Sunny Days

If you want to share some events in your life or thoughts about life in general with other MSCL fans or if you just want post a rant to let some steam off - this is the place.
Forum Newbies: Please introduce yourself here!
lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Sunny Days

Post by lance » Mar 9th 2003, 10:37 pm

Okay,

New thread. We have had a snow days thread here is a thread for those sunny, gorgeous days that you are having or may have had.

Yesterday it was 71 degrees in Cincinnati. It was a beautiful day. The Lance Man got to wash all that icky salt off of the Lance mobile and go for a walk with the wife. Spectacular day!

Now it is 28 degrees but Spring is not that far off.

Best,

Lance Man

Sammi
Substitute Teacher

Post by Sammi » Mar 9th 2003, 10:47 pm

This weekend I was back home in Dallas for a wedding and it was in the seventies :) . Unfortunately I'm back in Iowa now at it is only 10 degrees :cry: . Oh well like Lance said spring is only a couple of weeks away.

Sascha
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Sascha » Mar 10th 2003, 6:26 am

Yeah, it's finally getting warmer and sunnier in the northern hemisphere :) I really hated those depressing dark and cold winter days. I even don't like the snow days. It has to be warm :)

Over here in central Europe (south-west Germany) it's today *very* sunny (not a single cloud in sight) and about 15-18°C (60-65°F). But next week it'll go down to 45-50°F.

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by lance » Mar 10th 2003, 3:20 pm

sab wrote:Yeah, it's finally getting warmer and sunnier in the northern hemisphere :) I really hated those depressing dark and cold winter days. I even don't like the snow days. It has to be warm :)

Over here in central Europe (south-west Germany) it's today *very* sunny (not a single cloud in sight) and about 15-18°C (60-65°F). But next week it'll go down to 45-50°F.
D'oh!

Sorry to hear about next week. Enjoy the 60-65 degrees F though. That's gotta feel good right about now.

Best,

Lance Man

Megs
Lifehead

Post by Megs » Mar 10th 2003, 4:47 pm

It was 60 and beautiful this weekend in Northern VA. My sister and her fiance came down and visited. We had a great time. Yesterday my husband and I started to look at houses! I am so excited. It was a beautiful weekend.

Wow. :shock: That paragraph sounds like it was written by a 10 year old girl. :roll:
"I have all these dreams where I know exactly what to say. And you tell me, you know, that you forgive me."

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by lance » Mar 16th 2003, 3:28 pm

Megs wrote:It was 60 and beautiful this weekend in Northern VA. My sister and her fiance came down and visited. We had a great time. Yesterday my husband and I started to look at houses! I am so excited. It was a beautiful weekend.

Wow. :shock: That paragraph sounds like it was written by a 10 year old girl. :roll:
LOL! Yeah it does, just a bit.

Speaking of Sunny Days. This weekend has just been gorgeous here in Cincy. Started off a bit cloudy yesterday but man it has brightened up considerably. Given the fact that I am the only one currently on-line here I figure some of you maybe having sunny weekends of your own :D

Best,

Lance Man

SanDeE*
So-Called Addict

Post by SanDeE* » Mar 18th 2003, 4:26 pm

I was on spring break last week. I live in Kansas City MO, and when I left it was still pretty cold here. I went up to Chicago and Madison, WI for the week, where it was a bit colder. There was still quite a bit of snow on the ground. Anyway, when I got back to KC a couple of days ago, the weather was beautiful! 70 degrees and sunny. It's been REALLY hard making myself go to class yesterday and today. Summer weather <sigh>
Um, in my room, one seam is a little off and I stare at it constantly. It's, like, destroying me.

~~Kristin~~

K-man
Liberty High Graduate

Post by K-man » Mar 22nd 2003, 2:50 pm

Yes; here in the midwest it seems Spring is doing its best to beat Old-Man Winter out of town. Though Winter has been a bit stubborn about leaving. :evil: It finally does appear that Spring is winning the war. The grass is greening and the buds on the trees are swelling in anticipation of my favorite time of year. Check the oil in those mowers Lifers!!!!! it's only a matter of time :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Daddy sold the farm and they've killed my trees. K-man

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by lance » Mar 23rd 2003, 10:31 am

K-man wrote:Yes; here in the midwest it seems Spring is doing its best to beat Old-Man Winter out of town. Though Winter has been a bit stubborn about leaving. :evil: It finally does appear that Spring is winning the war. The grass is greening and the buds on the trees are swelling in anticipation of my favorite time of year. Check the oil in those mowers Lifers!!!!! it's only a matter of time :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
YES!

A very sunny weekend here in Cinci, although a bit of chill with the wind. Yup, the grass is starting to come up. Lawnmowing is just a week or two a way! I am excited, mind you, for I mow lawns for extra cash. I have my eye on a Iomega 750 zip drive.

Best,

Lance Man

starbug
Lifehead

Post by starbug » Mar 24th 2003, 6:11 am

Well, it's been very nice here for the last few days too - I spent saturday having an active fight with the jungle that is my garden, and not only did I expend many calories I actually managed to pick up a little bit of sunburn (OK, so I burn easily)!

It's supposed to be 19C in London today - can't wait for some sensible weather at last... :D

---------------------------------------------
http://www.urban-hills.blogspot.com

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

weather

Post by lance » Mar 25th 2003, 1:33 pm

starbug wrote:Well, it's been very nice here for the last few days too - I spent saturday having an active fight with the jungle that is my garden, and not only did I expend many calories I actually managed to pick up a little bit of sunburn (OK, so I burn easily)!

It's supposed to be 19C in London today - can't wait for some sensible weather at last... :D
Starbug,

Glad you got some nice weather. My wife spend six months living in London as a nanny. She told me that, unlike in the States, that you don't get as many thunderstorms and that you don't get tornadoes? Is this true?

Sascha
In Germany, do you get thunderstorms or tornadoes?

Best,

Lance Man

starbug
Lifehead

Re: weather

Post by starbug » Mar 26th 2003, 5:47 am

lance wrote: Starbug,

Glad you got some nice weather. My wife spend six months living in London as a nanny. She told me that, unlike in the States, that you don't get as many thunderstorms and that you don't get tornadoes? Is this true?
Hi Lance,

that's true - we usually only get thunderstorms maybe three times a year, after it's been hot for about a week at a time. They are pretty rare. I've certainly never known a tornado to happen... we tend to get a lot of light-medium rain, and we're occasionally hit by a hurricane. I suppose because it's so grey a lot of the time we rejoice when the sun comes out :) .

I go to the states about once every couple of years, and you have the most amazing thunderstorms. When I was a kid I used to get really scared by them - the noise and sheer volume of rain isn't like anything you get over here. Now I love them for the dramatics involved :D

Hope your wife enjoyed London... it's a great city :D

S.

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by lance » Mar 26th 2003, 9:37 am

starbug wrote:

Hi Lance,

that's true - we usually only get thunderstorms maybe three times a year, after it's been hot for about a week at a time. They are pretty rare. I've certainly never known a tornado to happen... we tend to get a lot of light-medium rain, and we're occasionally hit by a hurricane. I suppose because it's so grey a lot of the time we rejoice when the sun comes out :) .

I go to the states about once every couple of years, and you have the most amazing thunderstorms. When I was a kid I used to get really scared by them - the noise and sheer volume of rain isn't like anything you get over here. Now I love them for the dramatics involved :D

Hope your wife enjoyed London... it's a great city :D

S.
Starbug,

Thanks for the info and insight. Yes, she did enjoy here stay. Our hope is that after grad school we will be able to go to Europe for a week or two. London is definately on our list of places to go.

Best,

Lance Man

starbug
Lifehead

Post by starbug » Mar 26th 2003, 11:20 am

Thanks for the info and insight. Yes, she did enjoy here stay. Our hope is that after grad school we will be able to go to Europe for a week or two. London is definately on our list of places to go.

Best,

Lance Man
If you visit, let me know - I'd be very happy to show you some of the places tourists don't usually see.

:thumpup: Starbug

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Mar 26th 2003, 11:34 am

starbug wrote: If you visit, let me know - I'd be very happy to show you some of the places tourists don't usually see.
Lance if that was followed by an evil grin and a maniacal laugh...run away! :twisted: