifehead

Post by Megs » Jun 5th 2003, 9:12 am

Good to hear your day is better today!

:D

I get miserable when I a hungry, too. I can't go 3 hours without eating.
"I have all these dreams where I know exactly what to say. And you tell me, you know, that you forgive me."

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by lance » Jun 5th 2003, 12:16 pm

candygirl wrote: A hungry Candygirl is a very cranky Candygirl!
Something that must never be allowed to happen for the good of humankind.

Only you can prevent Candygirl from becoming cranky.

:D

Best,

Lance Man

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by lance » Jun 5th 2003, 12:18 pm

starbug wrote:Yeah, the First National Bank of Mother paid out, since I rang her up and sort of invited myself for lunch... :D People at work would definitely have helped me out but I don't like to ask unless I really have to...
Ahh, yes an institution that I am very familar with.
All is looking up - the boiler has been repressurised (that was a comedy of errors between me and Mr. S)... and I had a lovely warm shower this morning. Repressurising the boiler was sort of like defusing a bomb;
'Will it explode?'
'I don't think so - we haven't touched the gas valve'.
'What does this pipe do?'
'I don't know. Turn on the tap and see what happens. Yep, it's getting hot... must be an outlet.'

5 pipes and 4 valves later, we have heat! Who needs plumbers...

And I hear you on the hunger thing, Candygirl. If I don't eat regularly I get in such a strop. :D :D :D
I am glad that things are better for you.

Best,

Lance Man

pgh kenny
Angelica

Post by pgh kenny » Jun 13th 2003, 3:45 pm

FRIDAY THE 13th

I SHOULD HAVE STAYED IN BED!
Last edited by pgh kenny on Dec 10th 2005, 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TomSpeed
Marshall Wannabe

Post by TomSpeed » Jun 13th 2003, 3:52 pm

pgh kenny wrote:FRIDAY THE 13th

I SHOULD HAVE STAYED IN BED!

Nothing good has happened today. I pine for a different job, but because of the economy I feel lucky to even have a job at the moment. Hey at least it's the weekend.
Word.

10 minutes until the market closes. Then 1 hr 45 min until time to go home. After 5:45, it's beer thirty!
TomSpeed

Patty: If Rayanne's not seeing you, and we're not seeing you, who is seeing you?
Graham: And how much of you?
Angela: Dad!
Graham: Oh, I'm sorry! I asked a question about your life, didn't I? Woah, what came over me?
http://www.last.fm/user/TomSpeed/

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Jun 13th 2003, 4:01 pm

My mom isn't highly superstitious, but she went into labor with my sister on June 12th. It was getting later and later, but the doctor told her it wasn't quite time yet. She looked at the clock and saw it was almost midnight and said she wanted to have the baby NOW. The doctor said no - they hadn't done the epiotomy or anything yet. My mom pushed anyway and my sister was born at 11:59pm on June 12th. I found it very strange that she was so dead set against having my sister born on the 13th because normally she just doesn't care about stuff like that! On years like this when my sister's birthday falls on Thursday the 12th, my mom must tell herself that all those stitches were worth it to keep her baby from having a Friday the 13th birthday!
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

Nothingman
Liberty High Graduate

Post by Nothingman » Jun 13th 2003, 4:14 pm

On years like this when my sister's birthday falls on Thursday the 12th, my mom must tell herself that all those stitches were worth it to keep her baby from having a Friday the 13th birthday!
All I can say is OUCH!, and I'm glad I don't have to go through that.
"To come to your senses, you must first go out of your mind." - Alan Watts

starbug
Lifehead

Post by starbug » Jun 16th 2003, 5:06 am

I have to say, potential friday 13th births for my sprogs would be enough to make me push like h*ll :P :oops:

My boiler has gone back on the blink, so it's time for someone who knows what they are doing to visit our house... bye bye hard-earned cash :roll:

My Friday 13th wasn't really weird at all. In fact, I didn't even click until lunch time.