Instant Messaging Dating?

If you want to share some events in your life or thoughts about life in general with other MSCL fans or if you just want post a rant to let some steam off - this is the place.
Forum Newbies: Please introduce yourself here!
ducksqueak
Let's Bolt Regular

Post by ducksqueak » Aug 5th 2003, 12:52 am

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAW!!!!! I'm sorry, hon. My heart sank when I read all about it.
"Gee, you're beautiful when you're unconscious."
---Link in "Hairspray"

Megs
Lifehead

Post by Megs » Aug 5th 2003, 9:14 am

It does seem that she is lacking maturity.

TomSpped gave you some great advice!
"I have all these dreams where I know exactly what to say. And you tell me, you know, that you forgive me."

Nothingman
Liberty High Graduate

Post by Nothingman » Aug 20th 2003, 1:36 pm

Girl Trouble - Violent Femmes

Have mercy on me I got girl trouble up the ass
Have mercy on me people I got girl trouble up the ass
And don't tell me no joke cause I'm not gonna laugh
I need the cure only one cure in this world
I need the cure only one cure in this world
Hey James Brown I need a woman or a girl
Hit me in the morning hit me in the night
Hit me when I'm wrong hit me when I'm right
Hit me when I'm up hit when I'm down
Hit me hit me hit me hit me all over town
Girl trouble I got girl trouble up the ass
And don't tell me cause I'm not gonna laugh
I'm not trying to fool you people
I'm not giving you no jive
Make me feel I'd rather be dead than alive
Take a look around what's shoving up my behind
Problems drive me out of my mind
Girl trouble I got girl trouble up the ass
And don't tell me no joke 'cause I'm not gonna laugh :P
"To come to your senses, you must first go out of your mind." - Alan Watts

_MackTuesday_

Post by _MackTuesday_ » Sep 11th 2003, 12:36 pm

TomSpeed wrote:You should probably put the ball in her court. Let her initiate contact with you. If she does contact you, you should be friendly. But you shouldn't go out of your way for her. It seems like you've done some groundwork. Odds are that she will contact you down the line if she is interested. It would be nice to have her come after you. But if she doesn't, it's no biggie. And you probably shouldn't try to be a friend with potential. Assume nothing's going to happen. You should also keep your eyes open for other possibilities. Don't let her bring you down. She is missing out on you.
I think this is basically good advice but I disagree on a couple of points. I think she will contact you eventually even if she isn't interested. On some level you made her feel good but she isn't attracted to you at all. So she will contact you when she's feeling bored. When she does, let her carry the conversation, and if she wants to see you, you pick the time and place, let her pick you up, and let her pay for everything if you can do so without being really awkward about it. Don't just not go out of your way, make her do all of the work.

Also, if she ever contacts you, you should tell her that what she did was really crappy. She knew you were interested, she invited you to a party, and waited until you went to the trouble of dressing up and driving over there before telling you she was seeing someone else. Don't let her get away with that without saying something. Be prepared for her to get really defensive, though -- she'll know you're right and might refuse to admit it to herself.

Don't let her back into your life without making her prove herself. You went out of your way to treat her really well and she disrespected you.